Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ball Joints

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
V Needs Speed
CAMM Member

Ball Joints Empty
PostSubject: Ball Joints   Ball Joints I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2010, 10:38 pm

So I have had my Charger now two weeks, and when I first drove it home I was really amazing at how it could soak up the shock from train tracks and man hole covers in the road. A few days ago I was driving home and made a turn. It was kind of slick out and the rear end kicked out from me and I counter steered. I hate drifting, so I wasn't attempting to be a modern day Charger hahahah. Anyways, while the car was sliding, the wheel shook pretty bad, the car started to decelrate pretty fast, and with the wheel shaking, the entire car shook pretty bad.

Anywho, since then I have noticed when I take train tracks, or drive on the excellent paved roads in Chicago Rolling Eyes the car doesn't soak up the shock like it used to. And not only that, I hear a clunk as the tire rolls over the tracks or whatever. I am going to put my car in the air tomorrow to see if anything is loose, but what do you guys think? Is this normal or is it me?
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

Ball Joints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints   Ball Joints I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2010, 7:11 am

is it both sides? just the front end? how many miles? i can't see a ball joint going out because of that. did you hit anything?

check to see if there is any play in the front end when you get it up in the air.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Ball Joints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints   Ball Joints I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2010, 7:54 am

I think these cars are notorious for tie rod issues. Mine showed up as a clunk pulling onto and off of the curb of my driveway. No big deal to have replaced (or, I guess, to DIY).
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Ball Joints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints   Ball Joints I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2010, 8:34 am

Tie rods, absoultely. From what I understand, it's inevitable on every Charger. Shitty brakes, too.
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

Ball Joints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints   Ball Joints I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2010, 8:40 am

HiPwr wrote:
Tie rods, absoultely. From what I understand, it's inevitable on every Charger. Shitty brakes, too.

Amen. I think a set of R1 Concepts are in my near future.

Thread hijack completed. We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...
Back to top Go down
V Needs Speed
CAMM Member

Ball Joints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints   Ball Joints I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2010, 9:42 am

Thanks guys! Ill be sure to take a look at my tie rods when I get it in the air today. I just couldn't imagine them much play in them, already. What are these R1 Concepts you mentioned? Aftermarket tie rods?
Back to top Go down
V Needs Speed
CAMM Member

Ball Joints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints   Ball Joints I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2010, 6:21 pm

Yeah, HiPwr was right. My outer tie rod ends have huge amounts of play in them. Gosh, now I just need my warranty in the mail!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ball Joints Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ball Joints   Ball Joints I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ball Joints
Page 1 of 1