Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What tint # you got on your car?

Go down 
+29
moros323
JacksSRT8
ViCharger07
BigM
TgTwist
goldberg1701
Hypnotiq
Hurst Pak #1
yousmellfunnytoo
Hoodie
soundsaved
firestartr420
moaugust88
chargerchick
jontoad
RT!st!C
Iguanaman
irishrt5.7
ghost
ChiTownHemi
HemiMag
blackhemi
eviltrycycle
HiPwr
inkedup
xegitalian19xx
liljoejoe54
Shawn1112
pjcharger
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 6:20 pm

TgTwist wrote:
yea moros flawless but also 275 bucks, Z tech is suchhhhh a rip off

I know they are pricey but it was done just like it came from the factory and is good 3m stuff and carries a lifetime warranty I will pay xtra for that piece of mind!! I don't like to cut corners with my ride...they are in business for a while and I know if they messed up a door panal or something they would have to replace...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 6:27 pm

Mention me at z tech it should only be 249 for car .which isnt expensive
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 10:15 pm

yeah man, I had 35% all around and got ticketed twice, so I took the fronts off. Now my backs are peeling I have to get it redone. I do want the fronts back up, but I probably have to change my plates first, so If I get pulled over again I'll play dumb. What you guys think?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 10:23 pm

pics?
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 10:26 pm

you can fight the tickets and win .chicago writes tickets for tinting,however it's a illinois state law that makes it legal.i talked to local,the sheriff's dept,and dmv they agree
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2012, 11:13 pm

inkedup wrote:
Anything over $200 is expensive. Everyone uses 3m and 3m offers a lifetime warranty on their film. Just a little bit of info for everyone. A roll of 3m costs less than $200. You can do 4-5 cars with a roll, average car takes about 3hrs to tint. Do the math about $50 in material, lets say for shits and giggles you pay $50hr for labor. 3hrs of labor at $50hr and $50 for material comes out to $200. Thats why I say anything over $200 and you are getting shafted!! Your local Z tech which used to be Ziebart and I managed a Ziebart is paying the installer $15hr tops! Some of you should listen to me and go get tints from my guy. I worked with him at Ziebart, he has been tinting for at least 15yrs, uses 3m film. $150 out the door.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 12:03 am

is it machine cut or old school?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 10:01 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
inkedup wrote:
Anything over $200 is expensive. Everyone uses 3m and 3m offers a lifetime warranty on their film. Just a little bit of info for everyone. A roll of 3m costs less than $200. You can do 4-5 cars with a roll, average car takes about 3hrs to tint. Do the math about $50 in material, lets say for shits and giggles you pay $50hr for labor. 3hrs of labor at $50hr and $50 for material comes out to $200. Thats why I say anything over $200 and you are getting shafted!! Your local Z tech which used to be Ziebart and I managed a Ziebart is paying the installer $15hr tops! Some of you should listen to me and go get tints from my guy. I worked with him at Ziebart, he has been tinting for at least 15yrs, uses 3m film. $150 out the door.

not entirely true Shawn. With my 2011 in particular, being that I have dual pane thermal glass in my doors, for safety reasons, I can't use a standard tint film. Through research, I found that the tint film needed for my car runs about $200 a roll. So, doing the math, Im looking at a little over 400 to tint my car.... just something to think about and consider....
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 10:02 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
inkedup wrote:

not entirely true Shawn. With my 2011 in particular, being that I have dual pane thermal glass in my doors, for safety reasons, I can't use a standard tint film. Through research, I found that the tint film needed for my car runs about $200 a roll. So, doing the math, Im looking at a little over 400 to tint my car.... just something to think about and consider....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 11:47 am

firestartr420 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:
inkedup wrote:

I know that about the 2011's. I'm talking about normal glass.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 11:50 am

inkedup wrote:
And what the fuck does it matter???? You are helpless bro, just cause something is machine cut you would rather pay more money. I will tell you what, drop your car off at my house so I can detail it. I will charge you $200 and then go run it over to the carwash and have the machine wax it!!!! Get my point????
Who really gives a fuck if a machine cuts the film, that's even less work for the installer. punish doh
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 12:06 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
inkedup wrote:
And what the fuck does it matter???? You are helpless bro, just cause something is machine cut you would rather pay more money. I will tell you what, drop your car off at my house so I can detail it. I will charge you $200 and then go run it over to the carwash and have the machine wax it!!!! Get my point????
Who really gives a fuck if a machine cuts the film, that's even less work for the installer. punish doh

no i'm not helpless.and it does matter if you want some half-ass job fine, i've seen tint job's on other car's and see the difference.my co-worker paid some guy in roselle and paid $175 ish and you see the difference.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 1:10 pm

Popcorn
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 1:27 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 1:39 pm

I would rather have the machine cut it is more smooth leaving less chance that over time rolling up and down it will get caught and peeled...
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 1:48 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^....... thumbsup....... everyone is entitled to there own option........pay what you want for your tint
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 2:06 pm

moros323 wrote:
I would rather have the machine cut it is more smooth leaving less chance that over time rolling up and down it will get caught and peeled...
I have yet to see tint that was hand cut, and peel from rolling windows up and down.
If that happens it was a shit job, not because it was hand cut. I have been in and around the tinting business since I was 17yrs old, used to tint windows myself when I worked at Ziebart. So believe me when I tell you I know what I'm talking about. So all you guys that are hung up on the machine cut bullshit, keep wasting your money!!!! If anyone else wants to save money on a quality job with a lifetime warranty, holla at your boy!!
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 2:17 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
moros323 wrote:
I have yet to see tint that was hand cut, and peel from rolling windows up and down.
If that happens it was a shit job, not because it was hand cut. I have been in and around the tinting business since I was 17yrs old, used to tint windows myself when I worked at Ziebart. So believe me when I tell you I know what I'm talking about. So all you guys that are hung up on the machine cut bullshit, keep wasting your money!!!! If anyone else wants to save money on a quality job with a lifetime warranty, holla at your boy!!

I did and got my windshield done. Raul did a great job. As a total... all the windows done cost me $225.
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 10:36 pm

Does anyone have 35% on 5 windows? I'd like to see some pics. I want to get tints but it is so far down the list of $ priorities at the time.

No harm in window shopping though. Smile
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 10:39 pm

I got 35 all the way around
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 10:42 pm

Cool I'll check your gallery, I'd want to stay legal so 35% would work plus I like them all to match.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2012, 10:47 pm

I got pictures up before i did whole front window too on there
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 7:15 am

BigM wrote:
Does anyone have 35% on 5 windows? I'd like to see some pics. I want to get tints but it is so far down the list of $ priorities at the time.

No harm in window shopping though. Smile

Razor does but on a 300C.
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 8:45 pm

What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 Last_k10
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 8:45 pm

35% and limo strip
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tint # you got on your car?   What tint # you got on your car? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What tint # you got on your car?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next