Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!

Go down 
+5
The Black Stig
AlterEgo
Shawn1112
ChiTownHemi
Illinois Chaos
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 5:18 pm

So I get there and all cooled down. I make 2 back to back passes. Both passes in the 11.5x. Cool it down for an hour and a half. Make another pass and break my belt tensioner pulley. So I find a guy with a 15mm wrench and after a little blood loss I get it tight enough to drive home easy. Had good water temps and normal voltage. Does anyone know if there is an index hole on the back side for a spring pin?

Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! Scan0014
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 5:47 pm

Nice goin' Tom. Sorry to hear about the pulley. At least you didn't have to tow home.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 6:50 pm

You my friend are an addict!!! Congrats
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 7:32 pm

You went again??!! Danny Tom, and yer gettin' better overtime!
Back to top Go down
The Black Stig
Supporting Vendor
The Black Stig

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 7:37 pm

That might have been you!!!

Did you see/race a yellow motorcycle there?
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 8:59 pm

That's awesome Tom. Were there a lot of cars there
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 9:43 pm

The Black Stig wrote:
That might have been you!!!

Did you see/race a yellow motorcycle there?

I saw a bike with a guy wearing a helmet that had two wings on the top. Was that you? I didn't race a bike today.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 9:46 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
Nice goin' Tom. Sorry to hear about the pulley. At least you didn't have to tow home.
You are correct sir!

Shawn1112 wrote:
You my friend are an addict!!! Congrats
You have no idea!

AlterEgo wrote:
You went again??!! Danny Tom, and yer gettin' better overtime!
I'm not Danny Thomas, lol.

Dman70 wrote:
That's awesome Tom. Were there a lot of cars there
Thanks and no, not like yesterday. I wanted to get in a few more passes. I was lucky to get some tools to bandaid her.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2010, 10:24 pm

Tom are you still using the stock style tensioner with your kit? people are grenading those things left and right with superchargers. BMC sells a tensioner thats like twice as beefy and its not expensive.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2010, 10:17 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Does anyone know if there is an index hole on the back side for a spring pin?

A video of me "helping" Tom at the track:

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 5:56 am

jontoad wrote:
Tom are you still using the stock style tensioner with your kit? people are grenading those things left and right with superchargers. BMC sells a tensioner thats like twice as beefy and its not expensive.

Yep and nope! Uh, I mean I was until I hit the rev limiter(oops) on my burnout. I had Todd put a Ford tensioner in. He said those are strong. I made it home and to Mr. Norm's with the busted one! lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 5:59 am

Iguanaman wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
Does anyone know if there is an index hole on the back side for a spring pin?

A video of me "helping" Tom at the track:

lmao!!!! G1, Dave.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2010, 12:39 pm

wow ,Congrats Tom!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!   Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday Racing at Great Lakes...yep,another PB Today!!!
Page 1 of 1