Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Billet tech center caps

Go down 
+2
VIKES4093
funkpolice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Billet tech center caps Empty
PostSubject: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 4:16 pm

Now that my wheels are going to be dark, I can't use my oem center caps. I'm thinking about the BT ones, but I think I read somewhere that they are a PITA. What's the deal, are they ok? I might go black center caps and lug nuts, or have the powder coated to match the wheels. I'll wait to see my wheels before i make the call.

bill
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 4:40 pm

i have had them on for the last 2 summers the satin color with mopar engraved..no problems so far i use diff wheels during the winter
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 7:36 pm

I just put them on the wheels I had powder coated. It is a little piddly and I've read to be careful not to torque down the screws too much so you don't break 'em.

I got polished center caps and will use new chrome lugs I kinda like the contrast it is the only bright thing I've got on the car. Not a bad idea to color match them that would look good too. If you have the machined face the satin or polished might go nicely too.

Mine didn't sit super flush due to the texture powder coat, I'd be careful trying to put them on if you had the caps powder coated as well as that might affect the fit.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 9:13 pm

Mine are on the summer rims with no issues. It just a socket to tighten them from the back, I forgot the size but Jon just did my back tires so he might know.

I was thinking bout getting another set for the winter rims but don't know yet, maybe for this years sale I'll get them
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 9:16 pm

good, sounds like they are going to work for me, just need to make up my mind on the color. Big M, be sure to put up some pictures when you get them mounted, I'd like to see what the chrome centers and lugs look like on a dark wheel.

bill
Back to top Go down
BigM
CAMM Pro
BigM

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 10:34 pm

I probably won't have the new wheels/tires on until the middle of May but I will post a couple pics once on.  My current setup I've got the stock ram head on my 18s with chrome lugs.

Billet tech center caps Wheel_10
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 12:33 am

use a little lock tight on the screw-nut when you install them
Back to top Go down
WideSpicy
CAMM Pro
WideSpicy

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 7:30 am

Funk, if you are going to have them anodized yu might be better off just getting them powdered as well, the road wear may scuff and screw up the anodizing.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 9:16 am

I have a set of black ones with a skull on them if you're interested. They aren't bad, I had them on my Jeep. I agree about a little locktite on the screws when installing
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2014, 3:04 pm

thanks Eric, I'll check them out when I'm there. Skulls might be a bit over the top though.
bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Billet tech center caps   Billet tech center caps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Billet tech center caps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Wheels and Suspension-
Jump to: