Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here kitty kitty

Go down 
+10
MsScarlett
jamesv82
ekaz
Yuro
Moparcharger07
jontoad
jesse031081
Illinois Chaos
Exura
eviltrycycle
14 posters
AuthorMessage
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 10:54 am

Link to the story

Dodge is set to introduce a mild update for its Challenger for the 2015 model year, an update that's expected to include the addition of a new supercharged HEMI V-8 for the range-topping SRT model. The new supercharged HEMI V-8, which has been nicknamed the Hellcat, is believed to be a 6.2-liter unit, and according to some recent comments from SRT boss Ralph Gilles it may just be more powerful than the 640-horsepower V-10 in the Viper supercar.

"We have a situation where, you know-- we may have a situation--where the flagship car is not the most powerful car in our arsenal,” Gilles told Hot Rod magazine. “So we have an internal horsepower race as well as an external one."

The Challenger SRT with the Hellcat will likely be a special model, similar to the 2014 Chevrolet Z/28 which is priced at $75k. This means pricing will probably fall well north of even the Challenger SRT 392’s $46k starting price, which makes sense if the car ends up the most powerful in SRT’s lineup.

The good news is that the mighty mill is expected to end up in other SRT products. Let’s hope one of them is a hardcore Viper developed along the lines of the GTS-R racing version; such a car might just be the ticket to dethroning the 2015 Corvette Z06 in the American supercar wars.

Stay tuned for an update.

Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 3:20 pm

I have test drove the prototype challenger for the hellcat, the one that i had was a 6.4 supercharged V8, able to produce over 700 ponies, but with it being in the early stages things are subject to change, however we had a couple chargers with the hellcats as well. But all i can say is that when its turned on, it will rip your freaking ears off!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 3:20 pm

Everybody knows that. Popcorn
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 8:13 pm

Crystal, what color are you gonna order?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 8:36 pm

The 70 grand color.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 9:36 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
The 70 grand color.

Tom i think you already found the 70 grand color. apparently it's still black, but with stickers. lol.

Last edited by jontoad on March 26th 2014, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 9:54 pm

I thought this thread was a different topic......
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 9:55 pm

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
The 70 grand color.

Tom i think you already found the 70 grand color. apparently it's still black, but with stickers. lol.

What you dont realize is he sprinkles diamond dust in the paint!
Back to top Go down
Exura
CAMM Member
Exura

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 10:55 pm

Moparcharger07 wrote:
I thought this thread was a different topic......

Lmao! Your killing me here!
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 10:13 am

http://blog.caranddriver.com/bitchin-fury-rumors-peg-dodges-forthcoming-hellcat-v-8-as-more-powerful-than-vipers-v-10/

Yes...
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2014, 12:06 am

There was a hellcat sighting in Chicago recently....
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2014, 4:04 am

As i hear it, a select few already bought one
some guy dyno'ed it and is getting 660hp n 645 tq
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 9:11 am

Info up on drivesrt.com.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 1:38 pm

Before I lay my $ down I want to know one thing, what octane blend do I have to use?
Back to top Go down
MsScarlett
MsScarlett

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 2:28 pm

jamesv82 wrote:
Before I lay my $ down I want to know one thing, what octane blend do I have to use?

ROFLMAO....OMG I'm dying here!!!!!
Back to top Go down
moparmarc
CAMM Pro
moparmarc

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 2:36 pm

^^^ is that like mixing the flavors at taco bells fountain drinks?
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 7:34 pm

scratch cheers  and those r middle fingers lol
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 8:00 pm

you mean  Finger Finger Finger 
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 8:05 pm

I couldnt find that on my phone but yes yes that one right there! All around!
And even tho, i hope u guys dont get hit with hail, just had some first time ever in my life here in Aurora, put ur cars in shelter!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 8:18 pm

ekaz wrote:
There was a hellcat sighting in Chicago recently....

funny since it was months ago you posted that comment, but i told the guys at the show Sunday that i thought i saw one on the highway on the way home from work last week. it has the split tail lights and an SRT badge on the spoiler. it looked real clean with no logos on the fenders or anything. i did not get ahead of it to see if it had the hellcat hood. it had temp tags.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 8:48 pm

Yuro wrote:
I couldnt find that on my phone but yes yes that one right there! All around!

Wow just like the gas issue you can't get this right either.  Finger   :homo: 
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 9:04 pm

Yuro wrote:
I couldnt find that on my phone

sounds like InkedUP now...
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 9:46 pm

Whats that
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2014, 8:09 am

Popcorn 
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2014, 7:58 pm

More details: Hellcat Engine

". . . Hellcat shares just 9 percent of its componentry with Dodge’s 6.4-liter V-8"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Here kitty kitty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here kitty kitty   Here kitty kitty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here kitty kitty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Knowledge Base :: Mopar News-
Jump to: