Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ordered a birthday present for myself

Go down 
+11
chargerchick
pstlgrp
Illinois Chaos
The Italian Mistress
HemiMag
HiPwr
AlterEgo
Headtripp
eviltrycycle
Shawn1112
jesse031081
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:39 pm

there is the california classics billet brace also. it is more of a show piece since billet aluminum can flex some. people use the techco brace too. but as far as i know they went out of business and that brace drills into the crap stock brace too.

stack performance and razors edge braces are the only ones that replace the stock brace and are a 4 point brace. the main difference between them is

razors edge =
-can use the stock strut covers if you notch them
-comes in black powder coat

stack performance =
-can not use the strut covers because they have a built in vertical tube construction over the strut center
-comes in 2 colors, black and red are the normal colors i think but others are available.

both companys make a great product but razors edge can be hard to deal with sometimes. best bet is to buy it through a 3rd party vendor like HHP. i have the razors edge brace and stack chubby sway bars. both products are great and i was real impressed with the quality of Stack Performance's sway bars. the welds and powdercoat looked top notch. i would think their brace would be made with the same quality.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:43 pm

whats the install like on the razors edge like? it looks to bolt up pretty easy is that true?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:47 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
whats the install like on the razors edge like? it looks to bolt up pretty easy is that true?

its simple. take the stock brace out, pull the wiper motor off the stock brace, un bolt the computer under the wiper cowl, and take the nuts off the towers then slide it on. re attach everything.

some times you have to grind the washers down a bit when you re-use the stock bolts. we put mine on in like 20 minutes at dartboys last year.
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:48 pm

Vic did the one in the Mango super quick too.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:48 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Would be eaiser than the mopar one I installed Jackies in the mango
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:49 pm

jesse, i'm not trying to hijack your thread but i also have questions like yours. will the engine cover have to be removed for the razors edge and stack bar?
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:50 pm

i do like the one piece design better im gonna see if my buddy ordered it yet and if not im going with that. if he ordered it already i would fell like a dick if i wanted to return it.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:50 pm

You can keep the cover with the razors edge brace
I don't know about the other
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:51 pm

dan dont feel bad jts the guy to ask about this stuff hijack away
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:52 pm

ok i was checking out the razors edge and the website says that the brace will fit with the intake cover on.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 5:53 pm

I have the techco brace and have had no problems with it. They are still in biz as far as I know.

http://www.techcointl.com/

But like Jon says, looking back on it, not utilizing the existing "shitty" bar is probably the way to go if you're looking for the best performance.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 6:02 pm

ChiTownHemi wrote:
I have the techco brace and have had no problems with it. They are still in biz as far as I know.

But like Jon says, looking back on it, not utilizing the existing "shitty" bar is probably the way to go if you're looking for the best performance.

ah ok. i dunno why but i thought i remember posts about the supecharger not being an option any more when people were asking about what blower to get on lxforums... my bad.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 8:42 pm

so jt what sways would you go with for my car i dont plan on doing what you do but would like a stiffer ride at a reasonable price. i figure the guy has to have it all apart when doing the springs i might as well do sways. thanks bro
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 9:23 pm

ok so my neighbor didnt order the mopar one yet, he just got me the price so i just ordered http://www.razorsedgemotorsports.com/raedsttobrdo.html thanks jon this style looks stronger and was $40 cheaper
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 9:24 pm

Coolio!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 9:29 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
so jt what sways would you go with for my car i dont plan on doing what you do but would like a stiffer ride at a reasonable price. i figure the guy has to have it all apart when doing the springs i might as well do sways. thanks bro

well i researched both sway bars quite a bit and like i said the stack chubby sways are what i went with. stack performance sells the hotchkis sways too. they believe the hotchkis bars are great and still sell them even tho they make their own. they felt looking at the hotchkis bars that they could improve on the design. one other lxforums member switched from hotchkis to stack bars and said they are better so thats what i went with. i have only driven the car once since putting them in but it was an instant massive difference. i should have done it a long time ago.

you cant go wrong with either the stack or hotchkis bars. both are a great upgrade over stock. another thing to think about is that from what i hear the hotchkis bars squeak a lot unless you lube them very often.

i do plan to complement them with the bwoody end links soon.

if i remember correct both bars are 150% stiffer that stock in the rear, but they differ on the front. the stack sways are 100% stiffer than stock on the front where the hotchkis are 30% stiffer than stock.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 9:37 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
ok so my neighbor didnt order the mopar one yet, he just got me the price so i just ordered http://www.razorsedgemotorsports.com/raedsttobrdo.html thanks jon this style looks stronger and was $40 cheaper

awesome.

that bar was a nice improvement for sure. really stiffens up the feel over bumps when in corners and stuff. but when i say the strut bar was a big improvement the sways were a massive improvement. they eliminate almost all body roll instantly. if you did both at once it would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 9:39 pm

http://www.stackperformance.com/store/products/Stack_Performance_Chubby_Sway_Bars-132-38.html do you pretty much need a lift to install these or could a couple of us do this at a mod night
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 9:55 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
http://www.stackperformance.com/store/products/Stack_Performance_Chubby_Sway_Bars-132-38.html do you pretty much need a lift to install these or could a couple of us do this at a mod night

bastards! figures they would go on sale after i buy em for full price last month. bat oh well. thats a steal of a price. with the special price i would for sure do those over the hotchkis bars if i were you.

as far as driveway install...yea i dunno. the rear will be pretty hard without a lift but we could do it. a lift made it easy. the thing that would be a pain in the ass not to have is a compressor with a gun.

we had to drop one side of the cradle, drop the brake line brackets from the frame, take out one shock and spring and fish the stock bar out and the new one back in.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2010, 10:01 pm

wow sounds like i might just wait for adam to get established at a new job and let him have at it. the price is right for sure
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 8:50 pm

jontoad wrote:
ChiTownHemi wrote:

ah ok. i dunno why but i thought i remember posts about the supecharger not being an option any more when people were asking about what blower to get on lxforums... my bad.

I'm seeing more posts about how techco went out of business and that you cant get their products anymore... i dunno why their website is still up then... see post #2 at this link...

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=209315
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 10:14 pm

Yeah.. I'd have to say it doesn't look good for Techco. Their site says they're re-locating but hasn't been updated since last August. Their phones are down and it doesn't look like they are taking new orders. Too bad because I've heard a lot of good reviews of their products.

jontoad wrote:
jontoad wrote:
ChiTownHemi wrote:

I'm seeing more posts about how techco went out of business and that you cant get their products anymore... i dunno why their website is still up then... see post #2 at this link...

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=209315
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 10:49 pm

There phone is still on, just says there is no one there to take the call, lol.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2010, 11:09 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
wow sounds like i might just wait for adam to get established at a new job and let him have at it. the price is right for sure

That sounds fine to me man, I will be doing an install in the near future, not at my new job BUT at a location with a lift and a compressor. I just want to "clear" it with him just to make sure it's cool ya know man?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ordered a birthday present for myself   ordered a birthday present for myself - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ordered a birthday present for myself
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2