Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what kind of rubber to get??

Go down 
+3
eviltrycycle
Shawn1112
5.7daytona
7 posters
AuthorMessage
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

what kind of rubber to get?? Empty
PostSubject: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 9:08 am

hey guys , just wondering what are good tires to get for my 06 Daytona Charger?? i need some that are good in the winter, cause i drive my car year round. i am looking at getting tires tomorrow , so please feel free to post your opinions. thanks. cheers
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 9:15 am

i have the stock 18's on my car in case people need to know. i was looking for a tire that will last a good amount of time. what are your opinions on the good year triple treds??
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 11:11 am

Ask Jontoad, he sells tires.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 1:16 pm

Cannot push these enough: Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires.

I drive mine year round, I have 20's but I know they make them for 18's as well. They are great in the snow, the rain, and the dry. They seem to be wearing just fine so far.

Jontoad hooked me up with mine.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 8:41 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Cannot push these enough: Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires.

I drive mine year round, I have 20's but I know they make them for 18's as well. They are great in the snow, the rain, and the dry. They seem to be wearing just fine so far.

Jontoad hooked me up with mine.

Had the Yokohama Prada Spec-x for over 30K miles also on 20s tho. 255/45/20s. Great all season traction. If you have to drive it in the snow these are great. Switched to more of a 3 season tire, dosent matter what I have in the snow now no traction at all.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 8:45 pm

Yep they were outstanding in the snow this year. Had SUV's sliding all around me and I just stayed steady on the road. You could tell as soon as you hit dry pavement though they would catch and feel 100% stuck. When I go back to 18's I will be putting the same tires on.
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 8:55 pm

what those tire run for a set of 4 installed? PM me if its a secret....
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 9:12 pm

trying to remember, looking back through my bank statement give me a few mins.
Back to top Go down
cjresto
CAMM Member
cjresto

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 9:32 pm

To give you an idea of what they cost.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/yokohama/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=43374&tmn=Parada+Spec-X&typ=Truck%2FSUV
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 9:34 pm

Reading the subject of this thread, I recommend this kind of rubber:

what kind of rubber to get?? 23lysno
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 9:35 pm

Bwahahahahahaha!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2010, 9:39 pm

Man I got sidetracked and just looked and my bank is being dumb. I want to say it was $600/700 for all four to be put on plus I had to get all new TPMS sensors because I let mine go with my old rims. They are worth every penny though.
Back to top Go down
pjcharger
CAMM Pro
pjcharger

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2010, 10:10 pm

k thanks just something for the memory banks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what kind of rubber to get??   what kind of rubber to get?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what kind of rubber to get??
Page 1 of 1