Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

vertical door install

Go down 
+6
BeEasy
eviltrycycle
HemiMag
pigpen
Shawn1112
jjeckelxz5
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jjeckelxz5
CAMM Rookie

vertical door install Empty
PostSubject: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:24 pm

I recently picked up a vdi kit from a guy on the lx forums and i was wondering if anyone knows a reputable place to get it installed and about how much it would cost.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 8:52 pm

jjeckelxz5 wrote:
I recently picked up a vdi kit from a guy on the lx forums and i was wondering if anyone knows a reputable place to get it installed and about how much it would cost.
Do it yourself, not that hard from what I understand. Otherwise go to Anthony Electronics in Elgin, tell them I sent you.
Back to top Go down
jjeckelxz5
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 9:55 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jjeckelxz5 wrote:
Do it yourself, not that hard from what I understand. Otherwise go to Anthony Electronics in Elgin, tell them I sent you.

thanks, i know it's not that hard but i have no garage and really dont have the time to do it.
Back to top Go down
jjeckelxz5
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 9:58 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jjeckelxz5 wrote:

i noticed there are two locations and four people listed on there website, is there a specific person you recommend to deal with?
Back to top Go down
pigpen
CAMM Member
pigpen

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 10:02 pm

To bad your not in MN, I could help you out with the the install.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 10:09 pm

jjeckelxz5 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
jjeckelxz5 wrote:

i noticed there are two locations and four people listed on there website, is there a specific person you recommend to deal with?
Talk to Raul, he is at Irving and 25
Back to top Go down
jjeckelxz5
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 3:40 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jjeckelxz5 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
jjeckelxz5 wrote:

i was told they dont do vertical door installs
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 3:59 pm

jjeckelxz5 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
jjeckelxz5 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
jjeckelxz5 wrote:

i was told they dont do vertical door installs
Since when???? I will call Raul and see whats up.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 4:20 pm

I just spoke with Raul, they stopped doing it for insurance purposes is what I was told. I know of another shop on Irving that does Lambo doors.
Midwest Kustoms 1050 e Chicago (irving) Elgin. Its across the street from Ron Hopkins Ford. I have never personally used them, but have heard good things about there work.
Back to top Go down
jjeckelxz5
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2010, 8:39 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I just spoke with Raul, they stopped doing it for insurance purposes is what I was told. I know of another shop on Irving that does Lambo doors.
Midwest Kustoms 1050 e Chicago (irving) Elgin. Its across the street from Ron Hopkins Ford. I have never personally used them, but have heard good things about there work.

thanks i actually emailed them earlier today
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 8:09 am

jjeckelxz5 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

thanks i actually emailed them earlier today
Its probably easier to just stop in there.
Back to top Go down
jjeckelxz5
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 12:43 am

it looks like im just going to wait til it gets warm and do it myself. i talked to a few places and quotes ranged from 1200 to 1500 which seems ridiculously high for an install that supposedly only takes a couple hours each side.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 6:32 am

jjeckelxz5 wrote:
it looks like im just going to wait til it gets warm and do it myself. i talked to a few places and quotes ranged from 1200 to 1500 which seems ridiculously high for an install that supposedly only takes a couple hours each side.
Wow, thats really high. I will give you a hand when Spring hits. I have taken my fenders off a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 11:59 am

daaaam they're crazy on them prices....If you need help I'm down as well.Only live a few minutes from Shawn
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 12:20 pm

Could make for a cool mod night once it warms back up. Something you guys have never done before.
Back to top Go down
jjeckelxz5
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 10:07 pm

wow thanks for the offers guys. maybe we can do it at a mod night once it gets warm, and i'll supply the beer.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 10:22 pm

Modelo Modelo Modelo Modelo
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2010, 10:50 pm

jjeckelxz5 wrote:
wow thanks for the offers guys. maybe we can do it at a mod night once it gets warm, and i'll supply the beer.
From what I understand the hardest part of the install is the little tweaks and adjustments. Putting the hinges on is no big deal.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2010, 11:51 am

Yup Shouldn't be that hard.Mod nights are always fun!!!
Back to top Go down
BeEasy
CAMM Rookie

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2010, 11:15 am

Now only if I can afford a VDI package so I can get in on mod night....I'll order the pizzas if I have any money left
Back to top Go down
ejfox10
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 9:40 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave13
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 4:04 pm

vertical door install LaMboDoOrz

Razz
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 7:56 pm

vertical door install Motivator60718509c811a4

Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 8:22 pm

Hypnotiq wrote:
vertical door install Motivator60718509c811a4

lol. thats funny. but seriously Lambo doors should be used in moderation. for a while there they were played out like spinner rims. but i think the fad phase of them has passed and they might be starting to be accepted again in the show circuit. i still won't ever sport a set on my rides.
Back to top Go down
Dave13
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 8:27 pm

Suicide doors > Lambo doors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vertical door install   vertical door install I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vertical door install
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next