Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

predator questions

Go down 
+14
firestartr420
Iguanaman
soundsaved
HiPwr
eviltrycycle
DCSpecial
ChiTownHemi
jesse031081
ghost
Shawn1112
jontoad
Dartboy
Mad Hatter
crazy933
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

predator questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2009, 10:19 pm

i haver the pc interface and did not know i could back up the stock tune, cool
Back to top Go down
DCSpecial
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 6:44 am

Yep, open up DS Downloader, plug the predator into the computer/laptop (you need a power adapter if you want to take the Predator in the house to do this....otherwise just use a laptop while it's powered up from the vehicle), Select Get Tune File from Tool and you can save a back-up copy.

Same way you'd load a CMR tune to the predator...except that would be Send Tune File to Tool.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 8:15 am

the stock tune has been backed up. thanks
Back to top Go down
DCSpecial
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 9:28 am

You can also data log with the predator to see how the tune runs in your car.....and either hook it up to a laptop to record directly to the laptop or save it on the predator (9-10mins worth of data can be saved on the pred itself) and then download to your computer.

You can view knock retard, see if the VE tables need to be tweaked, etc..
Or you can use the data log to get a CMR tune made for your vehicle.

You need the Data Viewer software to view it on your laptop/computer, which you can also download for free on Diablo's site.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 9:31 am

the problem with that is I wouldn't know what I'm looking a but i will give it a try
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 5:28 pm

Good info in this thead. Answered some of my questions I had before I got one. Need to order one soon I guess.
Back to top Go down
DCSpecial
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 7:58 pm

Mainly in the data log you'll be looking at ST KR, LT KR, Actual Spark Cyl1, 1/1 LT ADAP, Desired AFR, etc..

With the 93 CAI tune I was getting a lot of KR.....7.5 ST KR and 5.0 LT KR, I only ran it to do a data log to get my CMR made.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 8:45 pm

dan, i would have no idea what the values of those even mean.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 8:52 pm

Thanks for the reminder about backing up my tune. Just downloaded the application from DiabloSport; now let's see if it works on a 64-bit system.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 9:08 pm

it should. i use a 64bit and dsdownloader worked to backup my stock tune and for the DCX calibration
Back to top Go down
DCSpecial
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2009, 9:10 pm

The easiest two to explain and probably what most people look at:
ST KR= Short Term Knock Retard
LT KR = Long Term Knock Retard.

You definitely want the LT to be 0.0, and the ST as low as possible.
When the knock sensors sense knock they pull timing out, resulting in less power. Of course there are other things that will pull timing out as well. The knock sensors are kind of like your safety net for the motor.
Back to top Go down
soundsaved
CAMM Member
soundsaved

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 4:17 pm

so when you install the 93 CAI perfomance tune, where do you go to adjust the fan settings, or even modify that tune, because i was playing around with it and could not find it. i could tweak the stock tune. lowered the fans and saw a difference in the temp gauge. but then i installed the 93 tune, and could not find it.
please help
Back to top Go down
Iguanaman
CAMM All-Star
Iguanaman

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 5:33 pm

eviltrycycle wrote:
Good info in this thead. Answered some of my questions I had before I got one. Need to order one soon I guess.

Me too...GB somewhere? Hmmmmmmmmm????????????
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 4:32 pm

ok guys.... I just got my Predator from Kurgan (Thanks Bob and Jake!!!) , and while im searching for a cable to update and back up my stuff, i was hoping maybe some of you might help me out here. So, to start, ive got the 3.5L V6 and i havent modded anything yet (stock intake, stock exhaust, stock everything), and Im wondering what if any tune should i load on to the car. I was thinking of loading the 89 CAI tune, just to see how it does, but should I maybe just be loading a modified stock tune? When it comes down to it, should i be changing all the things listed above (Fan speeds, Speedo-Limit, shift firmness) to the same values, or will my values and things be different cuz i've got the V6? Bascially, I guess I'm looking for you guys to advise me like "Change this to this, and that to this", so i don't screw anything up, yet get as much out of it as i can right now. Thank You in advance, since i know you guys are totally the ones to come to for these questions!!!
Back to top Go down
inkedup
CAMM All-Star
inkedup

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 7:02 pm

mines set to whatever 93 cai tune is i was told not to touch it by diablosport.....but i am interest in the shift peramiter can someone chime in....please....and i set my top speed limiter to 190 just to show off.....lol
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2010, 7:35 pm

firm up the shift points for sure! I dont think going with an 89 cai is good cause its probably looking for more air than the stock air box
Back to top Go down
Hurst Pak
CAMM Pro
Hurst Pak

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2011, 8:50 pm

WOW !! Tons of info here

I just ordered mine today with the Interface, Should have it next week.

Cant wait to start playing around with it.
Back to top Go down
5.7daytona
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2011, 10:37 pm

really good info here. i was wondering for people who use ACES IV, what tune do you guys use that seems to have the best reaction with your car. i have a daytona and am looking at getting a Predator soon. i was also wondering do you need to get a 180 thermo for the car or can you use the stock themo, cause i have read that keeping the stock thermo in is better. but any info and insight you guys can give me would be awsome.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 9:58 am

I have had my fan settings like this from day one

Cooling Fans AC off

All HS or MS 193

All LS 185

Cooling Fans AC on

HS/MS 193

LS 185

These settings will never allow the temp. to exceed 200 which will prevent the pcm from pulling a degree of timing. It will reach as high as 198 or so but never hit 200. This works and is why I set it there.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2011, 6:13 pm

5.7daytona wrote:
really good info here. i was wondering for people who use ACES IV, what tune do you guys use that seems to have the best reaction with your car. i have a daytona and am looking at getting a Predator soon. i was also wondering do you need to get a 180 thermo for the car or can you use the stock themo, cause i have read that keeping the stock thermo in is better. but any info and insight you guys can give me would be awsome.

I use Aces IV but had my car tuned at Mr. Norms. It was running WAY too rich with either the 93CAI or the Stock tune from the factory. Tim took care of that. If you can spare a few extra bills, I'd highly recommend getting professionally tuned. I asked Tim about the 180 T-Stat and he said to stick with it. Just make sure the fan settings are set appropriately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: predator questions   predator questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

predator questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2