Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I went faster!

Go down 
+4
AlterEgo
Shawn1112
Yuro
funkpolice
8 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 11:50 pm

I ran a new best 1/4 of 12.352 @ 110.36, 1.849 60ft

Then 30 min later I ran a 12.133 @ 111.42, 1.762 60ft cheers

The track was empty, maybe 20 cars, but there were some quick ones. A GTR that was the smoothest 9.8 I've ever seen, a ZR1 that had major traction issues, but was running 14x mph, a fucking eclipse that broke and ran a 9.6 @ 100 mph! It was a good time.

bill
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 1:14 am

Tried taking out the rear seats? Wanna know wha happens then
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 6:05 am

I'm going to do a "stripped down" towards the end of the season as try to get everything I can. Right now I'm still trying to learn how to race consistantly. I'm still too anxious throughout the burnout/staging process. I habitually neglected to hit the record button on the data viewer, and most times forget to turn traction control off, but I'm making progress. I did have the bottom half of the back seats out, as it lets the seats fold forward farther to get my tires and equipment in easier.

bill
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 6:17 am

Congrats, sik #'s
Back to top Go down
AlterEgo
Founding Member
Founding Member
AlterEgo

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 8:06 am

Great numbers!

Does turning off traction control make a difference?? I can't remember if I turned my off or not when I was at GLD.

Hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Yuro
CAMM Pro
Yuro

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 9:17 am

Some say turn it off, some say leave it on, i wonder what the key trick will bring...
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 11:32 am

Nice times for sure. I'd be tempted to use a small shot to nab an 11 at the times your at. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 3:40 pm

funkpolice wrote:
I'm going to do a "stripped down" towards the end of the season as try to get everything I can. Right now I'm still trying to learn how to race consistantly. I'm still too anxious throughout the burnout/staging process. I habitually neglected to hit the record button on the data viewer, and most times forget to turn traction control off, but I'm making progress. I did have the bottom half of the back seats out, as it lets the seats fold forward farther to get my tires and equipment in easier.

bill

Nice, Bill. I used to take out my interior at the track. Pass. seat and entire rear seats. You can pick up a good .1 - .15 by doing that. It's normal to forget or rush things at first. Soon you will just have a routine and go through a check list.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 5:21 pm

jontoad wrote:
Nice times for sure. I'd be tempted to use a small shot to nab an 11 at the times your at. Lol.

I'm tempted to put a kenne bell on it and try to nab an 11!

My lowest time was the last run of the night, kind of like a birdie on the 18th hole, really makes you want to go back.

bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 5:24 pm

AlterEgo wrote:
Great numbers!

Does turning off traction control make a difference?? I can't remember if I turned my off or not when I was at GLD.

Hmmmmm

for some reason, I seem to launch better with it turned off. Sometimes if I let off the throttle too quickly after my burnout the engine dies, then after I restart I always forget to turn off the traction control again.

bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 8:46 pm

sounds like it might be an issue with your tune.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2013, 10:04 pm

Tim said he could fix it, but it doesn't bother me enough to take it all the way out there. It dies every once in a while when I go from reverse to drive too. Only happens maybe once a month.

bill
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2013, 3:46 pm

congrats on the time
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2013, 4:19 pm

Congrats on the runs.

Now get those new times in your sig.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I went faster! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I went faster!   I went faster! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I went faster!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: At the Track-
Jump to: