Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wheels America Making Me Angry

Go down 
+5
AlterEgo
Shawn1112
jontoad
chargerchick
DamnSTR8
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

Wheels America Making Me Angry Empty
PostSubject: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 11:02 am

So i took my wheels over to Wheels America to have the insides painted black as well as the inside of the wheel..so ive been there twice now to pick up my wheels and each time there has either been dust bumps in the powder coat or dips and so now i must wait again for the 3rd time to have them redo them...i know other forum members have brought their wheels there and I dont know if theyve have had the same problem..but i dont wanna take them unless their perfect cause im not gonna drop $600 for a decent job
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 8:04 pm

Damn that sucks but don't take them until they are perfect!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 8:07 pm

DamnSTR8 wrote:
So i took my wheels over to Wheels America to have the insides painted black as well as the inside of the wheel..so ive been there twice now to pick up my wheels and each time there has either been dust bumps in the powder coat or dips and so now i must wait again for the 3rd time to have them redo them...i know other forum members have brought their wheels there and I dont know if theyve have had the same problem..but i dont wanna take them unless their perfect cause im not gonna drop $600 for a decent job

im guessing thats why you didn't come in on saturday. lol.

i think tom might have been the only other person on our forum to use wheels america. his looked great when they were done, but there was a ton of powdercoat built up in the lug holes. i had to force the lugs to flatten out the excess powdercoat for them to torque down to the proper specs.

i had him drive around town a bit and let me re check the torque again before he hit the highway to make sure all was well.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 8:14 pm

Anthony has also been there. I'm surprised to hear about this because I have heard nothing but GREAT things about there work.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 8:20 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Anthony has also been there. I'm surprised to hear about this because I have heard nothing but GREAT things about there work.

both of them got full coverage finishes. i think Nick is leaving the face polished. maybe something is different about that kind of set up. i dunno. im sure its harder to do.
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 8:59 pm

Ya I'm doing the Superbee Wheels style with the black insides and the inside of the wheel black..(Hen the clear powdercoated the fronts and made the SRT black as well...I talked to the manager today who was gone an vaca and I told him..ive been there 3 times already and each time there's been imperfections and I was told they'll fix them..and that they never called me when my wheels were done I had to call...I said I don't wanna have a bad experience cause I was told you guys did great work so he told me well do them until their perfect and well call you...so I hope now this resolves my issue
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2010, 10:36 pm

bummer dude. I hope they make it right for you.
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2010, 9:04 am

well its been 2 days and thus no call back from them yet...im gonna give it til tomorrow and if no call im taking them back....
Back to top Go down
DamnSTR8
CAMM Pro
DamnSTR8

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2010, 11:05 am

Ok well I called them yesterday and they said the spokes had spots but they stripped the clear and re did them and supposedly came out good! So im going to head over there in about an hour and see if 3rd times a charm! Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2010, 3:12 pm

Good luck bro, I hope they did it right this time.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2010, 6:31 pm

i feel your pain ....im an anal mother fucker if its not perfect i dont want it......my foose rims had to be ordered like four times cause they were not perfect..if you pay alot they should be flawless.no exceptions or lower the dam price on shot then........
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2010, 8:05 pm

i thought they looked pretty good today.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2010, 9:17 pm

We need pictures...
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2010, 12:00 am

i was planning on going there for my wheels but i am having second thoughts now!
i hope they get it right for you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheels America Making Me Angry   Wheels America Making Me Angry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheels America Making Me Angry
Page 1 of 1