Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!

Go down 
+4
chargerchick
jontoad
Headtripp
HiPwr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
HiPwr
HiPwr

I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! Empty
PostSubject: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 9:46 pm

Well, I'll get one tomorrow on the way home from work. I wasn't planning on driving the Charger anyway.

Yaaaarrrrgh!

I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! Pict0216
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 10:43 pm

YEah the abyss sucks I think there are a few screws down there on the charger. Used a wad of duct tape on a stick once worked prety good
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 10:44 pm

haha thats a bitch. i dropped a upper radiator hose down to the belly pan when i was doing the thermo and it was a beotch to get to since the SRT's have grills over the opening on the bottom of the bumper.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 10:45 pm

damn no edit button. upper radiator hose bolt i meant to put!
Back to top Go down
HiPwr
HiPwr

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 10:46 pm

I festered and stewed about it for a while and then went back out and found that I could get a couple of fingertips on it from underneath and got it out.

It could have been a lot worse. I don't have a way to get the car off the ground to get that bottom tool-catching plate off if it had gone further back.

Lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
chargerchick
CAMM All-Star
chargerchick

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2009, 11:52 pm

I dropped a screwdriver down in there and couldn't retrieve it but I had to drive my car. I just moved the car back and forth and stepped on the brake real hard to make the car jerk...and it popped right out! LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Founding Member
Founding Member
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 12:48 am

I've recovered a screw driver that was stuck in someones firewall gromit and numerous sockets from peoples cars. My rule is that if I find tools in someones engine bay, they become mine. Smile

If turn a wheel, you can usually reach in and retrieve things from the pan. Otherwise, remove the four bolts (10mm) that hold the service pan up and remove it. Then you can reach up and in there for anything..

So what were you using the screw driver for, hmmmmm?
Back to top Go down
TheDarkKnight
CAMM Pro
TheDarkKnight

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 2:53 am

When I swapped out my chrome grille and window blind insert for the brilliant black grille and honeycomb in the winter I had dropped the screw that holds it in on the driver side and couldn't find it for weeks I ended up taking all the plastic covers from underneath just to find it and still had problems locating it but I had finally got it you talk about frustrating! Mad
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 7:12 am

I do that shit all the time. Doesnt matter what I'm doing I always drop something in my engine bay
Back to top Go down
ghost
Founding Member
Founding Member
ghost

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2009, 1:31 pm

that is why i don't run a belly pan but over the oil pan. butter fingers yo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!   I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Don't Have One of Those Grabby Tools!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine Bay Aesthetics-
Jump to: