Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DMAN's Dyno videos!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

DMAN's Dyno videos! Empty
PostSubject: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 4:50 pm

not the best videos but atleast I got to meet Dan and share the experience!!

Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 5:26 pm

That first pull looked like the truck was gonna bust loose
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 6:04 pm

Did they figure out what was causing the acceleration dips?
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 6:05 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
That first pull looked like the truck was gonna bust loose

thats what a torque monster does lol.....The first video was done from 1st gear!!!

Last edited by HemiMag24s on January 18th 2010, 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 6:08 pm

Thanks for posting the video Ivan. Now I need a tune revision. It was running a bit rich.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 6:09 pm

Dman70 wrote:
Thanks for posting the video Ivan. Now I need a tune revision. It was running a bit rich.

No prob Dan,it sure sounded like a beast!!!It was a bit rich and hopefully you can take care of whats causing the dips.

BTW hitting 140mph in 3rd gear was insane!!!

Last edited by HemiMag24s on January 18th 2010, 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 6:17 pm

I dont think he hit that. He should have made the runs in third gear, possibly fourth. I will contact Stu at Inertia tomorrow to see what he thinks.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 6:32 pm

I have always heard of doing dyno pulls in at least 3rd gear!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 7:14 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
I have always heard of doing dyno pulls in at least 3rd gear!!

Yeah, hmmmmm. Always just lope it on up to 3rd gear and make a blast. It didn't look to me like that guy had a clue. WTF? Did he let the motor cool to the same temp before each pull? No offense, but I'd be pissed.
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 7:32 pm

No cooling, no fan in front of the engine. I may call and complain after hearing things on the Cherokee board.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 7:41 pm

I didnt want to be the first to say something Dan, didnt want to offend you in case he was a friend. But I dont think the guy had a clue to what he was doing. I'm not a dyno expert but I have seen my fair share of pulls on my car as well as others, and I dont ever recall seeing a dyno pull in 1st gear, or not using fans to kool the car.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2010, 7:43 pm

Get your money back and go to Mr. Norms, Dan. They know MOPARS. This guy is really bad. Sorry, but he didn't even have it lashed down. Your Jeep could have snapped a tether if he didn't let off when he did. Then he tried to make a pull by punching it in 1st gear. You have to run it up into third gear and all of the onboard systems have to calibrate first before you kick it up.(that's what all of those dips and power loss was from) This guy doesn't have any idea of how to Dyno tune a Mopar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DMAN's Dyno videos!   DMAN's Dyno videos! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DMAN's Dyno videos!
Page 1 of 1