Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help How Do I ....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

Help How Do I .... Empty
PostSubject: Help How Do I ....   Help How Do I .... I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 1:14 pm

Awhile back I posted about my headunit which works fine outside of the screen illuminates spuradically (sp)

When the unit is out of the car and powered by a battery or jump-pack the screen works flawlessly everytime.
However, when installed in my car, it works sometimes, other times it doesn't.

The tech from the company I purchased the unit from said it has to be grounded with a good connection to the battery. After careful thought, I'm inclined to believe this may resolve my issues.

But then my question is how would I do this? All of you electronic gurus and techies, what do you think? Could this just be a special installation need for this particular unit?? Do you think this will work??
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Help How Do I .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help How Do I ....   Help How Do I .... I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 1:46 pm

Dalegit1 wrote:
Awhile back I posted about my headunit which works fine outside of the screen illuminates spuradically (sp)

When the unit is out of the car and powered by a battery or jump-pack the screen works flawlessly everytime.

The tech from the company I purchased the unit from said it has to be grounded with a good connection to the battery. After careful thought, I'm inclined to believe this may resolve my issues.

But then my question is how would I do this? All of you electronic gurus and techies, what do you think? Could this just be a special installation need for this particular unit?? Do you think this will work??

You can try to run a ground and tap it into the negative side of the cig lighter on your dash.
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

Help How Do I .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help How Do I ....   Help How Do I .... I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 2:27 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Dalegit1 wrote:

You can try to run a ground and tap it into the negative side of the cig lighter on your dash.
Back to top Go down
Dalegit1
CAMM Pro
Dalegit1

Help How Do I .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help How Do I ....   Help How Do I .... I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 2:28 pm

ok, that seem simple enough. thanks joe
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Help How Do I .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help How Do I ....   Help How Do I .... I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 3:17 pm

The cig lighter ground is no different than the radio ground! What the tech is telling you is to run a seperate ground to the radio. So I would run a ground from under the dash to the radio. What you do is drive a self tapping screw into the metal bracket under the dash and run a wire from there to the radio. Like I said before I highly doubt that the ground is your problem.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

Help How Do I .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help How Do I ....   Help How Do I .... I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 3:26 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
The cig lighter ground is no different than the radio ground! What the tech is telling you is to run a seperate ground to the radio. So I would run a ground from under the dash to the radio. What you do is drive a self tapping screw into the metal bracket under the dash and run a wire from there to the radio. Like I said before I highly doubt that the ground is your problem.

Oh, i didnt know that. For my under dash/door LEDs I put the ground on a screw that is on the dash frame behind the steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Help How Do I .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help How Do I ....   Help How Do I .... I_icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2009, 3:31 pm

liljoejoe54 wrote:
Shawn1112 wrote:

Oh, i didnt know that. For my under dash/door LEDs I put the ground on a screw that is on the dash frame behind the steering wheel.
You can do that also, they are telling her to basically ground the radio to its own ground source. I really dont believe thats the problem!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help How Do I .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help How Do I ....   Help How Do I .... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help How Do I ....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: