Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Air Silencer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ncm8907
CAMM Member
ncm8907

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 6:16 pm

I've read on several forums that removing the air silencer gives you a better sound from your car.
I also have stock everything, so I imagine I'd need a CAI to replace it with?
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:11 pm

U mean the stock box? yes and no, it depends on brand.
This is the main reason many of us go CAI kits, tho some believe performance, some like sound and look.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:16 pm

yes removing silencer with a cai will give better sound.also you can remove the resonator in the back exhaust
Back to top Go down
ncm8907
CAMM Member
ncm8907

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 8:27 pm

VIKES4093 wrote:
yes removing silencer with a cai will give better sound.also you can remove the resonator in the back exhaust
How simple is that? ..on a scale of 1-5?
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2013, 7:05 am

the silencer is in the driver side wheel well.need to remove tire and some of the wheel well bolts to get it out its only held in by one bolt i think.not to bad to get out..the resenator you would have to cut off with a saw and put some other kind of pipe on..i used a blastin bobs single pipe didnt want to go with the duel pipe because on a magnum you have to cut the bumper.so it does have a better sound for a v6
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2013, 8:00 am

Oh ok so he was talking about that lol let me know how this changes the sound, I been thinkin about doin it but dont know how the sound would change, i hear some dont like it some do.
Back to top Go down
ncm8907
CAMM Member
ncm8907

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2013, 8:30 am

oh okay. I'm not going to bother with the resonator. lol I don't have the money or the workspace for it.
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2013, 8:10 pm

the silencer is basically a plastic box that the air goes through before it reaches the air filter..so by removing it you have no restriction your not going to get much more sound unless you do the exhaust.only when you punch it with the cai installed also remember we drive v6.i would say its worth doing it .it costs you nothing to remove it.just be careful removing plastic clips in the wheel well
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2013, 8:36 pm

Also as an added bonus you'll have less of a chance to suck up water. Sometime leaves can block the drain holes and water can build up in the chamber and boom engine gone. But the chances of that happening are not that great but I've heard of a few cars that have had that happen. But you'll love doing this mod as it's free and easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Air Silencer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Silencer   Air Silencer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air Silencer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: