Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FNG from Orland Park

Go down 
+8
stairman
moaugust88
funkpolice
eviltrycycle
ChicagoSRT8
Shawn1112
jamesv82
Kalec
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

FNG from Orland Park Empty
PostSubject: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 10:53 am

My name is John. A friend of mine, Tom C., recommended that I join the forum. I drive a red, 2004 Chrysler Crossfire coupe. The car is still bone stock, mechanically, with the 3199cc, M112 E32 V6 SOHC. I was unfortunate in that I was only able to find this car for sale with an automatic transmission, and it is naturally aspirated. I am in the process of trying to find either an intake manifold, supercharger, intercooler, and intake plenums from either an SRT6 Crossfire, which was only made in 2005, or the same components off of a Mercedes Benz SLK32 AMG, though I am also open to the idea of going with a turbocharger. Either option would be less expensive than doing an engine swap for an AMG55 or a Hemi, and truth me told, I'd rather put a Hemi in a Dodge. All things in time. Anyway, I worked for Vandenberg Ambulance for awhile, before getting into the communications industry. I currently climb cellphone towers for a living. I enjoy driving, working on cars, hunting, fishing, and the outdoors. I will post some pictures when I am able to do so.

I also have a question for anybody who might have a good answer. My car came factory with two pre-cats, and two catalytic converters. There are only oxygen sensors behind the pre-cats, and I was hoping to get rid of some unnecessary back pressure by either removing the catalytic converters (and keeping the pre-cats), or by removing the honeycombs from them, and leaving everything else in place. I'm not entirely sure which would be the better option, as my experience working on cars is more limited to muscle cars and the like. I would really appreciate any feedback on this.
Back to top Go down
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 10:58 am

FNG from Orland Park 47827_10151353474822060_106005387_n

FNG from Orland Park 230403_10150177408802060_1394336_n

FNG from Orland Park 391109_10150424536427060_790407426_n

FNG from Orland Park 216652_10150241559757060_4104875_n

FNG from Orland Park 281685_10150241554822060_2604410_n

Last edited by eviltrycycle on May 11th 2013, 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed pictures)
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 11:15 am

Welcome from Indiana
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 12:25 pm

Welcome, cant answer your question as I am not familiar with the Crossfire. I do like them though sweet cars. Who do you climb for, a good friend of mine "Don" is in the same line of work. You guys are some crazy fuckers, i will tell you that much. Not too many people have the balls to do your job.
Back to top Go down
ChicagoSRT8
CAMM Member
ChicagoSRT8

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 2:33 pm

What up!! And welcome!

Your pictures aren't working for me...

We got something in common besides cars..... Rock On
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 4:35 pm

I will fix the pics when I get home tonight if they are still wonky.

Welcome to CAMM, thanks for signing up. Can I just say I love that in your FIRST post you asked about modding the car!

Hopefully someone can answer that question for you.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 5:52 pm

I live in Orland too. 151st and 94th Ave. ish. See you around.
bill
Back to top Go down
moaugust88
CAMM Pro
moaugust88

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 6:00 pm

Welcome from Indiana as well! For your question there might be some answer on SLK forums or the Crossfire forums. Those SRT6 Crossfire are something awesome. Can't see your pics though.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 6:25 pm

WElcome to CAMM!!
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2013, 8:00 pm

Welcome to CAMM! Hope to see ya around this summer
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 9:32 am

Welcome to CAMM!!!!
Back to top Go down
RT!st!C
CAMM Pro
RT!st!C

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 10th 2013, 8:28 pm

Welcome to Camm!!
Back to top Go down
A.W.
CAMM Member
A.W.

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 11:06 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 11:59 am

Thanks for the welcome. I was climbing for TCE, and just got picked up by SRU. I live by 153rd and LaGrange, in Orland. Pictures weren't even working for me when I first posted this, but they seem to now. If not, I will have to re-post.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 12:32 pm

I fixed them for ya. Like the color of the car. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 12:46 pm

Thank you for the fix. And thank you - it's a big part of why I bought it, even with the automatic transmission.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 12:47 pm

I am sure they don't call it the same as mine, Inferno Red Crystal Pearl but it sure looks close if not the same.
Back to top Go down
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 1:53 pm

I like yours better. Everything I want to do to my car is so expensive haha. Your paint is getting added to the long-term list.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 2:14 pm

Kalec wrote:
Thanks for the welcome. I was climbing for TCE, and just got picked up by SRU. I live by 153rd and LaGrange, in Orland. Pictures weren't even working for me when I first posted this, but they seem to now. If not, I will have to re-post.

Is that behind Whole Foods? I'm in the townhomes just east of Lowes.

bill
Back to top Go down
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 2:39 pm

I'm actually right off of 108th Ave, in the neighborhood between 151st and 153rd streets. There are like five different entrances to the neighborhood, and each one has a different name. I'm not really sure which one I actually live in, to be honest. I moved back home after leaving Nebraska. Summary to the long story is that I moved down there to be with a girl, and found out after almost two years that she was cheating on me with a guy I helped her get a restraining order against. Apparently, they are engaged now. Jerry Springer style. Haven't bothered to get my own place yet, because I'm literally away for work more often than I am home.
Back to top Go down
Kalec
CAMM Member
Kalec

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2013, 2:40 pm

You're basically walking distance from my house, though. I've walked to Lowes to get tools before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FNG from Orland Park   FNG from Orland Park I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FNG from Orland Park
Page 1 of 1