Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got Dyno?

Go down 
+9
Bob_Kurgan
HemiMag
eviltrycycle
Geteurdone
Headtripp
Admin
Dman70
irishrt5.7
Illinois Chaos
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:00 pm

Ran over to Byron today and had Illinois Chaos Dyno Tuned @ Kurgan Motorsports. Bob's a great guy with alot of knowledge. He will answer all of your questions in a friendly and understandable way. I gave him a CAMM card and told him that depending on the tune I got, he might get alot more appt's. from the CAMM Boyz/Girlz. It all went great and in 4 pulls he got me some impressive gains. Here's some pics...

Got Dyno? IMGP1963
Got Dyno? IMGP1961
Got Dyno? IMGP1964
Got Dyno? IMGP1962
Got Dyno? IMGP1969
Got Dyno? IMGP1976
Got Dyno? IMGP1977
Got Dyno? IMGP1971
Got Dyno? IMGP1972
Got Dyno? IMGP1982
Got Dyno? IMGP1978
Got Dyno? IMGP1968
Got Dyno? IMGP1965

@ pull 4 I had gains of 16.82 RWHP and an impressive gain of 35 fp/tq Bob says that he is more than willing to work with us and would consider a group rate. thumbsup My car is running Mucho Primo now. Bob knows how to tune and he gets it right Rock On
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:06 pm

awesome... i need to get this done for sure...
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:08 pm

What was the cost? What mods do you have? Were you running the canned tune or cmr?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:14 pm

Got Dyno? IMGP1970 Had some Nitro added to my skinz and pressures are much more stable.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:15 pm

We'll see how he does with something a little more difficult than a stock motor.. Wink

Looks like you had a blast.... Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:21 pm

Dman70 wrote:
What was the cost? What mods do you have? Were you running the canned tune or cmr?

Cost $375.00 and I was there 2 hrs. He let me watch and I saw everything. Mods are just Airaid CAI/w/ra-box/180 t-stat and Predator MagnaFlow Perf. Exhaust. I was running the 93 oct. CAI canned tune. Bob said the stock tune was really lean and the canned tune kinda sucked.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:27 pm

elcobra44 wrote:
We'll see how he does with something a little more difficult than a stock motor.. Wink

Looks like you had a blast.... Congrats!

Hey Matt, Thanks, Yeah I had a blast alright. After I heard Chaos @ Wot I had WOOD Smoking
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:36 pm

[quote="elcobra44"]We'll see how he does with something a little more difficult than a stock motor.. Wink[/quote

Oh yeah, Matt, Bob said that he has been doing several Mopars lately including a few blown Mopar's!!! He just won a Super Bowl with his car after wrecking @ 170mph. 2 yrs. ago when his opponent came across his lane and hit him broadside. And Matt, thx alot for all of your help the other day. It was the mids throwing that code.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:45 pm

Nice follow up from Bob when I got home + a phone call to make sure everything was right. A nice touch from a great guy.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 10:53 pm

Great news but unfortunatley We can never go to him if he coutinues to use that FORD fender cover wtf haha
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 7:18 am

So, the $375 included the dyno and the CMR tune? That is great if this is true. I have a jeep srt 8 so I am not sure how he would be able to dyno me.
Back to top Go down
Geteurdone
CAMM Member
Geteurdone

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 7:34 am

Headtripp wrote:
Great news but unfortunatley We can never go to him if he coutinues to use that FORD fender cover wtf haha
affraid affraid so true so true
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 8:06 am

Dman70 wrote:
So, the $375 included the dyno and the CMR tune? That is great if this is true. I have a jeep srt 8 so I am not sure how he would be able to dyno me.

How? I'm not sure I get this one. Jeep + Predator Tuner + Appt. for Dyno Tune = yeah baby
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 8:17 am

Do they have a four wheel dyno?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 8:19 am

Headtripp wrote:

If we end up using him we can buy him a set of Mopar fender covers. Smile

Congrats on the numbers.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 8:28 am

a group dyno day would be a good idea!!!
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:02 am

Great to meet you yesterday Tom! Your car was one of a kind with some cool personal touches. Since im not a sponsor, i wont spam or go into detail, but Tom's car was running the Diablosport canned tuned. The tune didnt "suck" but with his added mods, was running a little lean from the LTFT and STFT feedback. I added some fuel and made a blast for a baseline. After that, i proceeded to play with some fuel and timing until we were maxed out. I allowed ample time for cooldown, but not so much that it would skew numbers. All runs were made with 180-185degree coolant temp to stay consistent. You guys seem like a great bunch and ill try and hang out here to answer some questions.

thanks bob
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:06 am

Thanks bob... looks like you might be having some more cars head down that way to see what kinda numbers you can give us... per one of the previous posts though depending on what you can do for us we might have to pitch in and get you a Mopar fender cover... lol
Back to top Go down
Dman70
CAMM Pro
Dman70

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:09 am

How would you dyno the Jeep srt 8? Would you have to disconnect the transfer case and go 2WD? What if I already have a CMR tune? Are you able to tweak that on the dyno or do I have to have you work from the stock tune? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:10 am

Damn, those ARE some great numbers!!! Congrats on the ponies!!!
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:27 am

if someone can PM a mod and make sure its OK for me to answer these questions, Ill do my best.. Until then, i dont think its fair for me to solicit business. I know that I am offended on the sites that I advertise on when someone who doesnt pay comes in and snatches business opportunities..
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:39 am

Hey Bob! Thanks for stopping in! Please, go right ahead and answer any questions! We're glad to have you here! Smile
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:41 am

Thanks Chris that is one thing i love about CAMM or should i say HOME.... there is no negativity like you see on a lot of the other forums...
Back to top Go down
Bob_Kurgan
CAMM Member
Bob_Kurgan

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 9:47 am

ive got a few cars to tune this morning, but ill try and log on later to answer some questions.

thanks for the warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2009, 10:25 am

What do you think is possible for a 3.5?? Just curious...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got Dyno? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got Dyno?   Got Dyno? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got Dyno?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: