Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smoke and CO Detectors.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Smoke and CO Detectors.   Empty
PostSubject: Smoke and CO Detectors.    Smoke and CO Detectors.   I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2010, 6:13 pm

Well, with the Holiday season here, Im sure a lot of us will be having family and friends over to celebrate the holidays. I just wanted to take a moment and remind everyone to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms, and test them. Im in the HVAC business, so its something Im paid to do and know. If you don't have either of these, please go out and buy one! Carbon Monoxide is known as the silent killer, and the warning signs of CO poisioning seem like nothing until its to late. If you already have a CO detector, please check the date it was made. Most people are unaware that the sensors in the CO detectors go bad after about 5-7 years. If your CO detector is about 5-7 years old. Replace either the detector or in some cases, just the sensor. Should you need to get one, I would recommend getting the NIGHTHAWK made by Kiddie. They are the most reliable home CO detectors in my opinion. I just wanted to remind everyone about this because I would hate to see something like this happen to anyone in the CAMM family.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and CO Detectors.    Smoke and CO Detectors.   I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2010, 8:39 pm

I have the nighthawk upstairs and in my basement.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and CO Detectors.    Smoke and CO Detectors.   I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2010, 8:42 pm

I just replaced all of ours detectors. I had no idea the sensors go bad but the mfgr of ours said they need to be replaced every 10 years. One of ours went off int he middle of the night about a week ago. Scared the crap out of me but thankfully it was just because the sensor was going bad. Definitely worth checking depending on which model detector you have.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and CO Detectors.    Smoke and CO Detectors.   I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2010, 12:21 am

Should your CO detectors go off, the first things you should do should be open all the windows and doors, and move yourself and family to fresh air, and call the fire department. If anyone in the house is feeling nauscious, sleepy, and/or complaining of a headache, move them outside and wait for the fire department. Carbon Monoxide is nothing to take lightly, i've known a few people through work who've died because of it, so its something to take very seriously.
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and CO Detectors.    Smoke and CO Detectors.   I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2010, 1:18 am

firestartr420 wrote:
Well, with the Holiday season here, Im sure a lot of us will be having family and friends over to celebrate the holidays. I just wanted to take a moment and remind everyone to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms, and test them. Im in the HVAC business, so its something Im paid to do and know. If you don't have either of these, please go out and buy one! Carbon Monoxide is known as the silent killer, and the warning signs of CO poisioning seem like nothing until its to late. If you already have a CO detector, please check the date it was made. Most people are unaware that the sensors in the CO detectors go bad after about 5-7 years. If your CO detector is about 5-7 years old. Replace either the detector or in some cases, just the sensor. Should you need to get one, I would recommend getting the NIGHTHAWK made by Kiddie. They are the most reliable home CO detectors in my opinion. I just wanted to remind everyone about this because I would hate to see something like this happen to anyone in the CAMM family.

Thanks for posting this Tom!

A lady I work with just lost a family member and friend this past week due to CO poisioning. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and CO Detectors.    Smoke and CO Detectors.   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smoke and CO Detectors.
Page 1 of 1