Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does MPH do engine work?

Go down 
+6
funkpolice
Yuro
hawksview
Illinois Chaos
Shawn1112
lieu910
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lieu910
CAMM Rookie
lieu910

Does MPH do engine work? Empty
PostSubject: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 10:51 am

I have not reached out to Tim yet in part because I am not clear on what I want to do. However, I was curious if they do engine work/cam swaps, etc?

Also curious if they partner with a particular engine builder for strokers/builds?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 12:31 pm

Yes they do and very good at it
Back to top Go down
lieu910
CAMM Rookie
lieu910

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 12:46 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Yes they do and very good at it
Outstanding, thanks. I may have them do a 6.4 cam in my R/T.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 2:21 pm

Yes they do performance mods of every kind. You name it and they can do it. You want a stroker sb or  complete long block, they do that. Performance Werks Racing is the engine builder or PWR.

As with anything custom it is always very helpful if you are clear and concise about exactly what you want them to do and what your expectations are up front. Dropping your car off and telling them it's broke, fix it will not yield you good results. lol.
Back to top Go down
hawksview
CAMM Member
hawksview

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 5:22 pm

I had tim do a cam install on my srt a couple years ago.The work couldn't have been any better.Its a top notch operation.Gonna head down there tomorrow morning for an oil change.Hopefully if he is around and isn't to busy I am gonna ask a few questions about throwing some nitrous at this thing
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 5:58 pm

Charging bull just asked them if they could do some engine work, they said they had to send it out? What?
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 7:13 pm

I had my cam swap done at MPH, it's awesome. Planning some transmission stuff this winter.

bill
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 7:23 pm

Do u still have your srt cam? Wonder if they can put that in my 07 rt, maybe roll in there and get the second part of the pan drain n fill on trans, and cam put in... Gotta find me some srt8 headers now lol
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 8:14 pm

Yuro wrote:
Do u still have your srt cam? Wonder if they can put that in my 07 rt, maybe roll in there and get the second part of the pan drain n fill on trans, and cam put in... Gotta find me some srt8 headers now lol
if he doesn't still have his my stock one is coming out right now. i would go with an aftermarket one if your gonna go through the trouble of installing one though. i do know the truck guys liked to put the 6.1 cams in their 5.7 rams though so it must be an ok mod.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2013, 9:44 pm

Yuro wrote:
Charging bull just asked them if they could do some engine work, they said they had to send it out? What?
If it was something other than heads, cam, nitrous, blower install bolt on's etc. then yes for a stroker motor the sb would have to be shipped out to the engine builder, as any shop would have to do unless they had an engine builder in house. Not many do. Arrington is the only one that I know of, if you want to send your friend to Va. so he doesn't have to ship his motor out, lol.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 5:47 am

hawksview wrote:
I had tim do a cam install on my srt a couple years ago.The work couldn't have been any better.Its a top notch operation.Gonna head down there tomorrow morning for an oil change.Hopefully if he is around and isn't to busy I am gonna ask a few questions about throwing some nitrous at this thing
Tim installed my Nitrous and did a terrific job.
Back to top Go down
hawksview
CAMM Member
hawksview

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 6:02 am

[quote="chicagovich"[/quote]Tim installed my Nitrous and did a terrific job.[/quote]
I would like to talk to you about that sometime.Are you running it on the street or just at the strip?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 10:39 am

Don't get caught with N02 on the street. Can't have the bottle in the car.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 12:23 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Since when????
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 1:15 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
It's unlawful to be in the possession of Nitrous Oxide with the intent to inhale or ingest it; it's a misdemeanor.  If it's being used as a fuel additive in an existing system they would have to prove you were "secretly" using it in the unlawful manner; of course that's not going to happen. In addition, automotive-grade liquid nitrous oxide differs slightly from medical-grade nitrous oxide. A small amount of sulfur dioxide is added to prevent substance abuse. So, if you're running it in your car, it's not the medical grade Nitrous the laws refer to.

Now it is illegal to drive it around in a delivery capacity if you're not licensed to carry the material.  

These are the only laws on the Illinois books:

(720 ILCS 5/24.5‑5)
Sec. 24.5‑5. Unlawful possession. Any person who possesses nitrous oxide or any substance containing nitrous oxide, with the intent to breathe, inhale, or ingest for the purpose of causing a condition of intoxication, elation, euphoria, dizziness, stupefaction, or dulling of the senses or for the purpose of, in any manner, changing, distorting, or disturbing the audio, visual, or mental processes, or who knowingly and with the intent to do so is under the influence of nitrous oxide or any material containing nitrous oxide is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. A person who commits a second or subsequent violation of this Section is guilty of a Class 4 felony. This Section shall not apply to any person who is under the influence of nitrous oxide or any material containing nitrous oxide pursuant to an administration for the purpose of medical, surgical, or dental care by a person duly licensed to administer such an agent.
(Source: P.A. 91‑366, eff. 1‑1‑00.)

(720 ILCS 5/24.5‑10)
Sec. 24.5‑10. Unlawful manufacture or delivery. Any person, firm, corporation, co‑partnership, limited liability company, or association that intentionally manufactures, delivers, or possesses with intent to manufacture or deliver nitrous oxide for any purpose prohibited under Section 24.5‑5 is guilty of a Class 3 felony.

Last edited by chicagovich on September 20th 2013, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 1:18 pm

hawksview wrote:
I would like to talk to you about that sometime.Are you running it on the street or just at the strip?
Sure, anytime.  I run it on the street, just a small 75 shot as I can't tune for more.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 5:14 pm

Yuro wrote:
I have it, but the cam itself isn't really the expensive part. The install and tune is where the money is spent. I would go aftermarket if you're going to open it up. If you want it, it's yours though. I had about 80,000 miles on it, so you might want Jon's instead.

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 5:14 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
Since when????
never heard that one.

bill
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 5:54 pm

Awesome, put me on the list before someone else snatches one of them lol
Still gotta raise the money and do some homework, i dont think i wanna go FI, maybe NOS.
Do we have a body shop that will do some discounted club work? Need to make someones shop a bit richer lol!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 7:02 pm

chicagovich wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
It's unlawful to be in the possession of Nitrous Oxide with the intent to inhale or ingest it; it's a misdemeanor.  If it's being used as a fuel additive in an existing system they would have to prove you were "secretly" using it in the unlawful manner; of course that's not going to happen. In addition, automotive-grade liquid nitrous oxide differs slightly from medical-grade nitrous oxide. A small amount of sulfur dioxide is added to prevent substance abuse. So, if you're running it in your car, it's not the medical grade Nitrous the laws refer to.

Now it is illegal to drive it around in a delivery capacity if you're not licensed to carry the material.  

These are the only laws on the Illinois books:

(720 ILCS 5/24.5‑5)
Sec. 24.5‑5. Unlawful possession. Any person who possesses nitrous oxide or any substance containing nitrous oxide, with the intent to breathe, inhale, or ingest for the purpose of causing a condition of intoxication, elation, euphoria, dizziness, stupefaction, or dulling of the senses or for the purpose of, in any manner, changing, distorting, or disturbing the audio, visual, or mental processes, or who knowingly and with the intent to do so is under the influence of nitrous oxide or any material containing nitrous oxide is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. A person who commits a second or subsequent violation of this Section is guilty of a Class 4 felony. This Section shall not apply to any person who is under the influence of nitrous oxide or any material containing nitrous oxide pursuant to an administration for the purpose of medical, surgical, or dental care by a person duly licensed to administer such an agent.

(720 ILCS 5/24.5‑10)
Sec. 24.5‑10. Unlawful manufacture or delivery. Any person, firm, corporation, co‑partnership, limited liability company, or association that intentionally manufactures, delivers, or possesses with intent to manufacture or deliver nitrous oxide for any purpose prohibited under Section 24.5‑5 is guilty of a Class 3 felony.
lol, seriously? Your quoting the drug statutes which don't apply to racing N20, because they put a bittering agent in it to prevent recreational abuse. It's 100% legal to possess.

Where to begin. You can have a 10lb. bottle in the vehicle but it has to be completely disconnected and out of the reach of the vehicle occupants. N20 use on the street is a violation of the environmental pollution laws in EVERY State.

Transportation of N20 is limited and I'm not exactly sure how much you can transport without a hazmat placard and license, but there IS a limit on how much you can transport without the msds documents.

Last edited by Illinois Chaos on September 20th 2013, 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 7:26 pm

Ok, lets just say I'm not worried.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 8:12 pm

Ya I wouldn't worry about it either.
Back to top Go down
ekaz
CAMM Member

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2013, 10:20 pm

jontoad wrote:

if he doesn't still have his my stock one is coming out right now. i would go with an aftermarket one if your gonna go through the trouble of installing one though. i do know the truck guys liked to put the 6.1 cams in their 5.7 rams though so it must be an ok mod.
It might already be out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moros323
CAMM Pro
moros323

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2014, 1:15 am

People have done it for years and only a dick headed cop or one that you really piss off is going to bust you for that lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does MPH do engine work?   Does MPH do engine work? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does MPH do engine work?
Page 1 of 1