Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Murdered out begins!!!!

Go down 
+5
jontoad
jamesv82
VIKES4093
Hypnotiq
Shawn1112
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

Murdered out begins!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 3:39 pm

Started my first exterior mod, on the way to being completely murdered out when done.
Will probably debadge it this weekend if its as nice out as they say. Blacked out tails, 3rd brakelight, and rear fogs. Still got to let it cure 2 more days then wet sand and buff them out.

Murdered out begins!!!! Photo62
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 3:41 pm

Lights were on in pic, so they dont look as dark as they are. Everything is even, rear right fog looks a little brighter because of the way sun was hitting it.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 6:03 pm

Looks good!
Back to top Go down
VIKES4093
CAMM Pro
VIKES4093

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 6:34 pm

looking good .you can remove the patrick license plate bracket also
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 7:23 pm

lookin real good.

what you got in mind for rims?
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 7:28 pm

VIKES4093 wrote:
looking good .you can remove the patrick license plate bracket also
Yep, thats coming off this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 7:32 pm

jamesv82 wrote:
lookin real good.

what you got in mind for rims?
I really like the stock rims, wouldnt mind going bigger though. Going to lower the truck before I do rims, then see if they look better. If so, thinking of powder coating the stock rims either black chrome, or gloss black. Really leaning towards black chrome if I can find someone who knows the process. If I go bigger I already found black chrome 22's I want. Gotta sell my rims first though, gonna be a hard sale but for only $1 per week I will keep them on e-bay until the rite buyer comes along.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 8:13 pm

as far as i know cal-chrome is the only place doing a true black chrome process. honestly i would look into black chrome powdercoat instead, it is more resistant to any corrosion issues.
Back to top Go down
mwa145
CAMM Pro
mwa145

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 8:28 pm

nice! . plasti dip the wheels as a temp until you get new rims!
Back to top Go down
Moparcharger07
CAMM Member
Moparcharger07

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 8:48 pm

Looks good man!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 9:26 pm

jontoad wrote:
as far as i know cal-chrome is the only place doing a true black chrome process. honestly i would look into black chrome powdercoat instead, it is more resistant to any corrosion issues.
No doubt Jon, that's the only way I'm going. Powder coat or nothing, even if I go gloss black. My buddy that owns a custom motorcycle shop powder coats. He showed me 2 pieces of metal he uses for samples, he hits them together like drum sticks and it doesn't chip at all. He is looking in to a place that powder coats black chrome for me. I ordered center caps from BT, because I know the stock ones can't handle the heat from powder coating

Last edited by Shawn1112 on November 27th 2012, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 9:27 pm

mwa145 wrote:
Not a fan of plasti dip.
Back to top Go down
Hypnotiq
CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2012, 10:41 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
mwa145 wrote:
Not a fan of plasti dip.
yeah it gives some cars a cheap look.
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 4:36 am

The place I am going to take my rims to eventually can do a flake in the black. So my rims will match all the BB pieces on the car.

Looks good Shawn.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 11:27 am

I had a set of BT centercaps but I decided not to use them. They use a ton of screws and washers and are a pain in the ass. In my experience the less screws involved on the rims or centercaps, the less that can sieze up later. I change or balance my tires too often to deal with the BT caps.

Honesty some shadow paint or niteshades on the stock caps would match close enough to the powder. Caps aren't really a location that get rock chips.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2012, 2:25 pm

jontoad wrote:
I had a set of BT centercaps but I decided not to use them. They use a ton of screws and washers and are a pain in the ass. In my experience the less screws involved on the rims or centercaps, the less that can sieze up later. I change or balance my tires too often to deal with the BT caps.

Honesty some shadow paint or niteshades on the stock caps would match close enough to the powder. Caps aren't really a location that get rock chips.
Only using them if I go black chrome, thats something imo that all has to match perfectly. If I go gloss black then ya I can get away with spraying the stock center caps.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2012, 4:53 am

To me, nothing like a black on black car. I still need to get my rims powder coated some day. The tails look great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murdered out begins!!!!   Murdered out begins!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murdered out begins!!!!
Page 1 of 1