Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little project I'm working on......

Go down 
+15
AlterEgo
chargerchick
HiPwr
HemiMag
AR-15QUEEN
irishrt5.7
Iguanaman
Headtripp
Shawn1112
Illinois Chaos
eviltrycycle
liljoejoe54
ghost
jesse031081
Moparcharger07
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

A little project I'm working on...... Empty
PostSubject: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 7:50 pm

Planning on something really big for the upcoming season..........
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1814
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1812

Seeing on how the intake ports looked, a catch can is WELL WORTH IT!! SO, glad I got it now. Not even close to being done, I'll keep this updated as I go along....

It's a good thing I went ahead and tore it apart, reason I say that, is I found MANY bolts finger tight, bolts that have NEVER been messed with since I've owned it.

Last edited by Moparcharger06 on January 12th 2010, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 7:54 pm

im sure whatever your up to it'll be awsome! you have always had great ideas and im looking forward to this one
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:01 pm

i gotta know what u r doing!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:07 pm

I dont know what it is but i bet its gonna kick ass. I cant wait to see.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:16 pm

Adam you can't keep anything to yourself until spring can ya? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:17 pm

Is it going to be something that will improve performance? Like Erics Park Lockout Mechanism? (pink thingy)
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:22 pm

All 5 of them....
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:41 pm

Whats the deal bro, what are you up too?
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:50 pm

I know what it is muahhh ... Don't tell anyone Adam it will be so much sweeter that way . Good luck let me know if ya need anything
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 8:51 pm

Headtripp wrote:
I know what it is muahhh ... Don't tell anyone Adam it will be so much sweeter that way . Good luck let me know if ya need anything
Stay out of it, nobody asked for you to chime in! So what is it Adam
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:18 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Headtripp wrote:
Stay out of it, nobody asked for you to chime in! So what is it Adam
Hey wait a minute don't you still have some secret mods also hmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:26 pm

Moparcharger06 wrote:
Planning on something really big for the upcoming season..........
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1814
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1812

Seeing on how the intake ports looked, a catch can is WELL WORTH IT!! SO, glad I got it now. Not even close to being done, I'll keep this updated as I go along....

It's a good thing I went ahead and tore it apart, reason I say that, is I found MANY bolts finger tight, bolts that have NEVER been messed with since I've owned it.

HOLY CHEET, MAYN! I hope my catch can gets here soon. At 30k miles, the dealer had to clean my throttle body and said it was really bad.
So when I get it my catch can installed, how can I go about making sure everything inside is cleaned out without doing a tear down like you have? Or is that the only option?
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 9:42 pm

i know also i know also... im not telling...lol
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 10:17 pm

Actually yes, a couple performance mods, and a whole lotta other stuff too....

Iguanaman, I don't really know how else to clean it all out real good without a tear down, at least to clean it REAL good. I'm sure there are cleaners and solvents/additives that might help a LITTLE, but not as much tearing it down..
Back to top Go down
AR-15QUEEN
CAMM All-Star
AR-15QUEEN

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2010, 10:33 pm

Headtripp wrote:

Hell I even know what he's doing! He told me back in Nov! LOL!!! I'm not telling!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 8:18 am

A little update.....

The belt tensioner is all done, the lower intake is 99% done, and the throttle body is all done (inside & out)....

Still got the valve covers to finish, the front timing cover and the rear timing cover section, and the alternator (maybe), with a few other little things here & there to button up as well....
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 8:38 am

pictures i assume are coming
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 8:58 am

Yeah, I got a couple pics of the tensioner, but didn't snap any of the other things, I will when I get home from work though.....

Here's the tensioner....
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1760
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1758
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1757
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1764
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1763
The cigarette ashes are my custom bench mod LOL
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 9:09 am

Lol Bro that has turned out great....
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 9:30 am

wow that looks really good!Wish I had the tools to do something similar.Atleast to my valve covers lol...
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 9:33 am

WELL... I MAY try to start a little something up outta my garage, so I'll keep ya'll posted on that subject. Cause it is a VERY dirty, and messy job. Black dust and metal shavings EVERYWHERE, but it's fun to do in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 9:35 am

Moparcharger06 wrote:
WELL... I MAY try to start a little something up outta my garage, so I'll keep ya'll posted on that subject. Cause it is a VERY dirty, and messy job. Black dust and metal shavings EVERYWHERE, but it's fun to do in my opinion.

now this idea I'm starting to like.I can always help out as well.I have quite a lot of free time too lol....
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 9:44 am

If it doesnt make you dirty then its not a mod, lol. I can't wait to see what you are coming up with.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 6:17 pm

Here's the lower intake. I still have to paint the outside
BEFORE
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1820
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1819
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1815

AFTER
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1845
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1844
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1836
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1840
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1841
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1838

Last edited by Moparcharger06 on January 20th 2010, 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2010, 6:22 pm

Here's the throttle body

BEFORE
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1712
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1713
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1714

AFTER
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1723
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1726
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1722
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1718
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1721
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1716
A little project I'm working on...... 000_1728
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little project I'm working on......   A little project I'm working on...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little project I'm working on......
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: