Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos Empty
PostSubject: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 3:12 pm

Does anyone have any idea why LED's would be burned out on the AAC halos? This is the second set in the car, I replaced the them either last fall or January. I know they have a lifetime warranty but its a lot of time.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 3:21 pm

They are AAC halos and that's something that comes with the territory of them.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 3:26 pm

oh what a pain if i need to do this every year. last year we went to prolly 12 shows, by this time last year we had to keep them off, a one or two rings were half out. this year we went to 3 shows including WOrld of wheels, where they were on all weekend two weeks ago and the wife noticed a "few" leds out, but still LEDs should last 100k hours. these were on for a few hours at the other local shows.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 3:29 pm

Yeah they can be a pain why I took so long to do them. It is a pain and some of it comes from the manufacturing but also installing them can put stress on circuit board. That will break and led no problem.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 7:21 pm

crazy933 wrote:
oh what a pain if i need to do this every year. last year we went to prolly 12 shows, by this time last year we had to keep them off, a one or two rings were half out. this year we went to 3 shows including WOrld of wheels, where they were on all weekend two weeks ago and the wife noticed a "few" leds out, but still LEDs should last 100k hours. these were on for a few hours at the other local shows.
AAC makes a horse shit product imo. I love the look of Halo's, just not worth the hassle.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 7:24 pm

Shawn, i would have never done this if I knew I'd be replacing them every year. I should have gone with another manufacture.

congrats on the jeep.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 7:25 pm

crazy933 wrote:
Shawn, i would have never done this if I knew I'd be replacing them every year. I should have gone with another manufacture.

congrats on the jeep.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 10:09 pm

its not the LED's that are out. it's the resistors. that's why they go out in groups of three. one resistor per 3 LED's.

i gave up on the LED halo's because of that problem. i replaced one ring for that problem and another ring did it the next month. then i ordered that ring and right when i got it and was about to put it in another ring did it. i gave up right there.

turns out Flashtech just started selling LED halo's with no resistors on the back of the boards. instead the resistor is placed in a box outside the headlight housing so if they ever go out you do not have to take the light apart or replace a halo ring. you just swap the resistor pack. if you want to keep LED halos that is the only way to go.

if i didn't already put in new lights i would have gone with those new Flashtech ones. AAC does not have a set like the new Flashtech ones with the external resistor pack.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2012, 10:15 pm

Yeah the halos I went with from a new company called DLuxFX are just like flashtechs. The resistor is seperate from the halo. That way if a problem happens you don't have to open headlight.
Back to top Go down
crazy933
CAMM Pro
crazy933

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 5:26 pm

Maybe AAC wil change their setup.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2012, 5:59 pm

Not likely cause they are actually moving away from automotive stuff. Making more money with their commercial lighting business. Companies pay more than auto customizers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos   WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF. lights out again in the LED Halos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: