Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New mod on order!

Go down 
+9
Dalegit1
Mad Hatter
sak9880
Hoodie
TheBlackWidow
Shawn1112
AlterEgo
chargerchick
liljoejoe54
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 10:00 pm

I ordered the lock pick kit, a rear view camera that mounts on the license plate frame and I also ordered a small night vision camera that I will mount somewhere in the lower grill opening in my front bumper. I'm gonna hook up the rear camera so it can be turned on 2 different ways. The first way is what the kit tells me to do which is to wire it up to the reverse lights so when they go on, so does the camera. The second way is to have both cameras on their own toggle switch that I am going to mount on the dash under my headlight switch. This way, I will be able to turn either one on and have the image come on my Nav screen whenever I want. I should have this delivered by the end of the week. Very Happy

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 10:05 pm

Oooooooh! Very cool! Smile
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 10:13 pm

Wow sounds really cool.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 6:28 am

Congrats Joe, I really want to see the camera you mount in friont!
Back to top Go down
TheBlackWidow
CAMM Member
TheBlackWidow

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 7:58 pm

Oh this sounds awesome. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2009, 8:52 pm

Thanks! I should have the lockpick by Friday, I hope at least one of my cameras shows up by Friday as well so I can try and get it all hooked up before the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 8:09 pm

You'll have to give me a review of the lockpick.. Definitely thinking of doing that instead of going the aftermarket radio route..
Back to top Go down
sak9880
CAMM Member
sak9880

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 9:43 pm

that sounds really cool! thought about the camera but never followed up on it.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2009, 11:57 pm

Can't wait to see this one.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2009, 5:05 am

I got the rear camera in last night and I tested it out and it works great. The harness should be here today and I hope the front camera arrives today as well. I should be getting started on this tonight after work.
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2009, 8:53 am

Nice .... I look forward to seeing pics!!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2009, 8:38 pm

Well at the moment it looks like I cant do this mod. My Nav is an REC but apparently its the wrong type of REC Nav that is needed to use the lockpic. I have an extra 4 pin connector in the back of my Nav system and I need a 3 pin connector in order to be able to use the camera. Now I dont know what Im gonna do. Im gonna try to hook something up and see what happens I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2009, 1:03 am

is there an adapter u can use?
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2009, 10:08 am

Mad Hatter wrote:
is there an adapter u can use?

Nope. IM SOL cuz the 4 pin connector I have back there is for audio so video wont work even if I can tap into it. I am working on a trade with a buddy of mine right now. He has an '07 300C with the REC Nav and I think he has the 3 pin camera connector in back of his cuz most '07 REC's do. His car is in the shop right now but he said once its out, I can check his radio and if its the one I need, we can do a straight swap. Hopefully he has the right one and ill be back in business Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pukkasrt8
CAMM Rookie
pukkasrt8

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2009, 4:58 pm

i have my front camera mounted in the vent in my srt spoiler - i get motion sickness when i put it on!! its great for dodging parking blocks though Smile
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2009, 1:25 pm

Ok I got the front and rear cameras all wired up and ready to go! I just gotta wait for my buddy to let me trade radios with him since his has the camera port in the back that I need. I should be doing that after my hockey game today! cheers
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 4:06 pm

They work!!!!!! I just got done hooking up the front and rear cameras and everything works as it should!!!!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 4:16 pm

congrats on the install now show some pics!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 4:25 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
congrats on the install now show some pics!!!
X2..............
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 4:31 pm

Here is a pic I took when driving home from hockey yesterday, its from my rear camera....
New mod on order! Myrearcamera

I just finished getting my front camera to work today and I dont have a pic of it yet but ill take one and post it soon.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 4:37 pm

looks really good!!!this would come in handy for me since I have the same REC radio...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 4:41 pm

HemiMag24s wrote:
looks really good!!!this would come in handy for me since I have the same REC radio...

Thanks!!! There are 2 types of REC navs. DO you have the "Time" button next to the "Nav" button? If you do, then you have the camera input on the back. If yours says "Mute" then you wont be able to hook up a camera. My original radio had the "Mute" button and I had to switch with my buddy cuz his had the connector.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 4:45 pm

Congrats Joe that looks great!
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 4:45 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
HemiMag24s wrote:

Thanks!!! There are 2 types of REC navs. DO you have the "Time" button next to the "Nav" button? If you do, then you have the camera input on the back. If yours says "Mute" then you wont be able to hook up a camera. My original radio had the "Mute" button and I had to switch with my buddy cuz his had the connector.

ok gotcha thanks for the info....I have the Mute button.Sucks!!!I';; be on the look out for the right one though
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2009, 6:05 pm

Glad to hear that everything worked out and you're up and running both front and back..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New mod on order! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mod on order!   New mod on order! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New mod on order!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next