Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Deal Ever!!!

Go down 
+3
funkpolice
eviltrycycle
Illinois Chaos
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2013, 1:53 pm

GLD just sent me an e-mail. Fun racing 2013 season passes are half price until March. I had one in 2011 and used it up and then some. It was a good deal for $300. 10 times and the rest of the year was free. Then in 2012 they raised prices from $30 to $40 and season passes were $400. That was a giant ripoff and I think I went to 2 or 3 events.

2013 fun racing season passes are only $225 through March something. I ordered mine. The best night is Thurs. for me. It's slicks only and so you have just the race cars/muscle cars and can avoid the ricers
um I mean tuner crowd, lol.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2013, 2:36 pm

I just got the email too and was coming to post it.

Thanks Tom!!!!
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2013, 3:14 pm

if you buy a pass you can race whenever you want, as many times as you want? Or do you have to pick a day of the week that your pass is good for? I went to GLD once two years ago, not at all last year, but with the new cam, rear, and wheels I want to go as often as I can this year. Is the pass transferable to another driver?
bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2013, 9:04 pm

the season pass is for fun racing only. Fun racing is every week night Tues.-Friday, and on certain week ends when there isn't an event. Yes you can race every day if you want to (except Thurs is slicks only night), it's unlimited and good all year long as many times as you want. No gimmic. The pass is not transferable. You only. They have other types of passes available. fun race /spectator, family, etc.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2013, 8:25 am

I might have to get one. I just wish it wasn't such a long ride.
bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2013, 12:00 pm

Vegas is a looooong ride. Ohio and the east coast are long rides. I'm racing in South Carolina in March. Byron and Union Grove are just out the back door, lol.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2013, 12:38 pm

Trust me, I hear you. My wife on the other hand does not.

Are you still going to Georgia this month?

bill

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2013, 7:19 am

That's the plan.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2013, 3:58 pm

If I had the challenger still I'd be all over this. I will miss racing this year!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2013, 4:25 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
If I had the challenger still I'd be all over this. I will miss racing this year!
WTF????? You have a fucking Viper, what more do you want to race??? Dont tell me you are going to be
"one of those guys"
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2013, 5:21 pm

It's got a clutch and he's skeert.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2013, 7:21 pm

and he lives across the street from the track.
you have to go at least once.
bill
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2013, 7:40 pm

I need to learn the car before I get too crazy with it. Im still figuring out what mods it has and about how much HP
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2013, 11:01 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
I need to learn the car before I get too crazy with it. Im still figuring out what mods it has and about how much HP

it's a drag strip. the only thing you have to learn is not to turn.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 12:34 pm

I think he is starting to get that buyers remorse that he bought too much car for him to handle tongue
Shoulda stuck with the Chally
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 1:57 pm

jontoad wrote:
jesse031081 wrote:

it's a drag strip. the only thing you have to learn is not to turn.
lmao
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 1:58 pm

Headtripp wrote:
I think he is starting to get that buyers remorse that he bought too much car for him to handle tongue
Shoulda stuck with the Chally
Are you trying to say you smell something........pussy????
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 4:04 pm

I couldnt be happier getting this car. Its my first manual car, it has way more power and torque with no traction control. Sorry I dont wanna put my car in the wall or injure myself or someone else. So Im gonna take sometime to learn to drive it, thats all.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 5:34 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
I couldnt be happier getting this car. Its my first manual car, it has way more power and torque with no traction control. Sorry I dont wanna put my car in the wall or injure myself or someone else. So Im gonna take sometime to learn to drive it, thats all.

you wanna learn your limits, come autocross with me this year. learning how to handle the turns will teach you how to stay straight, or how you can stay in it when your not straight. the only thing you can hit are cones.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 6:06 pm

^^^this
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 6:08 pm

Yes!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 6:17 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
Just busting your balls, dont get your panties in a bunch.
So that means until you learn to drive it, I can beat you in a race with my wifes Compass.
Back to top Go down
jesse031081
CAMM All-Star
jesse031081

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 6:37 pm

You're fine Shawn. I will take you up on that JT, Im sure that Ill embarrass myself pretty good but I think it would help know how the car will react.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 6:46 pm

jesse031081 wrote:
You're fine Shawn. I will take you up on that JT, Im sure that Ill embarrass myself pretty good but I think it would help know how the car will react.
I wanna go watch
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2013, 6:48 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
jesse031081 wrote:
I wanna go watch

no fucking cheerleaders asshole, your racing too. it's only like 30 bux.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Deal Ever!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Deal Ever!!!   Best Deal Ever!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Deal Ever!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: Around Chicagoland :: At the Track-
Jump to: