Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got my 11 seciond slip, but....

Go down 
+2
jamesv82
funkpolice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... Empty
PostSubject: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2016, 11:05 pm

I went to GLD tonight. There were 4 hellcat Challengers and a scat pack with a Kenne Bell. One of the hellcats went 9.55 @ 144 mph. I finally got my N2O kit to fire. The car took off like a rocket and kind of scared me, so I lifted a bit after the 60'. I got back on it and it was running strong until about 100' from them stripe when I heard a loud clanking/backfire type noise and obviously lifted to coast across the line. The car bogged and died turning on the return lane and took a few tries to get started and back to the pits. I think I blew out/ melted a catalytic converter, Tim was there and he agrees. The car runs really rough and loud now, and doesn't want to idle very well. I got a check engine light on the way home, P2097 and P0133. I won't know for sure untill I pull the midpipes after work tomorrow, but I really hope it's just the cats. Pass was 11.84 @105mph with a 1.55 60'. I'm really happy with the 60', it felt significantly faster than my normal 1.7x 60's.

bill
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2016, 11:12 pm

Congrats Bill on the time, like you mentioned hope the issue is just the cats.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2016, 3:07 pm

Holy fucking 60' time
Congrats and yes hopefully just the cats.
That purple hellcat set the record for non nitrous hellcat
Saw the video, fucking thing was flying
Think Tim tuned it and did other work
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2016, 3:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Tight Lines
CAMM Rookie
Tight Lines

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2016, 9:46 pm

There are four Hellcat Guys running in the 9's up there. It's really cool to see these guys getting these heavy cars to get down the track that fast.

I hope nothing major is wrong with the OP's car.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2016, 5:12 pm

Tight Lines wrote:
There are four Hellcat Guys running in the 9's up there. It's really cool to see these guys getting these heavy cars to get down the track that fast.

I hope nothing major is wrong with the OP's car.
Saw that vid as well. Pretty sick to see 4 Cats all running 9's
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2017, 5:05 pm

It's not the cats, at least not solely the cats.  I had three melted plugs and 90% leakage in cylinder 1.  I've been driving it this whole time.  It's a little rough, but getting me around.  I bought a cheap boroscope (availible in anyone needs to use it.)  and didn't see any obvious piston/cylinder damage.  Best I could tell all the leakage was coming out the tailpipe, so I'm speculating that I torched an exhaust valve.  I've talked with a few guys I trust and they say it's a pretty slim chance the damage is only to the heads, but it's a chance.  I'm pulling the heads next weekend to do a good inspection and find out what the deal is.  The set of ported heads and kooks with catless mids I have sitting in the garage makes the job a little less of pain.  wish me luck!  Also, if anyone has a good inch lb torque wrench or the push rod allignment tool they would lend me for a weekend I'd appreciate it.

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2017, 8:08 pm

Ekaz is probably the only person with those tools. I think I have inch lb torque but it's pretty shitty.
What kind of heads are you throwing on there?
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2017, 9:02 pm

a set of ported 6.1s. I got them for next to nothing for Erik @ BFNY. they were takeoffs that he had refreshed by Craig from Thitek. Ekaz was going to pull the heads for me, but then stopped replying to text. I don't know what's up with that, but I got tired of waiting.

bill
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2017, 3:55 am

Sorry to hear bout the issues bill but def good luck and hope everything works out
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2017, 8:47 am

Wow sorry to hear Bill but hopefully these new heads/headers/cats get the job done. Good luck with the install.

Side note I did see Erik now sells heads and looks like a fair price.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2017, 11:08 am

he does sell new ported heads, but I didn't get those. Those have a core charge, and I don't know if my heads would be usable cores or not. I almost bought a set of the Bear Thiteks, then Erik found these take offs and gave them to me for 1600, and I keep my cores. They have a really good port job, new valves, seals ,etc. it wasn't worth 2k price difference for the thiteks.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2017, 4:51 pm

here's what I found.

Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... IMG_0124_zpsapyks1gr

I got it all put back together, and it's running good. All cylinders are holding between 92% and 95% on a leakdown test. It sounds pretty tough with the headers and catless mids. I'm going to bring it by Tim to clean up the tune and I should be good to go. So far no error code without cats, but i've only driven it 60 miles or so. hasn't reached ready state yet either.

bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2017, 7:56 pm

good to hear you got it sorted out. are you running any anti foulers or "check engine light fixes" for the cats yet to prevent the light? or are you just running with out them and seeing what happens?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2017, 7:42 am

Glad you got it fixed.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2017, 5:45 pm

jontoad wrote:
good to hear you got it sorted out. are you running any anti foulers or "check engine light fixes" for the cats yet to prevent the light? or are you just running with out them and seeing what happens?

I have a couple different sets of anti foulers, steel wool, 90 fittings ready to go, but I haven't put anything on the car yet. It looks like I might not need them. I know the 02s are not disabled, but they haven't tripped yet.

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2017, 6:30 pm

My car passed emissions today! I did end up getting the p0420 and p0430 codes. I tired the antil foulers once and got the code within 5 miles. Johan was able to modify my tune to have the sensors still show ready, but not have any cel and that worked. I didn't feel like putting up with the steel wool anti fouler trial and error. I'm taking the car to Tim on the 17th to retune it.

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2017, 7:56 pm

funkpolice wrote:
My car passed emissions today!  I did end up getting the p0420 and p0430 codes.  I tired the antil foulers once and got the code within 5 miles.  Johan was able to modify my tune to have the sensors still show ready, but not have any cel and that worked.  I didn't feel like putting up with the steel wool anti fouler trial and error.  I'm taking the car to Tim on the 17th to retune it.

bill
I have been telling people for the last 3-4 years and even mentioned on here at least 5-6 times than Johan can get your car to pass. I want to say my buddy Jeremy passed with no mufflers or cats with an emissions tune from Johan
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2017, 7:59 pm

When I took the test in my Jeep, I had the Pro Charger, heads, cam,headers and exhaust. It was shaking the windows in that little booth they make you wait in. After it passed the tech looked at me and said, I have no fucking clue how this thing passed. I said computers are a wonderful thing, his response.....ya I guess so.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2017, 11:49 pm

My car rattled the waiting room windows too. The guy was laughing when he told me it passed. The whole testing facility smelled like raw fuel.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2017, 9:15 am

Lmfao
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2017, 8:55 pm

Johan saved me before!!!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2017, 3:00 pm

johans "emissions" tune didn't work for me. after a 3rd revision i just stopped bothering him and got the big daddies garage angled 02 fixes. those worked right away.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2017, 4:56 pm

he didn't write a new tune, just changed something with the o2 sensors in my tune. whatever he did took him less than 1 min. I emailed him my tune and he had it back to me immediatly.

bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got my 11 seciond slip, but....   Got my 11 seciond slip, but.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got my 11 seciond slip, but....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: At the Track-
Jump to: