Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm

Go down 
+10
jontoad
chargerchick
jesse031081
HiPwr
Dragond76
AlterEgo
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
Headtripp
Illinois Chaos
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm Empty
PostSubject: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 2:06 pm

Joe's Place

Cruise Night
Every Wednesday night from 5-9pm. Beginning as soon as May if the weather permits and ending as late as November if the weather stays nice enough.

2009 was our first year doing Cruise Night and we were blown away by how big it became. Our first Cruise Night turned up about 40 cars and from there it exploded into over 100 cars for the rest of the summer! There is a live DJ to provide music and entertainment, as well as free vehicle registration for prize drawings, trivia, more prize give a ways and coupons. There is always good food and cold drinks available for you to either sit in the air conditioning or bring outside to enjoy. All types of cars, trucks and motorcycles are welcome; So bring your ride and come on down!

This is actually one of the best I have attended. Very well put together. They have this announcer guy that is pretty good. He adlibs all night and walks around with an open mike describing and commenting on peoples cars. He grabbed my dyno sheet last year and started calling out my hp and tq. #'s and saying how cool some of the mods were. When a car comes in he announces what it is and he knows what a blower sounds like and says so. This guy knows his stuff.

http://www.joesplacemarengo.com/events
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 2:17 pm

So is this starting this week or ??
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 3:00 pm

Sounds like if the weather holds its on. Also sounds like its a good time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 3:37 pm

Yes, it starts Wed. as Crys said if the weather holds.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 5:05 pm

do they allow beer in the lot?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 8:38 pm

how late are they there???? I have something going on until 7 this Wednesday but could possibly make it there afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2010, 8:49 pm

It says 9:00pm. Joes is open til 10:00pm. Shawn, I'm not sure about the beer. It says on the web site that you can enjoy cold drinks outside. I would bring your own cup that looks like a pop cup or something just in case. Or just get a beer inside and pour it of into one of their pop cups.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 3:35 pm

Well it's a beautiful day and I'm getting the car ready for tonight. Anyone else coming out? Grab some dinner and a brew and an awesome cruise night.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2010, 4:04 pm

We wouldn't get there until 8-8:30 maybe later got some stuff going on so probably not tonight but next week for sure
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 6:34 am

Thanks for coming out Nick, Vic and Jackie. It was a pretty good turn out, for the first night. I hear Joe is buying his own sound system. He was paying $300 for that announcer and half the time he didn't show up in person, just the girls. Anyway this just keeps getting bigger as the weather improves.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 6:50 am

Heard it was a good time, little windy and chilly, but a good turn out.

Hopefully more can start making it.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2010, 5:37 pm

It was nice to get out and do something after work rather than homework! It was a good time and I saw a few others that I knew (ha! Small world, huh?) kinda cold but oh well.

We are definitely going again.
Back to top Go down
Dragond76
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Cruise night every Wednesday in Marengo   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 11:05 am

Like the title says, every Wednesday Joe's Place in Marengo has a car show in the parking lot. It's located right on Rte 20 as soon as you come into town. It would be nice to have some CAMM members represent out here in the sticks, I would but my Maggie is basically stock so I have nothing to show off. If anybody is planning on coming out to one shoot me a text and I'll come by - 847-977-4157. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 11:37 am

Hey Darin thanks for posting up. We have a forum for cruise nights and this has been posted in there.

Check out this link Cruise Night at Joes
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 1:31 pm

Yeah Darin, stop on by Joes Place. I've made 2 out of 3 so far this year. It get's better later in the summer. I'm going to try and arrange for Tim (Mr. Norms) to make it out in one of his cars. Maybe bring that Mr. Norms X-Challenger out here. He says he got the all steel pulleys put on there now. Should be ready to do low 8's. I gotta talk to Joe and Tim about this and maybe Joe can do a little promo advertising for Tim.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 1:34 pm

If that happens I will take that wed off from work or move my hours and be there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 7:34 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
If that happens I will take that wed off from work or move my hours and be there. Very Happy
Our little groupie
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2010, 7:40 pm

Darn tootin.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 3:01 pm

Tom you better post up what you just left on my voicemail!!!!!

*jumping around at work in front of the ceo thanks dude!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 3:06 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Tom you better post up what you just left on my voicemail!!!!!

*jumping around at work in front of the ceo thanks dude!
??????????
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 3:31 pm

Ugg where is Tom!!!!!

Hopefully I get this right, Tim and Rhonda will be out at Joes this week with the original Sox and Martin car and then next week with the one they are raffling off.

I am trying to get my hours moved both Wed's so I can make it out as well.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 5:59 pm

Welp looks like I am out tomorrow, asked my boss about coming in early and she left without giving me an answer.

Will start working on next week tomorrow.

Ya'll have fun.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Mr. Norm's 1967 Sox and Martin Cuda @ Joes Place in Marengo   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 6:29 pm

Crystal has it right. I have spent the better part of my day with making arrangements for Tim and Rhonda to bring out a car to Joes Place tomorrow night. I just got off the phone with one of the organizers of the event. He is an old old friend of mine. He is absolutely floored about this and said heck yes, bring Tim and Rhonda. This guy, Kenny, owns a 1968 original GTX. He knows exactly who Mr. Norms is and also Sox and Martin.

Tim was quick to agree to do this for US and will be bringing that very same 1967 Sox and Martin Cuda (Naperville) to Joes Place tomorrow night! Big props to Tim! So I have a big favor to ask. It would make me very happy to see all of the possible support from my CAMM brothers and sisters in making the event tomorrow night. I know it's not possible for everyone due to the short notice and it's a work night. It starts at 4:00pm and it's going to be sunny and warm. Even if you can't stay long please try and make it. Come on everyone it's time to nut it up for CAMM. Thanks.

Last edited by HiPwr on May 18th 2010, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to Calendar.)
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 6:31 pm

Wish I could, Tom. You're right; it's really short notice. I'm sure it will be great.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 6:46 pm

I'm just going to put my head on my desk and sob quietly for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm   Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruise Night @ Joes Place in Marengo/Every Wednesday/5-9pm
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next