Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
jlg1963
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? Empty
PostSubject: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2014, 8:35 pm

So I have a link to the .pdf of the repair procedure.

First would this concern you to have dealer do this?

Second what else should I have them do if they are this far into your engine?  I have 25K miles
so thinking replace the belts and hoses to set clock back to zero. Also oil change is no brainer. maybe a coolant flush, but what about water pump, and oil pump? is it worth it at 25K? Also from another forum they suggest a 53022338AB oil control sensor change..Not sure about that one.

Anyone with insight please reply!! is not in shop yet.......

http://www.mediafire.com/view/k2tz19ddbt780sz
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2014, 8:01 am

Are you still under warranty, and if so is this covered under warranty? If so and it was me, and if I could afford it. I would have them replace everything they take off with a new part. Reason being is they cant charge you labor since they have to take that part off anyway, and for piece of mind. You should only have to pay for the new parts. When Ekaz did my heads/cam, I replaced some shit I really didnt have to replace, but did it just because it was coming off anyway.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2014, 8:40 am

What Shawn said, replace some of the maintenance stuff...belt, timing cover gasket, water pump, belt tensioner, radiator hoses, coolant.....not saying it all needs to be changed but that's most of the stuff that needs to come off for a timing chain swap. I'd say swap to a 6.1 oil pump but those are on national backorder here and in Canada, so that would just delay things.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2014, 9:18 am

Meh, I wouldn't get carried away with swapping out good parts for new. I have never changed anything on my motor that I didn't have to. All of my parts have held up to my severe duty schedule, lol. I understand the peace of mind thing, though.
Back to top Go down
Roggy29
CAMM Rookie
Roggy29

PostSubject: Re: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2014, 4:06 pm

Just called the dealer about this recall did a vin look up on it and mine doesn't require the recall even though it fit every description on the sheet.... maybe give a call first to anyone thinking they might qualify.... "only certain vins qualify" per the dealer.....
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2014, 7:17 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Are you still under warranty, and if so is this covered under warranty? If so and it was me, and if I could afford it. I would have them replace everything they take off with a new part. Reason being is they cant charge you labor since they have to take that part off anyway, and for piece of mind. You should only have to pay for the new parts. When Ekaz did my heads/cam, I replaced some shit I really didnt have to replace, but did it just because it was coming off anyway.

Shawn,
Not under warranty any longer. But this is a MFG recall so the work is on Dodge not me.
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2014, 7:21 pm

Roggy29 wrote:
Just called the dealer about this recall did a vin look up on it and mine doesn't require the recall even though it fit every description on the sheet....  maybe give a call first to anyone thinking they might qualify.... "only certain vins qualify" per the dealer.....

Roggy29,

Your profile says Dodge Charger, This is a Challenger recall....I know the engines are the same so not sure why Challenger vins only at this point.  crazy
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2014, 10:24 am

jlg1963 wrote:
Roggy29 wrote:
Just called the dealer about this recall did a vin look up on it and mine doesn't require the recall even though it fit every description on the sheet....  maybe give a call first to anyone thinking they might qualify.... "only certain vins qualify" per the dealer.....

Roggy29,

Your profile says Dodge Charger, This is a Challenger recall....I know the engines are the same so not sure why Challenger vins only at this point.  crazy

It's also calling for the 2nd gen Chargers and 300s on the file you put up. However for that guy he may have the wrong rear since most of the regular cars have a 2.65 rear and not those listed.
Back to top Go down
jlg1963
CAMM Pro
jlg1963

PostSubject: Re: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2014, 10:37 am

moaugust88 wrote:
jlg1963 wrote:
Roggy29 wrote:

Roggy29,

It's also calling for the 2nd gen Chargers and 300s on the file you put up. However for that guy he may have the wrong rear since most of the regular cars have a 2.65 rear and not those listed.

Sorry!! Guess I should read the entire thing before I post and reply  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?    2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009-2012 (LC) Dodge Challenger Recall Would this procedure concern you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Knowledge Base :: Mopar News-
Jump to: