Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NOS Tuning

Go down 
+4
Shawn1112
eviltrycycle
firestartr420
Illinois Chaos
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 9:41 pm

Pull 1 on blower setting fuel

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 9:51 pm

Pull 2

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 10:13 pm

Pull 3 still rich. Didn't get any dyno numbers because my car was fucking up Tims electronics near the monitor from my cars vibrations. It was fucking Loud and shook the shit out of the equipment so the dyno didn't log anything. I have to take my car over to Machesney tomorrow and get it on the dyno and strap it down. Then Tim will tune it there after work. It will get a NOS tune then.

Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 10:21 pm

My car had failing fuel pumps or maybe the BAP was going before I had the new Arrington fuel system installed. The a/f was 14.5 @ wot last time at the track. Tonight with 1200 lph pumping fuel it was pig rich and off the charts. The line on the a/f graph was past 9 and disappeared below the chart. Hardly anything showed on the monitor it was just a bunch of partial lines cut off from my car shaking the shit out of the electronics on that table, lol.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 11:01 pm

oh, i can't wait for racing season now.....
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 4:38 am

hee hee hee hee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 6:21 am

Patiently waiting
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 8:50 am

The video can't even come close to how loud it was in there. The only thing that I have ever heard that was louder than that was that funny car at Byron.
Back to top Go down
stairman
CAMM Pro
stairman

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 12:06 pm

I'm going to re-iterate what you said in the first video: HOLY SHIT!!!! Dumb question, do you think this setup will put you into the 9's? And if it does, are there other things you need to do-Like a 'chute?
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 12:46 pm

stairman wrote:
I'm going to re-iterate what you said in the first video: HOLY SHIT!!!! Dumb question, do you think this setup will put you into the 9's? And if it does, are there other things you need to do-Like a 'chute?

We think so. No chute yet. Might mph 135 on NOS. That would mean license. Tim still has one more trick up his sleeve to add another 100 whp beyond what we will make tonight. We want to compete in the pro class on an all stock motor. That might give Tim bragging rights to building the fastest stock hemi, but who knows. It will be close. 9's is my goal and I'll get it there, one way or the other. I don't want to make too many changes at once. I like to make small changes and race it for a season and then upgrade. The trans brake and nitrous should net me 1.3 60 ft times. I did 10.64 running lean and that cost me a couple 10ths. So I see around a half second gain just on fuel and 60 ft. improvement. Add in the 100 shot and we should see a nine.

I only care about running a low 10 or a nine something for the MSHS series Pro class that we will be going to next year. It's a truly heads up drag race where the first one to the finish line is the winner. At Byron in Midwest Index I'm going to slow it down to run the Street Limited 10.80 class.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 2:21 pm

I will sit on the floor of that beast with no seat belt just to go for a ride!
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 7:34 pm

damn. can't wait to see the numbers. the thing is in beast mode for sure.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 8:41 pm

Had to listen again with my fancy headphones. So badass!
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2012, 4:58 am

I can only imagine what it sounded like there; pretty intense.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 4:45 pm

Got it tuned today. It's on a very conservative tune. I'm making a shit ton of boost @ 10-11 lbs. Guess when I fabbed up a mesh screen for a filter it removed a huge restriction to the air flow. Tim left it pretty fat in a/f @ 10.5 a/f. and there is 6 degrees of timing pulled out. On the Nos tune the bottle pressure was on 900. If we run it @ 1000 it will make around 50 more rwhp. I think if I had it tuned to run on the razors edge it would make 800 rwp. Maybe a little more. Tim laughed and said we will save that tune for when someone is beating you, lol.

The numbers in max power are all 100 rwhp less on the dyno because I have slicks, so add 100 to the numbers.

NOS Tuning IMG_0410
NOS Tuning IMG_0411

[img]
[url=https://servimg.com/view/14290621/399]NOS Tuning Img_0410
NOS Tuning Img_0411

The Nitrous hit at 900 bottle pressure

NOS Tuning Img_0412
NOS Tuning Img_0413

That's what I love about Tim. He makes you a very conservative tune that makes a shit ton of power. Sometimes it will run faster on a conservative tune because it makes way less heat. All most people think about is maxing out everything. If I need more HP in a situation, it's in reserve.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 5:34 pm

Holy fuck balls!!! Congrats Tommy Boy, cant wait till you get it out on the track again.
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 5:45 pm

DAMN dude!!!! Fucking AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 7:10 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
Holy fuck balls!!! Congrats Tommy Boy, cant wait till you get it out on the track again.

Tim and I will be hitting Valdosta in January, 2013 for some TnT. Can't wait to see what it does.

Moparcharger06 wrote:
DAMN dude!!!! Fucking AWESOME!!!

Yeah, no shit! Tim predicted what it would make right to the very number. When he told me I was like no way, really?
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2012, 7:13 pm

Amazing! Will have to tell my dad you guys will be in GA.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2012, 7:22 am

and there it is... beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NOS Tuning Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOS Tuning   NOS Tuning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOS Tuning
Page 1 of 1