Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The cops messed up my door!!

Go down 
+6
Hurst Pak
punkerjim
RT!st!C
HiPwr
Headtripp
Hypnotiq
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

The cops messed up my door!!  Empty
PostSubject: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 8:41 am

Not really but kinda...

So about a year ago leaving for work started my car and went back inside and noticed i left my keys in the car. I called the local PD and they came out and stuck some sticks in there to squeeze a bag in there filled it with air then got it open enough that with the slim jim they could reach the unlock button. But since then ive had this UGLY gap in the top of my door which looks like the door was pulled back a bit. I have no idea what to do to fix this and was done cleaning my car yesterday sitting there drinking my beer just staring at my car. There it is .. the gap. any ideas how i could fix this?

The cops messed up my door!!  20100811183031127

Direct link to full pic http://a.imageshack.us/img80/9307/20100811183031126.jpg

Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 8:44 am

Try putting a piece of 2x4 lower in the door so it stops the door from shutting then with the window down try gently bending the top part back in. That should do it
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 8:46 am

Headtripp wrote:
Try putting a piece of 2x4 lower in the door so it stops the door from shutting then with the window down try gently bending the top part back in. That should do it

Good idea! Ill try that when i get home. Ill post back after i try that. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 8:48 am

I spent a lot of time in my former life slim-jimming cars & I don't know why they had to push it out that far. I sometimes used a plastic wedge, but I could also get it without using it when I had to.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 8:49 am

HiPwr wrote:
I spent a lot of time in my former life slim-jimming cars & I don't know why they had to push it out that far. I sometimes used a plastic wedge, but I could also get it without using it when I had to.

Thats what it was called.. "wedge" they had 3 of them things in there. Then the bag in the middle. Shocked
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 11:32 am

ive used the wedge method before, like vic said it will bend back
Back to top Go down
punkerjim
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 12:20 pm

i had a crown vic a couple years ago... left the keys in it. it was a police interceptor so my first thought was to call the local PD to see if they had an easy way to open the door. they came and put that inflatable bag in and did it the same way. they did screw it up a little but that car was a piece of crap anyway so i didn't care much.

screw all that junk being done on a car that i actually like.
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 1:10 pm

open your door,
stand in the inside - side

put your knee on the top of the trim panel , at the back of door. below the glass

grasp the top of the door frame at the back & give it a tug. NOT TO HARD !!

close the door & check the gap. may have to do this a few times. don't try to get it all at once.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 2:43 pm

just leave it .....i had my keys locked in my car too ...with the bag the driverside looked a little bent out but after cloding it hard after awhile i doesnt anymore.the passenger side looked bent a bit too and that side was never touched....i think its just a 4 door thing .........
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2010, 5:06 pm

make sure the window is down if your doing any bending...
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 7:23 am

Thank you ALL that helped! Its lined up all good.. Ill get better pics next time i take her out.
The cops messed up my door!!  Gapfixed

bearbang
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 7:26 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 7:30 pm

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2010, 7:55 pm

Glad she's all better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The cops messed up my door!!    The cops messed up my door!!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The cops messed up my door!!
Page 1 of 1