Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zeigler Scamburg

Go down 
+2
nolajunkie
srtdoodzer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2015, 10:42 am

From the start I knew this was going to be trouble, but I loved the car so much I made a poor decision to buy from Zeigler. I went in looking for a 6speed Challenger and got pushed towards the 300s since they didn't have any Challengers. Erin took me for a test drive in a Super Bee Charger, 300, and a second 300 which was the one I ended up buying that night. During the test drive I noticed and pointed out several issues with the car. The front had a bad vibration during driving and while braking, the check engine light was on, the parking assist light was on indicating an issue, there was a squeak while shifting, the car had serious swirl marks and paint chips, the right side window covers were dented, the carbon fiber in the center console was cracked. Erin interrupted me several times to tell me repeatedly that they just received this car the day before and it had not gone through their initial inspection. He told me there was still a 153(?) point inspection still to come and if I bought the car not to worry because all of that would be fixed before delivery. I took his word on that since I know most dealers have inspections they run on used vehicles. Erin also told me the car would be sent out for a full detail which would clean it inside and out and remove the swirl marks. I also asked them to remove the rear dealer sticker from the previous dealer. I finally bought the car after speaking with Charlie in financing although I was close to walking out several times from strong arm sales tactics. He reassured me SRT owners were treated with white gloves and I'd be taken care of for the life of the car. Anything I needed they would take care of and they had a certified SRT tech on site with I think he said a hundred thousand in tools who would handle every issue for me personally. After hearing that I felt confident they would take good care of me and the car. The car wouldn't be ready for a few days ( the following Monday) since they needed to take care of all the issues so I kept my trade in for a few days while they fixed the 300. I never heard from them and had to call in daily for updates in which I was generally told "it's not ready yet" and "we're really busy." Apparently, this was a car sold by Zeigler but really it was a car owned by the neighboring Maserati dealer. They only had 1 technician at that dealer so it sat waiting for repair. A week later I picked up the car 6/20. I was excited, got in the car and gave them my trade in. I got less than 1/8mi down the street before the check engine light, parking sensor light, and vibration was noticed. When I got home I noticed it was also not detailed. I called when I got home, seeing as though I had already waited 9 days for the car and I live in Algonquin I wasn't in a hurry to drive it back and drop it back off. I was told all that was done was the rotors were cut and to bring it back in, the tech failed to grease the pads as well so now the brakes squeak terribly. I brought the car back in Tuesday and went back to pick it up Friday. Only to find the parking sensor was all that was done in 4 days. I called back and was told to bring it back in for a detail. They had the car 3 more days and all that was done was an interior/exterior wash, no wax/seal/buff detail. The porter who took off the rear sticker used a razor and scratched up the trunk. I spoke with Jim the sales manager who told me to come back in, I did 3 times after work before Erin was able to help. They ran it through their car wash twice and tried to buff out the scratch in the rear but couldn't. "Come back and talk to Jim. Sorry I know this sucks." I was told. I came in 3 days in a row and called daily and never got a response. I had to go to another dealer (Wickstrom in Barrington where I should have gone in the first place) and pay to have the front wheel bearing replaced, I still have the squeak, swirl marks, scratches, cracked console, and dents. I gave up trying to get a hold of anyone over there. Now I'm left with a car with these issues which I've been trying to resolve on my own. I've replaced the spring tensioner and belt, had exhaust work done as Jim thought it was the exhaust valve causing the squeak, and have been looking for a good detail shop to fix the paint issues. I've now dumped around $1000 into the car to have these things replaced and who knows how much paint repair and repainting the trunk will cost me.

At this point I'm not sure I want anything to do with them. I don't trust them enough to leave my car there anymore. The first 13days of ownership I had my car 3 days. That's ridiculous. I would steer clear of this place. I know others who have gone here and had similar issues recently.
Back to top Go down
nolajunkie
CAMM Member

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2015, 11:58 am

That sucks. Been there with you. Crystal lake Jeep screwed me around for weeks when I bought my Challenger. Would never go back. Only good dealer I've found is Wickstrom. I posted a huge write up on Crystal Lake to where my car went missing and came back with 17 extra miles on it that could not be explained for by the service manger and owner of the dealership after yelling at me that the car never left the building and that was just the start. Wish that there were more honest dealers around.
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2015, 12:00 pm

Ugh, it does suck. I also have a deep scrape on the front bumper like someone tried to park it over a cement parking stop and didn't realize it's lowered and my rear tire tread on my brand new tired was worn. Noticed both after Wickstrom but I'm not sure who did it....and I can't prove either. It's almost like you need to take pictures of the interior/exterior and mileage as you drop off the car.
Back to top Go down
nolajunkie
CAMM Member

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2015, 12:04 pm

I do after that happened to me. I take pictures of the mileage and around the car and make sure to let them see me doing it. It's sad to have to do it but better safe than sorry. I have not had any issues since going to Wickstrom and I hope it stays that way. I don't know where i'd go if they started to screw things up to.
Back to top Go down
Blackbird
CAMM Member
Blackbird

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2015, 1:41 pm

What a nightmare.

Before I bought my Charger I visited Zeigler in Downers Grove and was treated so poorly during the sales negotiations, that I knew right then and there that I would never buy from them. Seems like all Zeigler locations suck.
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2015, 2:10 pm

The car was so damn sexy I couldn't help myself. She needed a good home anyway so I'm glad I did it. They made my very first BBB claim ever. That's how pissed I am.
Back to top Go down
natedogg52
CAMM Rookie
natedogg52

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2015, 8:02 pm

The company I work for has over 60 Chevy service vans and we USED to take them to Ziegler Chevy even after a few problems we tried to give them the benefit of doubt and now we do not take even a warranty or recall issue there. So like Blackbird says "All Ziegler Locations".

I have not been happy with Napleton Dodge in Arlington Heights where I bought my car either. I learned long ago that if you want repairs done right you need to do them yourself. Unfortunately that's not always able to happen. You would like to hope that when you want to pay for something you would get quality and honesty in return.
Back to top Go down
srtdoodzer
CAMM Member
srtdoodzer

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2015, 8:05 pm

You would hope...
Back to top Go down
GSB06SRT
CAMM Pro
GSB06SRT

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2015, 2:35 am

They all are stealerships, just different levels of it. I got bent over at Napleton CJD in Lansing when I was resto my SRT. I have the airbag recall to deal with now and I just flat out don't wanna go cause I know they gonna F something up.
Back to top Go down
Jaymann1884
CAMM Member

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2016, 9:21 pm

I also bought mine from Schaumburg. Poor experience as well. Will never go there for anything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zeigler Scamburg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeigler Scamburg   Zeigler Scamburg I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zeigler Scamburg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: Chicagoland Dealership Review-
Jump to: