Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GLD on fri.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2014, 4:42 pm

anyone want to go? I'll be there.

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2014, 5:47 pm

If my trans is done I may join u
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2014, 5:48 pm

Actually I need check if there is a break in period for tranny
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2014, 6:40 pm

make sure, but Bill form Paramount told me no break in.

bill
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2014, 8:29 pm

I would be game! What time?
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2014, 9:09 pm

racing is from 5 until 10. I'm shooting for 5. There are going to be jet cars on sat, so I'm guessing they will be testing fri night, which might mean a lot of down time, but it's the only night I can go this weekend.

bill
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 21st 2014, 10:02 pm

Definitely good to know. Never been to GLD. This may be a dumb question but how many passes do you typically get at GLD.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2014, 5:49 am

I've only been there around 20 times, but most weeknights that I have I could have ran as many times as I wanted to. I let my car cool down for an hour or so between passes and usually have 4 or 5 time slips. Like I said, with the potential jet cars, that might not be the case, I'm not sure. The other concern I have now is people going to WI for the weekend. Traffic might be gridlock.

bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2014, 9:40 am

Good idea, Bill. I have always tried to cool down for an hour, when possible. It's the tranny that needs it the most. Hot lapping kills it.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2014, 5:35 pm

This will be the first track day with my trans temp gauge, so I can see whats going on with that. Normal driving it never gets over 180. Builder Bill told me that it won't get full shift pressure unless it's at 160 or higher, but it's takes forever to get to 160 on the street. Is there any way to warm up the trans without getting the engine temp hot?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2014, 9:03 pm

Hey bro, what about going to 66 instead, closer for u. If I go I might head to 66 instead of GLD
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2014, 9:35 pm

funkpolice wrote:
This will be the first track day with my trans temp gauge, so I can see whats going on with that.  Normal driving it never gets over 180.  Builder Bill told me that it won't get full shift pressure unless it's at 160 or higher, but it's takes forever to get to 160 on the street.  Is there any way to warm up the trans without getting the engine temp hot?

A good healthy burnout should help.

Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2014, 9:40 pm

is the trans in? I don't know about 66. It is closer, but last time I went there I got one pass. Also, you might be in roll bar territory (11.49?) and they would for sure boot you there. Are your jeep buddies going there? I have a season pass at GLD, but it cost about 50 bucks in gas at least to get there. I'll give it another shot if your headed down there.

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2014, 7:49 am

Might be 1 jeep going, I know some other guys going. I have to work on my pool today so that's how I'm basing my day. Will let u know by noon what or where I decide to do
Yes trans is done
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2014, 4:07 pm

You all go to GLD or 66?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2014, 5:23 pm

Bill went to GLD. I'm still working on my pool
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2014, 2:00 pm

I didn't run a best time, but I did run number 2 and 3. we had cars bouncing off the wall, doing 360's at the start line, jet cars, 15 bikes, so lots of down time. I only got the two runs in. No trouble hooking at all. 1st pass was 20 psi, 2nd 24 psi. I've never been able to get any consistency at all, last night was "pretty, pretty, good!"

GLD on fri. IMG_2608_zps9c5c9170

Those 60' times are really good for me, but with the slicks I think I lost a little in mph.

here's a pic of the new race wheels ready to go.
GLD on fri. IMG_2606_zpsbbafb792

bill

Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2014, 6:47 pm

I'm headed to GLD tomorrow (7/2/14) if anyone wants to go. I'll be there between 5 and 6. A guy from lxforums with PWR 400 5.7 might meet me there, so I'll tell him how great Yuro is and see if I can get him to sign up!

bill
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2014, 8:47 am

I can be there by 6. Weather is looking so so right now from what I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2014, 10:20 am

Enjoy the "Ladies Night Trophy Race"
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2014, 6:49 pm

The trophy race was rained out! at 3:30 there was a 0% chance of precipitation in Union Grove....wrong. I got one shitty pass and that was it. I didn't get a good burnout. Started sliding and was afraid I was going to hit a lady standing too close to my car. I spun and ran a 12.4. A.W. showed up with the srt magnum. It's a pretty cool car.

bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GLD on fri. Empty
PostSubject: Re: GLD on fri.   GLD on fri. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GLD on fri.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: At the Track-
Jump to: