Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coating Specialties

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Coating Specialties Empty
PostSubject: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2014, 5:05 pm

I got the intake for my direct port system last week. It had a few scratches on it, I knew they would bother me so I couldn't just leave it alone. I hit it with a sander and dremel and got it pretty smooth. At that point I was into it about 10 hrs and knew I didn't want to commit the time to polish it out. On a recommendation from a guy I work with I took it to Coating Specialties, in South Chicago Heights. They kicked ass. The did it on time (4 days), under budget (120 bucks) and it looks awesome! I did a semi gloss black that will kind of match the other black in the engine bay that isn't painted BB. I think with polished hardlines and a few metallic red and black fittings it's going to look nice. I never got a chance to talk with the owner, but I guess he used to have a bike shop on 111th a while back and is big into drag racing. On the phone he seemed interested in my project and I could tell he actually cared about his role in said project. Finally found someone local to do a good job. I'm still waiting on parts to get everything put together. the seller is kind of flaky, but I do believe by the end of next week I'll have everything I was promised.

bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 6:20 am

Nice Bill! Who are you sending your sb to?
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 8:15 am

what's a sb?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 10:04 am

Short Block
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 10:57 am

ha. I want to do a PWR 426. maybe next summer? I think I'll be ok with a 125 shot for a bit, but I'm currently saving for the forged stroker. I was talking to my wife about a week ago about a new motor and she thinks I'm completely insane. "$12,000 to go 1 second faster on a race track a few times a month!?" when she put it like that I had to agree it's kind of silly, but you got to spend it on something.

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 11:39 am

Pics? ???
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 7:14 pm

Coating Specialties IMG_2738_zpsac6f2de9

Coating Specialties IMG_2739_zps9d9649b6

Coating Specialties IMG_2740_zps544ada81

Coating Specialties IMG_2741_zps6d35aa3c
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 9:06 pm

what are you doing with your old one....?
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 9:13 pm

I'm shipping it back as a core.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 10:19 pm

damn. i thought you bought that new intake outright. lol. i was gonna ask if i could slide you some cash to borrow your stock one if you weren't selling it.

i still am hoping to find someone who has one sitting around i can borrow to get powdered. then give them back my stock one when i change it out to avoid down time.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 10:32 pm

doesn't Adam have one?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2014, 8:11 pm

he had to sell it.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2014, 9:57 am

funkpolice wrote:
ha.  I want to do a PWR 426.  maybe next summer?  I think I'll be ok with a 125 shot for a bit, but I'm currently saving for the forged stroker.  I was talking to my wife about a week ago about a new motor and she thinks I'm completely insane.  "$12,000 to go 1 second faster on a race track a few times a month!?"   when she put it like that I had to agree it's kind of silly, but you got to spend it on something.

bill

Why not save the money and use your own seasoned short block. It will save you almost half.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2014, 9:42 pm

Tom, I didn't even know that was an option. I'll have to look into it.

I got the intake put on the car tonight. All of a sudden the seller is in a rush. He overnighted my the parts I was missing, and wants me to do the same with my intake. I was kind of rushing through the install, so some of the lines aren't perfect. I'll have to modify the firewall cover. Probably have to pull the intake again when I hook everything up.

Coating Specialties IMG_2748_zps970f7382

Coating Specialties IMG_2749_zpse3aaff05

bill
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2014, 7:54 pm

WOW, I don't know much about Nitrous but it looks good.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2014, 9:29 pm

I don't know much either!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coating Specialties   Coating Specialties I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coating Specialties
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: