Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

custom exhaust prices

Go down 
+2
jontoad
funkpolice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

custom exhaust prices Empty
PostSubject: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2012, 9:54 am

what is a good price for a custom exhaust install. I just got a quote of 1400 with magnaflows or 1225 with flowmasters. these are way higher than I was anticipating, do they seem right?

thanks,
bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2012, 10:39 am

Mine was 650. All 3in pipe, Magnaflows, and magnaflow double wall stainless tips. It was done at Naperville Exhaust Works by Parrish.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2012, 12:16 pm

hmm, thats the same shop I got my quote from today. wasn't Parrish though, it was Otto that quoted me. Was the 650 for parts and labor to install? How long ago did you get it done? I don't want to seem like I'm whining "He got this price, why didn't I?", but that's a pretty big difference. Maybe I'll just try to find a different shop. thanks,
bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 7:08 am

I still have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system for sale. Same one as Jt has. Let's make a deal.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 7:46 am

sweet. I wanted to pay around 700 installed, so would you take 600 for the parts?

bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 4:00 pm

funkpolice wrote:
sweet. I wanted to pay around 700 installed, so would you take 600 for the parts?

bill

I sure will. It's never seen or been driven in ice or snow/salt. It's off the car and ready to sell. Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 5:20 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
I still have a Magnaflow cat back exhaust system for sale. Same one as Jt has. Let's make a deal.

Tom i don't have the same one you do. mine is all custom that he bent at the shop not an off the shelf kit.

i don't have any resonators out back and i have 2 separate oval mufflers under the middle of the car. your cat back has a single case muffler under the middle of the car and dual resonators out back.

Last edited by jontoad on December 2nd 2012, 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 5:21 pm

funkpolice wrote:
hmm, thats the same shop I got my quote from today. wasn't Parrish though, it was Otto that quoted me. Was the 650 for parts and labor to install? How long ago did you get it done? I don't want to seem like I'm whining "He got this price, why didn't I?", but that's a pretty big difference. Maybe I'll just try to find a different shop. thanks,
bill

i had it done a few years ago. that was the out the door price. parts, labor, everything. all i brought was money and my car.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 5:27 pm

jontoad wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:

Tom i don't have the same one you do. mine is all custom that he bent at the shop not an off the shelf kit.

i don't have any resonators out back and i have 2 separate oval mufflers under the middle of the car. your cat back has a single case muffler under the middle of the car and dual resonators out back.

Looks like he has more than doubled the price since then. Wow, you got a nice deal.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 6:05 pm

ok, let me know when and where you want me to pick it up. I can due any evening except thurs, or sometime next weekend. thanks again,
bill
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 6:09 pm

Quote :
mine is all custom that he bent at the shop not an off the shelf kit.

that's what I wanted, but the price was too steep for me. I kind of feel like I was getting gouged, but you have to make your money somewhere I guess. did he do yours out of stainless?

bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 7:00 pm

funkpolice wrote:
ok, let me know when and where you want me to pick it up. I can due any evening except thurs, or sometime next weekend. thanks again,
bill

Any day you want.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 7:03 pm

ok, I'll pick it up tomorrow then. let me know your address and a phone number.

later,
bill
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 7:09 pm

funkpolice wrote:

that's what I wanted, but the price was too steep for me. I kind of feel like I was getting gouged, but you have to make your money somewhere I guess. did he do yours out of stainless?

bill

the mufflers and tips are stainless but the pipe is not. at the time when i bought it i didn't think it would be on the car more than a few years till i changed it so i didn't do the pipe in stainless.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 8:37 pm

I'm all stainless exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2012, 8:36 pm

Cat back is SOLD! Thanks, Bill!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2012, 8:41 pm

Lucky fuck, lol.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2012, 9:19 pm

I still have some good shit left for sale. 4 forged Alcoa srt wheels, a 2009 srt drive shaft for a Getrag and a set of srt shorty headers. Make me an offer.
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2012, 10:22 pm

Quote :
Lucky fuck, lol.

Very Happy My exhaust is faster than yours.

I can't wait to get it put on, hopefully this weekend. Thank you Tom.

I got an email from Otto at Exhaust Works today. Apparently there was some miscommunication in regards to what I wanted. The quotes he gave me were for complete cat back kits installed, and not shop fabricated exhaust. That being said his prices were pretty good. My car is a daily driver, so Tom's ss kit is a better option for me anyways.

bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2012, 11:34 pm

It will hold up well, Bill.
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 5:14 am

funkpolice wrote:
Quote :
Lucky fuck, lol.

Very Happy My exhaust is faster than yours.

I can't wait to get it put on, hopefully this weekend. Thank you Tom.

I got an email from Otto at Exhaust Works today. Apparently there was some miscommunication in regards to what I wanted. The quotes he gave me were for complete cat back kits installed, and not shop fabricated exhaust. That being said his prices were pretty good. My car is a daily driver, so Tom's ss kit is a better option for me anyways.

bill

If you don't mind can you post or pm me the price he gave you, I'm thinking bout switting mine out.

Thanks,
James
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 4:00 pm

I did post it in the first post. 1400 for magnaflow, 1200 for flowmaster. the flowmaster was the american thunder which I believe has the superr 40 mufflers. Our cars are different, so I'm sure there is a price difference.

bill
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 4:45 pm

i have the flowmaster american thunder set-up on my car.... only cost like 440 bux and then another 100 to install... drone is pretty bad though... ill probably pick up an H pipe at some point...
Back to top Go down
funkpolice
CAMM All-Star
funkpolice

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2012, 12:10 pm

i got the system installed last night and it sounds great. I'm having a hard time getting the clamps to seal, but I'm going to drive a bit and see if they carbon up. I took it for emissions this morning and it passed. If anyone wants my old exhaust they are welcome to it, but if it's still here next wed. I'm giving it to the scrap guy. Thanks again Tom.
bill
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2012, 2:17 pm

funkpolice wrote:
i got the system installed last night and it sounds great. I'm having a hard time getting the clamps to seal, but I'm going to drive a bit and see if they carbon up. I took it for emissions this morning and it passed. If anyone wants my old exhaust they are welcome to it, but if it's still here next wed. I'm giving it to the scrap guy. Thanks again Tom.
bill

Glad you like it Bill. One time at the shop when I was going over the suspension, I had Andy tack weld it. He pointed at the clamps and said "Dude, I hate those clamps, they suck!" He told me Gorilla clamps are the shitz. never could find anything Gorilla, but I think he was talking about a but style band clamp like these
http://www.jegs.com/p/Dynomax/Dynomax-Stainless-Steel-Strap-Band-Clamps/744706/10002/-1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: custom exhaust prices   custom exhaust prices I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

custom exhaust prices
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Exhaust-
Jump to: