Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just got my predator

Go down 
+2
Illinois Chaos
RomeoWright
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

Just got my predator Empty
PostSubject: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 2:05 pm

So i just got my predator 2nd hand and its asking for an update i dont have the cable to update it but i bought a 9pin serial to usb cable will this work has anyone used a NON predator cable? or did i just waste 40 dollars ???
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 2:19 pm

If the ends fit, use it. It's just a usb cable.
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 2:22 pm

thats what i thought too tom problem is the computer isnt recognizing that nething is connectted to the cable...i installed the drivers for the cable but the predator doesnt turn on or nething...am i missing a step?
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 2:28 pm

ahh i think my problem is i dont have the power cable looks like i'm going back to radio shack to get one
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 3:49 pm

got it all figured out now

can u run the 93cai with half a tank of 91 if i top off with 93 or should i just wait to put the 93cai tune on there till i'm running straight 93octane?
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 5:35 pm

you could use the power cord from a comcast type cable box... thats what I did when i needed it... as for the gas and tune question... people say run the 93 non CAI if you are running with 91 and a CAI... someone will chime in with the correct tune to use...
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 6:34 pm

Id wait till you can get 93 in there. It might run like shit with less octane.
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 1:13 am

Not gonna lie i love this tune now....kinda makes me wanna go back to the track and get a lil revenge on the Inferno that show'd me up last weekend
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 11:19 am

What all have you done to your ride and what track do you go to?

When I was running those cann tunes from Diablo, I was running the 91 tune. There should be less knocking with that one. Get a hold of a tuner and dial your car in. If you like your tune now, you will love your custom one……
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 11:24 am

Mostly exterior mods all i have is a cai n now the predator im runnin the 93 cai tune. I goto greatlakes dragaway out in union grove wi

With just the cai i was runnin newhere from 14.3-15.1

I really wanna see the diff now i might go nxt fri
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 11:54 am

Yeah, I’m working on some exterior mods myself and the Jeeps been down for about 9 weeks now. Little issue with my parts I sent out to Cali Sad

If you want more performance go with a CMR tune. Only thing is you will have to data log. You can do it with your predator and a lap top. It’s really not that bad but if you had a trinity you can data log with that (no lap top needed). That’s if you’re going to be doing an email tune. You can also get it tuned on a dyno.

Now, as far as your 93 tune, I would change it. The 93 tune does run more timing and will be showing more KR.... therefore feeling slower b/c your timing is being retarded. If you have a laptop, use Diablo's Dataviewer program and Datalog your ride. You might be surprised to see the difference in the two tunes. In case if you were wounding, you can run the 91 tune and use 93oct gas with no issues.

As for the track, that where I go. I only ran the jeep once b4 it got some work done to it. Would be nice to see were I’m at now.
Back to top Go down
RomeoWright
CAMM Member
RomeoWright

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 11:58 am

Thanks man yea this is my first time ever using a tuner im still trying to get a grasp on the ins n outs ofit.... if u go out there sent me a msg i live abt 20 min away id come out n run with ya
Back to top Go down
osoish08
CAMM Member
osoish08

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 12:26 pm

Will do but don’t think it will be anytime soon though lol. Yeah man just play around with it and get used to the predator.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 5:44 pm

That's what most people do. Run the 91 tune and fill up with 93 oct.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 6:31 pm

I use the 91 tune with 93 gas as well
bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my predator   Just got my predator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got my predator
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Tuning-
Jump to: