Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battery replacement 300C

Go down 
+3
liljoejoe54
POOLPLYR1
Dre
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

Battery replacement 300C Empty
PostSubject: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 9:31 am

Battery on 300C is gone. Did some searches online and looks like optima red is what people are recommending. I dont have a stereo system in car so would a Sears $180-200 battery be just fine or just pay the extra and get a Optima $215-220?
Back to top Go down
POOLPLYR1
CAMM Member
POOLPLYR1

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 9:48 am

AS LONG AS IT IS THE SAME CCA AS YOUR ORIGINAL BATTERY SEARS SHOULD BE OK
Back to top Go down
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 11:16 am

Looks like Sears and Red top are both AGM batteries. Just found out my buddy work at a auto parts store and can get me an AGM battery 850CCA for my 300C with same 3 yr warranty as Sears and Optima for a great deal.
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 11:28 am

The OEM battery from the dealership cost about $125 if I remember correctly. You can't go wrong with the original if you dont have any extras that demand more juice.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 12:02 pm

Walmart batteries also work
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 2:21 pm

I don't think Optima is made in USA anymore. Sears has an AGM Diehard that is. The odyssey AGM is USA built and also Johnson Controls is either offering now or will offer an AGM built right here.
Back to top Go down
Dre
CAMM Member
Dre

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 3:13 pm

OEM is few dollars cheaper and the walmart brand is about same price i am getting with my friends discount.

Thanks for the input guys.

I will pick it up tomorrow and get car up and running. Been almost 2 months since i drove it, still need Tim B to find an engine issue (fuel trim numbers not matching) and tuning Sad
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 6:19 pm

The OEM battery in my '02 Intrepid was from the factory and was still going strong when I got rid of the car last year.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2015, 9:08 pm

HiPwr wrote:
The OEM battery in my '02 Intrepid was from the factory and was still going strong when I got rid of the car last year.
Impressive
Back to top Go down
94cruiser
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitimeApril 19th 2015, 1:15 am

liljoejoe54 wrote:
The OEM battery from the dealership cost about $125 if I remember correctly. You can't go wrong with the original if you dont have any extras that demand more juice.

Shut up!
I had my car in at a body shop for some work and they drained the batt, and car would not start but did jump ok.
I was in a position I could not risk being stranded and figured my original 11 year old batt was bad.
Ended up getting one from autozone for $250 or so, went with the larger police model.

Damn, if I knew the OE was that, I'd get that instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery replacement 300C   Battery replacement 300C I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battery replacement 300C
Page 1 of 1