Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeRegisterLog in

How to mount the front license plate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bl4d3runn3r
CAMM Member
bl4d3runn3r

How to mount the front license plate Empty
PostSubject: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2016, 11:29 am

Hi guys,

i own a 2016 Charger Scat Pack and i got my license plates now, i need to mount them on the car now. Still driving with the Temp license without front license plate. Anyone an idea how to mount the front license plate bracket without drilling holes in the front bumper or is there any other possibility to not mount the front license plate?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2016, 1:49 pm

Don't mount it and just take your chances. Most suburbs won't bother you and if they do it's only like a $25 fine. I usually take that bracket off and have the holes filled and repainted. Will be doing that on my 15 Charger soon. Looks so much better without that shitty looking front plate.

How to mount the front license plate 1236920_10151644188979537_407418136_n
Back to top Go down
bl4d3runn3r
CAMM Member
bl4d3runn3r

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2016, 1:54 pm

Could do that, but i´m going to the city regularly and i order the STO n SHO Bracket now, lets see if it works.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2016, 4:25 pm

Yeah the city will get your ass while parked. Is the Sho bracket the hide away with a remote? If so that should work

Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2016, 8:57 pm

I get two or three no front plate tickets in the city on average every year. It's still worth it for me to not have the plate. I've gone long stretches without any tickets, but I've also stacked them on back to back days. The only other place I've got hassled was Monee. fuck that place.
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2016, 5:11 am

I've never had an issue with no front plate. Been lucky, I'm sure, but I never take it to Chicago.
Back to top Go down
VAGABON
CAMM Member
VAGABON

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2016, 9:39 am

they make a hide away plate, both manual and an automatic
Back to top Go down
bl4d3runn3r
CAMM Member
bl4d3runn3r

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2016, 11:33 am

I ordered the Sto and Sho... if i go to Chicago, i mount the plate, otherwise i leave it off and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
ChiTownHemi
CAMM All-Star
ChiTownHemi

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2016, 5:59 pm

Just be extra careful when pulling up to parking stops or your Sto and Sho will be Sto and No-Sho.
Back to top Go down
bl4d3runn3r
CAMM Member
bl4d3runn3r

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2016, 2:37 pm

I try to park in reverse all the time...
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2016, 1:27 pm

Me too

Back to top Go down
bl4d3runn3r
CAMM Member
bl4d3runn3r

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2016, 5:04 pm

Hey Shawn, is that your car on the pic? Do you have the scat pack hood on a R/T?
How did you mount your license plate?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitimeApril 1st 2016, 9:46 am

bl4d3runn3r wrote:
Hey Shawn, is that your car on the pic? Do you have the scat pack hood on a R/T?
How did you mount your license plate?

Yes its my car, and yes I have the SP hood on my RT. Front plate was mounted by dealer before I bought the car. I actually just took it off earlier this week and filled the 4 little holes in with push pins. If they dont come out with a decent body kit for the 15's in the next year, then I will have the holes filled and fascia re-painted next year.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to mount the front license plate   How to mount the front license plate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to mount the front license plate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exterior-
Jump to: