Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2009, 11:27 pm

As I posted in another thread, I recently purchased the new JBA shorty's for the 09 5.7, Magnaflow high flow mids and cats and 3 in JBA cat back. The issue is, the flange connection to the mids is too small yet the exhaust is the same diameter. Now I ordered the headers from. HHP and the catalogue stated that these were for the 5.7 or the 6.1 and I even called HHP twice to verify that this exact condition wouldnt be and issue. In a nutshell this is a 6.1 exhaust system that needs to be mated to what appears to be essentally 5.7 headers. I really would prefer to use the JBA headers over tracking down factory 6.1 manifolds being this is the 2nd set I've bought and I've looked some and can't find 3in mids and cats for the 5.7 even if I wanted to. Can a good exhaust man modify or replace the mid flange? would it be wise? has anybody ran into this before? I'm basicly just looking for opinions and input, what would other members do? I'm over this chasing parts crap...want it installed!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2009, 11:59 pm

Pictures, man.... pictures...

Did you buy the MagnaFlow mids for the 5.7 or 6.1?

Ok, well, if you bought 6.1 MagnaFlow mids, you're not going to be able to mate them to JBA shorties, period. The mids are too short. You need 6.1 exhaust manifolds if you want to run 6.1 exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 12:02 am

By the way, the reason you can't find 3" exhaust for the 5.7L is because it's over kill.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 12:07 am

Oh, and also by the way.... I may have a set of 6.1L exhaust manifolds. affraid
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 12:14 am

Wanna Trade????? I will come to you asap within a day... this has to get done I'm outta time

Last edited by Jagdcharger on August 20th 2009, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 12:17 am

****!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 12:25 am

****? There's no four letter words sensored here. Smile

I'm heading to Maryland this weekend. What's the rush?
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 12:29 am

I appoligize, wont happen again...I have some major issues coming up and I need to get this done asap or it may be put of till spring
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 12:42 am

Shit.. Swear all you like.. FUCK FUCK FUCK.... Let the anger out!!
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 1:44 am

Damn I love this fuckin place!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 7:52 am

Matt, isnt this the same problem I had with my mids. I had the 6.1 Magnaflo mids and they wouldnt fit!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 8:44 am

I think so..
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 11:26 am

I have it taken care of its just gonna take a minute...Have some 5.7 high flows on the way
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 11:26 am

Excellent..
Back to top Go down
BlackTNT
CAMM Member
BlackTNT

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 11:27 am

hey matt how much you want for the 6.1 headers???
Back to top Go down
Jagdcharger
CAMM Member
Jagdcharger

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 11:28 am

Yesterday was a horrible day....Way too much drama
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2009, 11:53 am

Jagdcharger wrote:
I have it taken care of its just gonna take a minute...Have some 5.7 high flows on the way

That's great to hear! Glad you got your problem solved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?   Exhaust Compatability issue..Input? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Compatability issue..Input?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: