Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+10
Mad Hatter
HemiMag
TheBlackWidow
Moparcharger07
Hoodie
Shawn1112
xegitalian19xx
chargerchick
jontoad
liljoejoe54
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 5:05 am

TheBlackWidow wrote:
When used under the hood, has anyone had it under there long enough to know how well it holds up to the heat?

It says its rated to 500* so hopefully it holds up as well as engine paint.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 6:36 am

TheBlackWidow wrote:
When used under the hood, has anyone had it under there long enough to know how well it holds up to the heat?

I've seen it used on valve covers and it held up well.
Back to top Go down
HemiMag
CAMM All-Star
HemiMag

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 8:43 am

This paint does come out looking really good.Ihave laid some on plastic.With different lighting it get it'll make a different shade of color
Back to top Go down
Mad Hatter
CAMM Member
Mad Hatter

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 1:29 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:

The color gets darker for every coat you add. If you like, I will buy a can of the purple and test it out for ya. Im going back to the store to buy a few more cans tomorrow so I will pick up a purple as well. I just gotta find something to paint, lol.

Uh-ummmmm! Suspect Did someone say they need something to paint Rolling Eyes PURPLE! :?:
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 8:22 pm

I went to the store today to get a few more colors but they only had red which I already have so no purple yet Sad

I did take my catch can off and paint it red with metalcast paint and I think it came out pretty good. Ill post picks up once it dries.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 8:31 pm

som dude i am thinking about the intake. primer, metalcast ground coat, then bright silver metalic....? you got mad slills joe! that stuff looks great!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 8:46 pm

ghost wrote:
som dude i am thinking about the intake. primer, metalcast ground coat, then bright silver metalic....? you got mad slills joe! that stuff looks great!

Thanks Dave! I can give it a shot with that but we gotta be careful because the ground coat is an enamel paint and if you use a different type of paint with it, it can run or bubble. It happened to me when I first painted my half covers, I had to redo them because I used a lacquer primer and an enamel paint.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 8:49 pm

Ok here is a better picture of my waterneck. I used my my broken digital camera but at least you can see the red a lot better and the color is way closer to the true color in these pics....

DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1463

Here is my catch can.....
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1464
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1466
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1468
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1472
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 11:39 pm

I've only seen 2 purples and neither one was close to Plum Crazy. Sad
Back to top Go down
TheBlackWidow
CAMM Member
TheBlackWidow

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 12:28 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Ok here is a better picture of my waterneck. I used my my broken digital camera but at least you can see the red a lot better and the color is way closer to the true color in these pics....

DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1463

Here is my catch can.....
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1464
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1466
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1468
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1472

Looks awesome. I may have to do this with this paint instead of the high heat paint. It looks so much better.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkKnight
CAMM Pro
TheDarkKnight

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 5:13 am

That came out great nice work!!! I have been seeing this paint in the stores for awhile now I just don't have anything to use it for myself since everything I do is done black! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 10:04 pm

That catch can looks great.. And the engraving apparently showed up well.. Kudos to you Joe..
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 10:10 pm

Thanks again everyone!!!! I had some time today so I installed my waterneck....

Before....
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1473

After...
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1477
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1478
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 10:24 pm

OHHHHHHHH Pretty!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fireman512
CAMM Rookie
Fireman512

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2009, 11:27 pm

Very nice. I think I have some shopping to do tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2009, 3:07 pm

Bad news, when I got home today from driving to the burbs, I popped my hood to check out the waterneck and make sure the paint held up but the red had a slight arange tint to it. I hope it was the lighting but it may be that the heat is messing up the paint even though its a heat paint rated to 500* just like engine and caliper paint. Ill keep an eye on it and see it it changes any more.
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2009, 4:56 pm

Hopefully it was just the lighting because that paint looks badass..
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 12:24 pm

Hey guys and gals FYI, I am a Manager at Advance Auto Parts. We carry this paint. I will check to see if there have been any additional purple made available or if not I will contact our vendor directly to see if I can order it in. Those interested in me ordering this for you let me know.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2009, 8:08 pm

Well, if the new purple matches the Plum Crazy paint....I would be interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 12:38 pm

Here is a pic of some of the colors...

I took an old shifter bezel that I messed up and sprayed the ground coat on it and then sprayed purple, orange, blue, and blue with red on top (trying to make a darker purple)....
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 IMG_1536copy

Like Chargerchick said, the purple isnt as close to Plum Crazy as I thought, but I only did 2 coats of paint. Im sure if I went with a few more, the paint would of gotten darker. Ill do ao couple more coats later and post another pic. The blue looks nice and so does the orange. On the bottom right of the pic, I put blue paint and then put red on top of it hoping that it would make a darker purple but it almost looks black.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2009, 7:20 pm

Thanks for trying Joe! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: