Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Front end clunking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

Front end clunking Empty
PostSubject: Front end clunking   Front end clunking I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2011, 11:20 pm

ok guys i pretty much know that clunking sound coming from the front are the tie rods , thank god i have my extended warrenty to take care of that when the weather gets better. but i am wondering can anything be done to fix this problem?? i know Dodge has to know about this problem with all of the reports they get for replaced tie rods, so any idea why they can't make better tie rods so i don't have to worry about when my warrenty expires and i won't have to shell out hundreds of dollars to fix these frequent problems?. do you guys know of any aftermarket parts that would fix this issue for the future?? thanks guys!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Front end clunking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front end clunking   Front end clunking I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2011, 6:13 am

If it is indeed your tie rods. You want to buy Moog tie rods. Pretty much everyone I know that has made the switch is happy. They are not that expensive.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Front end clunking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front end clunking   Front end clunking I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2011, 9:25 pm

Moog are the best tie-rods, but unfortunately our front ends EAT tie rods up. Just the design, they take mostly ALL the "brunt" of bumps/pot-holes, and all that stuff
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

Front end clunking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front end clunking   Front end clunking I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2011, 10:21 pm

well with the Moog tie-rods does it last alot longer then the OEM tie rods?? or will this be a problem with the life of the car, cause i have a extended warrenty which is good until about 115,000 miles and i only have 63,000 now. so i am guessing i will just use my extended warrenty till that expires then look into the Moog tie-rods depending on if i want to still keep my Daytona.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Front end clunking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front end clunking   Front end clunking I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front end clunking
Page 1 of 1