Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Asking anyones input

Go down 
+10
Shawn1112
HiPwr
Dartboy
HemiMag
jontoad
Iguanaman
irishrt5.7
liljoejoe54
eviltrycycle
BigC716
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigC716
CAMM Member
BigC716

Asking anyones input Empty
PostSubject: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 10:36 pm

So I am asking anyones advice about weather I should install halo's to my headlights. I noticed a decent amount of you have them and I also have been reading older topics about them. So basically are they worth buying?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 10:40 pm

It really depends on what you want your car to be and what look you want it to have. I like the look of halos but I don't have them and I really don't want to put them on my car. Just a personal choice, nothing against them. I was considering it at a time, had it narrowed down to red or white but then I decided that I am going to save up to make mine go faster, not look cooler. But you can do both.

If you do decide to do it I can say that we have a few people that have done TONS of them so getting them installed should not be a huge deal. They all know what they are doing and they have done wonderful jobs in the past.

Good luck with your decision.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 11:01 pm

I got them and like them but If I had to do it again then I probably wouldnt or would at least hesitate to. They are a huge pain to install and if I didnt have my CAMM friends help install them for me, then I would of just sold them. And like Crystal said, its all about what you want. If you do get them, I recommend LED Halos over the Cathode type Halos with the inverters. The inverters burn out ALL the time and you will have nothing but problems and headaches with them.
Back to top Go down
BigC716
CAMM Member
BigC716

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 11:03 pm

Do you know/can you tell me which companies sell the LED's?
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2010, 11:56 pm

Flashtech and AAC sell them...
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 12:28 am

I have them and I love them.

And as soon as I get them into this state and get them installed, I will love them even more.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:10 am

being that i haven't had one problem with mine since the install and i have been able to enjoy them for quite a while. i think they are worth it. if you have problems they are a pain in the ass though. that's all i have to say about them as far as install and maintenance. make sure you seal the light well the first time with extra house grade silicone around the outside of the light. i had moisture in my light after the install once and had to add some more sealant, no problems since. also make sure you get a voltage regulator to prevent voltage spikes and extra voltage that can overheat rings or pop LED's.

they are the number one mod you can do to make people shit their pants when they see them.

sometimes i stare at them like sitting around a camp fire.

my teen age neighbors stand in the street when they see me come home from work and wait for me to turn them on. lol.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 2:00 am

I love them,and so will you.
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 2:46 am

glad I did mine... they get a nice response...

if I would do them now I would get the ones that does like 20 different colors... instead of just one color...

and check your local laws... most states you cant have blue or red while driving...parked fine but not while driving!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 5:46 am

Don't do it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 6:05 am

I also love mine, I would recomend getting them. they are a real head turner
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 7:07 am

I do love mine as well... to double what darty said you will get harassed w/ any color but white or amber on the street... parked they cant do a thing...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 7:12 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
I do love mine as well... to double what darty said you will get harassed w/ any color but white or amber on the street... parked they cant do a thing...
Bullshit, I have yet to have a problem and I have driven past cops with them on.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:43 am

yeah well just wait... they will get you and give you a ticket its illegal to have any other color facing forward besides amber and white

in the rear its amber and red...

Alot of cops dont want the paper work for something as stupid as them seeing you can go to court and fight it by saying that they are on a switch and you had it on by accident...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:46 am

irishrt5.7 wrote:
yeah well just wait... they will get you and give you a ticket its illegal to have any other color facing forward besides amber and white

in the rear its amber and red...

Alot of cops dont want the paper work for something as stupid as them seeing you can go to court and fight it by saying that they are on a switch and you had it on by accident...
Fuck em!
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 8:59 am

lol... pigs
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 9:38 am

Gochino's
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:05 pm

I hate the fact that Jackie's and Mine are remote controlled it is a pain in the ass to try and get them synced up or off or on at the right times. She was following me the other day and I nextelled her to turn them on and I saw her in the mirror with the remote clicking until I told her they were on. Little did I know she also turned mine on .... I was wondering why the cop was staring me down at the light lol

All in all yes a big pain in the ass to install but worth it if you have friends such as you do now that your in CAMM. We might as well be paid as local installers for these things we do enough of them.
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:07 pm

lol.. that is to funny but we should we need to get a huge garage and w/ all of our talents open up a shop...
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:10 pm

irishrt5.7 wrote:
lol.. that is to funny but we should we need to get a huge garage and w/ all of our talents open up a shop...
well that would be good since most of us work for beer or food.. We would be fat drunk and poor
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:11 pm

lol.. no i mean a real shop besides just doing installs w/ in the club...
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:12 pm

If I ever get to do my dream of opening a shop I would hire all of you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:14 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
If I ever get to do my dream of opening a shop I would hire all of you. Smile
We could all be on one of those dysfunctional TV shows then
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:14 pm

Eviltrycycle customs
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 1:15 pm

Hell yeah... lets do this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asking anyones input   Asking anyones input I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asking anyones input
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next