Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TRANS TROUBLE........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

TRANS TROUBLE........ Empty
PostSubject: TRANS TROUBLE........   TRANS TROUBLE........ I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 9:12 pm

ok im the middle man here. my buddy has an 07 charger srt, he says in drive clunks in rear end then goes into neutral then struggles to get movin again. any ideas or has anyone else heard or has had this issue?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: TRANS TROUBLE........   TRANS TROUBLE........ I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2010, 9:30 pm

i know mine when you back up then put it in drive it laggs a little.....
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: TRANS TROUBLE........   TRANS TROUBLE........ I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 9:14 am

Havent heard of this exact problem but this may be the issue. Most problems I've heard of are from over reving the engine by spinning your tires, than you will here a loud clunk and than nothing (trans unresponsive) like something broke. Car just went into limp mode.. Turn the car off than on and it will reset it and all AOK. If he raised the shift points (with predator) he will bounce off the rev limiter which will do this. He will need to either raise the RPM red line or return to original shift points.
Back to top Go down
JacksSRT8
CAMM Pro
JacksSRT8

PostSubject: Re: TRANS TROUBLE........   TRANS TROUBLE........ I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 9:29 pm

my buddy took his car in........ ready for this one..... low trans fluid. why is there no warning or check engine light, you cant check it either
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: TRANS TROUBLE........   TRANS TROUBLE........ I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2010, 9:40 pm

Wow, not good. It was going into limp mode, I guess.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: TRANS TROUBLE........   TRANS TROUBLE........ I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 5:20 am

Why would it be low? Has he fixed the notorious tranny fluid drip? Did they fix that in '07 already?
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: TRANS TROUBLE........   TRANS TROUBLE........ I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2010, 8:35 am

HiPwr wrote:
Why would it be low? Has he fixed the notorious tranny fluid drip? Did they fix that in '07 already?

I thought that was an '06 and earlier issue. But you never know it could have spilled over to early build '07s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRANS TROUBLE........   TRANS TROUBLE........ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRANS TROUBLE........
Page 1 of 1