Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

no more sliding hood pins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kermit
CAMM Pro
kermit

no more sliding hood pins Empty
PostSubject: no more sliding hood pins   no more sliding hood pins I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 7:19 pm

This may be a common knowledge trick, but I didn't know about it till I read it on a forum last week so I figured I'd post it here.

One thing I've disliked about the Mopar Hood Pins is the pins themselves sliding around while I'm driving.

Last week I read a post about using the rubber bands from dental bracers to keep the hood pins from moving.  I had to order them from Amazon because it wasn't something I could find locally but finally got a chance to try them out.  Driving around town today they did the trick.  Not sure how well it'll work at highway speeds but it did the trick so far and they're not overtly obvious.

no more sliding hood pins Pin_rubber_band_crop
Back to top Go down
Zack Atack
CAMM Member
Zack Atack

no more sliding hood pins Empty
PostSubject: Re: no more sliding hood pins   no more sliding hood pins I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 10:00 pm

Nice! Would have never thought.....
Back to top Go down

no more sliding hood pins
Page 1 of 1