Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+10
Mad Hatter
HemiMag
TheBlackWidow
Moparcharger07
Hoodie
Shawn1112
xegitalian19xx
chargerchick
jontoad
liljoejoe54
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 8:40 pm

This paint is seriously my new favorite!!!! I just redid the "red" BT waterneck that was really faded. I went out and bought some Duplicolor Metalcast ground coat (highly reflective paint) and their red metalcast paint. I am 100% satisfied with this stuff. It goes on really smooth and dries fast and not to mention, it really looks like the waterneck was anodized in red all over again! I got a few pics with my camera phone but for some reason on that camera, all reds look orangish. So the waterneck actually looks like it used to look with the faded red.

Here is the cans I used and what the waterneck looked like before I painted it....
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! 2009-06-30194425

Here is the waterneck with the Metalcast ground coat....
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! 2009-06-30195238

And here is the finished product.....
DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! 2009-06-30201902

The pics really dont do it any justice. Its a really deep red.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 8:46 pm

so is it for metal only joe? fuse box and coolant tank in that stuff would be killer...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 8:49 pm

jontoad wrote:
so is it for metal only joe? fuse box and coolant tank in that stuff would be killer...

I was thinking the same thing! It doesnt say anywhere on there that its only for metal. Im gonna give it a shot on something plastic real soon. After I get my TB ported, Im gonna redo the black and red in the metalcast paint.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 8:52 pm

didn't even think of the TB in metalcast... joe i think your gonna have to paint my ElCobra motorsports TB with that red metalcast. lol.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 8:56 pm

Elcobra motorsports????? Huh? When did THAT happen??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 8:57 pm

made it up. lol. but he ported it. it was a little extra work to get it to 87mm.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 8:59 pm

jontoad wrote:
didn't even think of the TB in metalcast... joe i think your gonna have to paint my ElCobra motorsports TB with that red metalcast. lol.

Yeah I can paint it for ya. Im gonna have him port mine soon. I got a full week on this check so I might be able to swing it this week.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:01 pm

I found this on the Duplicolor site....

To achieve the anodized metal look on non-metal or painted surfaces, first prime with METALCAST™️ Ground Coat, then follow up with a METALCAST™️ Color.

Looks like it CAN be used on plastic.
Back to top Go down
xegitalian19xx
Founding Member
Founding Member
xegitalian19xx

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:14 pm

That looks badass bro!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:14 pm

yes.... i have ideas... guage bezel rings...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:26 pm

You the man Joe!!
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:27 pm

That looks good.. You can definitely see the difference between the faded and the metalcast.. Gauge rings and radio bezels would look good in that..
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:31 pm

I've used that stuff, it ROCKS!!!!
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:38 pm

Thanks guys! I might have to redo my whole interior with this stuff!
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:39 pm

And just when I thought I was all done modding.... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:44 pm

chargerchick wrote:
And just when I thought I was all done modding.... *sigh*

You know, they have purple as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:46 pm

Yeah but it's not the right color. But that was 2 years ago when I looked. Maybe they have some better purples out now. Smile
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:52 pm

chargerchick wrote:
Yeah but it's not the right color. But that was 2 years ago when I looked. Maybe they have some better purples out now. Smile

The color gets darker for every coat you add. If you like, I will buy a can of the purple and test it out for ya. Im going back to the store to buy a few more cans tomorrow so I will pick up a purple as well. I just gotta find something to paint, lol.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 9:54 pm

I was gonna sell my black catch can to buy a red one but now im just gonna use this stuff of it and make it red. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hoodie
CAMM Pro
Hoodie

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 10:05 pm

That's a good idea.. Not sure if the engraving will show through that well though..
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 10:05 pm

You can paint the bezels around the gauges! And the inserts on the steering wheel. Wink
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 10:06 pm

Hoodie wrote:
That's a good idea.. Not sure if the engraving will show through that well though..

Yeah that doesnt really matter to me much cuz its all black anyways, even the engraving.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 10:08 pm

chargerchick wrote:
You can paint the bezels around the gauges! And the inserts on the steering wheel. Wink

Lol I gotta get another set first. I can paint a piece of plastic of metal and post up pics or show Matt the next time I see him to see if its close to Plum Crazy. If you send me what you want painted, ill be happy to paint it for you.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 10:13 pm

That's the problem...I'm so afraid to take em off cause I know I would break them! Shocked
Back to top Go down
TheBlackWidow
CAMM Member
TheBlackWidow

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2009, 10:40 pm

When used under the hood, has anyone had it under there long enough to know how well it holds up to the heat?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!   DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUPLICOLOR METALCAST!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: