Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO

Go down 
+6
HiPwr
Mad Hatter
chargerchick
Dartboy
Shawn1112
josph26
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
josph26
CAMM Member
josph26

Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO Empty
PostSubject: I want a Screen where there is no Screen !!   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2010, 11:33 pm

Hey Joe, (My name's Joe too)

I am a Newbie here on the CAMM site and was referred to this great little forum from a new buddy I have named Kyle. His user name is SLG7 and in the real world he's the head mechanic over at "One Stop Truck Shop" accessories . They did some work on my truck recently.

Anyway, I'm trying to get some advice on what can be done about improving my radio system in my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Pick-up. I would like to have some kind of display Screen, simular to a MYgig, that can show me the info from the Sirius station I'm listening to (like artist, track title, Channel I'm on, etc..) If the unit could also function as a DVD player and/or navigation device than I'd be thrilled beyond belief.

The problem is my current stock radio is so thin, and my instrument pannel just barely holds it, I can't imagine anything bigger being able to be accomodated in that little cavity where the current radio is located....

Any ideas???

~Joe
Police
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 7:47 am

Pop out head unit, there is alot of them that have all the features your looking for. I'm very surprised Kyle cant help you out, he seems to know everyone and everything. Your new buddy Kyle is a fan favorite around here, tell him not to be a stranger. So when you going to post side and rear shots of your truck???
Back to top Go down
josph26
CAMM Member
josph26

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 3:14 pm

Hey Shawn,

Thanks for replying to my post. Who do you know (hopefully within our little Mopar community) that would have expertise in the area you and I have been discussing (pop-out head units)... Hopefully I can find someone with some real talent and experience with this stuff. I really want a professional result, including the compatability of my steering wheel control switches that control my current factory (stock) radio volume and tuning now. Maybe I'm just dreaming...

As far as the other Pics (Side and rear) I'll have to take some more shots soon, I'm just at a loss as how to post them correctly. When I take a look at your Autosignature it's perfect. You have a nice small set of scrolling pics that show off your "Hooptie" nicely. I have zero azero zero tech SKILLZzzzz...So I'm not even sure how to set myself up that way, even if I did have the pics... Any tips would be great.

Anyway, let me know if you have any leads for me on an electronics guru who KNOWS MOPAR stuff....

Thanks so much Shawn....

Joe
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 3:20 pm

check out ... T&K Soundwerks in cresthill! tim has worked on about 5 of my cars now.... he will get you exactly what you want and need! tell him chris from the charger and vw's sent you!
Back to top Go down
josph26
CAMM Member
josph26

PostSubject: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 3:30 pm

I am a Newbie here on the CAMM site and was referred to this great little forum from a new buddy I have named Kyle. His user name is SLG7 and in the real world he's the head mechanic over at "One Stop Truck Shop" accessories . They did some work on my truck recently.

Anyway, I'm trying to get some advice on what can be done about improving my Sirius Sat radio system in my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Pick-up. I would like to have some kind of display Screen, similar or better than a MYgig, that can show me the info from the Sirius station I'm listening to (like artist, track title, Channel I'm on, etc..) If the unit could also function as a DVD player and/or navigation device than I'd be thrilled beyond belief.

The problem is my original (Factory) stock radio is so thin my instrument panel just barely holds it. I can't imagine anything larger being able to be accommodated in that little cavity where the current radio is located....

Some a recommended to me something called a “pop-out head unit,” but I know nothing about it... Hopefully I can find someone with some real talent and experience with this stuff. I really want a professional look and result (including the compatibility of my steering wheel control switches that control my current factory (stock) radio volume and tuning now).

Maybe I'm asking to much. Has anyone out there messed around with what I’m trying to do?? Or know someone who’s got SKILLZZZZZZ with this kind of shit??

Any ideas???

“Bueller??”

(Cricket Cricket)

“Bueller??”

Thanks guys~ seriously…

Joe

https://2img.net/h/i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/josph26/DownloadedApril2010089.jpg
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 3:32 pm

I answered this in the other thread where you asked the same thing.... merging the 2!!

if one of our members dont answer...and you want a pro in your area...tims your guy!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 3:49 pm

Lapd_Ofcr wrote:
Hey Shawn,

Thanks for replying to my post. Who do you know (hopefully within our little Mopar community) that would have expertise in the area you and I have been discussing (pop-out head units)... Hopefully I can find someone with some real talent and experience with this stuff. I really want a professional result, including the compatability of my steering wheel control switches that control my current factory (stock) radio volume and tuning now. Maybe I'm just dreaming...

As far as the other Pics (Side and rear) I'll have to take some more shots soon, I'm just at a loss as how to post them correctly. When I take a look at your Autosignature it's perfect. You have a nice small set of scrolling pics that show off your "Hooptie" nicely. I have zero azero zero tech SKILLZzzzz...So I'm not even sure how to set myself up that way, even if I did have the pics... Any tips would be great.

Anyway, let me know if you have any leads for me on an electronics guru who KNOWS MOPAR stuff....

Thanks so much Shawn....

Joe
"Hooptie" ???? Who the fuck is driving a "hooptie"
Back to top Go down
Dartboy
Founding Member
Founding Member
Dartboy

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 3:59 pm

LOL silent Whistle idea1
Back to top Go down
josph26
CAMM Member
josph26

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 10:34 pm

Nothin' but a little L.A. street slang Shawn....Nothin' personal....If Paris Hilton's cruizin' down Hollywood BLvd in her 100k Porsche than that Fuckin' Porsche is her "Hooptie."

Now back to my issue Boys... Who's Tim? (That Chris said is the Profesional in my area)??

Joe

https://2img.net/h/i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/josph26/DownloadedApril2010089.jpg
Back to top Go down
josph26
CAMM Member
josph26

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 14th 2010, 11:02 pm

Just found Tim's info... Thanks so much...

Hopefully he can hook me up with something like this.....>>>>>
http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-IVA-D106-1-DIN-Receiver-Black/dp/B00142FJ5O
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 7:13 am

Lapd_Ofcr wrote:
Nothin' but a little L.A. street slang Shawn....Nothin' personal....If Paris Hilton's cruizin' down Hollywood BLvd in her 100k Porsche than that Fuckin' Porsche is her "Hooptie."

Now back to my issue Boys... Who's Tim? (That Chris said is the Profesional in my area)??

Joe

I know what a hooptie is, it isnt just a LA thing!!! It would be the same as me saying you drive a bucket! If you dont understand, its a CHICAGO thing!
Back to top Go down
josph26
CAMM Member
josph26

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 12:53 pm

Hey SHawn...I'm sure it's just the email environment we're in, where sometimes tone of voice and other indicators are absent, but I'm feeling like somehow I irritated you.

Shawn1112 wrote:
"It would be the same as me saying you drive a bucket! If you dont understand, its a CHICAGO thing!"

Which I'm not trying to do by explaining the terminology "Hooptie," then you explain the term, "Bucket." (Which by the way I had no idea what that meant until you used it on your last message).

Again, being from Los Angeles there are localized terms that get used out there that may or may not be known outside of the West Coast. So I didn't mean anything by it. The way you reacted to my original use of the word Hooptie

(
Shawn1112 wrote:
"Hooptie" ???? Who the fuck is driving a "hooptie")

made me believe you interpreted it as something negative.

That's why I explained it with my Paris Hilton example.

Again, no slight intended.....

Now in the spirit of one of L.A.'s most memorable personalities (Rodney King) "Can't we all just get along?" pirat
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 5:31 pm

You're a cool guy Joe. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
josph26
CAMM Member
josph26

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 8:45 pm

Thanks Chargerchick ( Chris ) - I like your Purple Style ! checkflag
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 10:20 pm

Hey Joe, Welcome to CAMMland.

Your Truck looks like a Beast! Hope to it & you soon, maybe Sunday @ "Unlawful"

And Yes, LA does have some interesting terms that is overused in everyday conversation out there, but we'll get use to ya & you to us!
Back to top Go down
josph26
CAMM Member
josph26

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 10:33 pm

"Reece!" What a cool name..... That sounds like it's right off out of a Movie...

Hopefully I can make the Unlawful on Sunday....Not sure though. Scheduled to work 7am to 3pm at this point...Working on getting off though...Thanks for the kind words..
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 10:40 pm

Lapd_Ofcr wrote:
"Reece!" What a cool name..... That sounds like it's right off out of a Movie...

Hopefully I can make the Unlawful on Sunday....Not sure though. Scheduled to work 7am to 3pm at this point...Working on getting off though...Thanks for the kind words..

We'll be there well past 1500, Joe.
Back to top Go down
josph26
CAMM Member
josph26

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2010, 11:02 pm

If I go 10-42 at 1500 it'll take at least an hour to get home to pick up the fam and another hour to arrive at the UG... You think people won't be Buggin outta there by 5??
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 12:56 am

Lapd_Ofcr wrote:
If I go 10-42 at 1500 it'll take at least an hour to get home to pick up the fam and another hour to arrive at the UG... You think people won't be Buggin outta there by 5??

The peeps won't even be leaving until closing time.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 12:59 am

Lapd_Ofcr wrote:
Thanks Chargerchick ( Chris ) - I like your Purple Style ! checkflag

Thanks Joe! Very Happy

And even if you do have to work, you should make it over there. From what I understand, these guys will be shutting the place down. drink
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 6:40 am

Lapd_Ofcr wrote:

What do you do for a living?? I know you say you were a cop in LA, are you a cop here also?
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 9:20 am

My guess is yes. And you better start being nice to him! Wink
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 10:08 am

chargerchick wrote:
Not happening, I cant stand the fucking police!!! Sorry to be so blunt, but I have seen and been a victim of alot of crooked shit that the Chicago Police pull. I do not and will not ever respect a Chicago cop. Some suburban cops are starting to get that Chicago mentality also. check out the story and video, this was 2 min from my house.
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=373430
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 12:09 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
chargerchick wrote:
Not happening, I cant stand the fucking police!!! Sorry to be so blunt, but I have seen and been a victim of alot of crooked shit that the Chicago Police pull. I do not and will not ever respect a Chicago cop. Some suburban cops are starting to get that Chicago mentality also. check out the story and video, this was 2 min from my house.
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=373430

Dude I don't know how that guys brother just stood there and watched his brother get beat for no reason! I don't care whos doing that shit...That cop would have gotten fucked up...That shit just pisses me off thinking they can do whatever they want for wearing a badge...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2010, 12:40 pm

He probably would have been shot if he jumped in. I agree with ya bro, if that was my brother it would have been hard to just stand around. My brother had a Chicago cop beat the shit out of him because they didnt like the way he answered a question they also hit my brother in his head with a maglight. I think he required 5-6 stiches, the whole time I was handcuffed and kicked to the ground, every time I tried to get up I was kicked again, and again ,and again. When the cops were done they just drove off laughing. Filed a report with O.P.S., they said we didnt have no evidence to prove it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO   Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Needs Advice on my Sirius Sat RADIO
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next