Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums

Go down 
+2
Administrator
chargerchick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums Empty
PostSubject: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2009, 1:10 am

First of all, we'd like to welcome you to CAMM and thank you for joining! Hopefully this post will help you navigate the forums and explain all the features. Once you've read this and taken a look around, we'd love for you to make a post in the newbie section and introduce yourself!

You'll notice at the top of each page there are buttons...portal, forum, calendar and so on.

Portal: takes you to the "gateway" of CAMM. On the left, you will find a link to your profile underneath your avatar, the forum statistics, a listing of who's online, and other assorted fun facts about CAMM. In the middle, you'll see the latest threads from the Chicagoland Area Car Shows and below that is a listing of the latest threads from all the other sections. On the right is the shoutbox which is a way to leave little messages that everyone can see. Under that is a listing of our CAMM supporters and if you click on their name it will take you directly to their website.

Forum: takes you to the listing of all the threads. We've got them broken down into different sections so hopefully it will be easier for you to find what you're looking for. When making a new thread, please try to post in the appropriate section. If you're not sure....go ahead and post in the General Discussion and we'll sort it out later. At the very bottom we've got more statistics for you to check out like who's online, who's been online in the last 24 hrs, a legend showing the different levels that you can try for by earning points and at the very bottom is the chatbox. On the top right of the chatbox, just click on log in and it will take you directly into chat. Click on archives and you can see previous chat (if you dare!). If you want to make a box just for chat so you can still look around while chatting, click on "chatbox" to the upper left of the box.

Calendar: this is a day by day listing of all the happenings in the Chicagoland area. If you hover over the listing, it will show you the first post. Click on it and it will take you directly to that thread. If you'd like to add an event, click on the little calendar page next to the date and it will open up the page to make a post.

Gallery:
this takes you directly to the member's gallery pages. Please read the announcement at the top and then make your own member page!

FAQ: Yep. This is where you'll find answers to common questions about the forum.

Search: this brings up a box where you can type in what you're looking for.

Members: here you'll find a listing of everyone sorted by the last time they were online.

Groups: this is a listing of all the groups you belong to. It's also where you can request to join new groups.

User CP: The User Control Panel is where you get to tell us all about yourself. What do you drive? Are you male or female? What mods do you have to your car? You'll notice there's a place for referrer. Please don't forget to fill that box in because we'd like to know who to reward for inviting you over! Make sure you click on all the options at the top right....information, preferences, signature, and avatar. This is also where you can see the topics you want to watch and your favorites.

New Posts: this will take you to a listing of all the posts that were made since your last visit.

Message: here is where you'll find all your private messages. There's a place to see your inbox, sentbox, outbox, and savebox. You can set your preferences on how to be notified when you get a new message (you'll find that under Profile>>>preferences) NOTE: A member must make at least 25 posts before having the ability to send PMs.

Log Out: will log you off the forums.

If you ever have any questions about anything, please don't hesitate to make a post or ask a moderator or admin. Thanks again for joining and enjoy your stay with us!

Last edited by chargerchick on October 12th 2009, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Administrator
CAMM Member
Administrator

PostSubject: New Members and Sending Private Messages   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2009, 1:25 pm

To help protect our members against trolls who register only for spam by PM, we've implemented a minimum post requirement of 25 before 'newbies' are able to access the Private Message system ... At the same time, the title beneath your name will change from Forum Newbie to CAMM Member.

We realize that the vast majority of new members on this site do not come here to spam the board, but come to get involved with conversations, make new friends and share ideas. So get out there and talk about your modern Mopars and I think you'll see that making 25 posts in nothing with this lively group of enthusiasts!
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2010, 9:20 pm

Just bumpin' this for the newbs! Glad to have y'all here! Welcome
Back to top Go down
RedHot
CAMM Rookie
RedHot

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 10:39 am

I am totally impressed by the dedication that people on this site have to their vehicles, I have had my car in one photo shoot already, I would love to improve on its performance and have any suggestions for improvements.

This is totally Awesome.

By the way I am almost 40 years old, and the Charger is my third child, It sometimes gets more baths then the other ones do. cheers
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 10:47 am

RedHot wrote:
I am totally impressed by the dedication that people on this site have to their vehicles, I have had my car in one photo shoot already, I would love to improve on its performance and have any suggestions for improvements.

This is totally Awesome.

By the way I am almost 40 years old, and the Charger is my third child, It sometimes gets more baths then the other ones do. cheers

Glad to have you here, David. If you get a chance, make a thread in New Member Introductions. We'd love to hear more about you and your Magnum.

Last edited by HiPwr on March 9th 2010, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedHot
CAMM Rookie
RedHot

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 11:31 am

I have some Pics I want to post but I can't corporate doesn't allow the linking.

Can I send them to you so that You can post them?
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 11:32 am

Use photobucket!! Smile
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 11:38 am

RedHot wrote:
I have some Pics I want to post but I can't corporate doesn't allow the linking.

I'm in the same boat. I can't post pics until I get home.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 6:12 pm

RedHot wrote:

This is totally Awesome.

Welcome to CAMM, David! Any questions you might have, please ask. We've got a bunch of really smart and helpful folks here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2010, 6:16 pm

RedHot wrote:

You can also try clicking on the button that looks like a photo and a disk....it's for hosting an image at www.servimg.com. Photobucket is my prefered way of posting but this is a nice, quick easy way to post a pic if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
RedHot
CAMM Rookie
RedHot

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2010, 2:56 pm

I finally got a Photo of my charger from the photoshoot up.

Now I am begining to get my revs up.
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 2:47 am

Hi, yall I can't still upload my pics. I open up photo bucket and all. Please help!

thanks
mark
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 8:01 pm

markpleasure wrote:
Hi, yall I can't still upload my pics. I open up photo bucket and all. Please help!

thanks
mark

Are you using the IMG tags? [img][/img]
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 9:19 pm

No I am not using IMG tags, should I be?
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 9:25 pm

markpleasure wrote:

No I am not using IMG tags, should I be?

Yessir! Either that or use the image button above the text entering box. A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums Picture
Back to top Go down
markpleasure
CAMM Member
markpleasure

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 9:45 pm

Yessir! Either that or use the image button above the text entering box.

ok I will try that next photo upload. thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums   A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Newbie's guide to the CAMM forums
Page 1 of 1