Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

C.A.I. for the 392's

Go down 
+2
Headtripp
BackNBlack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

C.A.I. for the 392's Empty
PostSubject: C.A.I. for the 392's   C.A.I. for the 392's I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2012, 9:43 pm

Hey CAMM crew,
So...like a tattoo once you get one ...you get an itch for another. So im starting over the modding itch...which is so much fun. So what is the gossip for a C.A.I. on the new 392's? I see some members stating not worth changing. Some say good to change. Does anyone any input ? Love to always upgrade...but is it worth it?
Thanks BNB
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: C.A.I. for the 392's   C.A.I. for the 392's I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2012, 10:49 pm

Did some more looking and saw about 6-10 hp gains with a few CAI's. For the price and minimal gains I think it would be more for looks. Until you guys get tuning if that will ever happen Smile
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: C.A.I. for the 392's   C.A.I. for the 392's I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2012, 4:53 am

Headtripp wrote:
Did some more looking and saw about 6-10 hp gains with a few CAI's. For the price and minimal gains I think it would be more for looks. Until you guys get tuning if that will ever happen Smile

Agreed. No real noticeable gain here, but you do get that tougher sound that comes with a CAI.
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: C.A.I. for the 392's   C.A.I. for the 392's I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2012, 9:55 am

get an exhaust!! I got some nice gains on my R/T with just a cat back. (havent been on a dyno with it yet, so i dont know any real world numbers). Hopefully we'll get some tuning available soon.
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: C.A.I. for the 392's   C.A.I. for the 392's I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2012, 9:57 am

So what have srt members been liking. Any new products from a coupke years ago. Anyone have any product likes or dislikes?
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: C.A.I. for the 392's   C.A.I. for the 392's I_icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2012, 12:01 pm

You might want to ask bullish on the z what he did for exhaust. He sold the 07 R/T and got a 12 srt too. he has aftermarket exhaust, He likes his. There is a valve in your exhaust that opens and closes that you have to deal with. Last I heard if you take it out your mds doesn't work right. Not sure if they have got around that or if they incorporate it into the new exhaust.

And I would do the CAI even if it is for looks and sound mostly. That stock intake is kinda boring looking.
Back to top Go down
2BADDBOY
CAMM Rookie
2BADDBOY

PostSubject: Re: C.A.I. for the 392's   C.A.I. for the 392's I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2013, 6:48 am

LMI Legmaker intakes = that's what was recommended to me
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: C.A.I. for the 392's   C.A.I. for the 392's I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2013, 6:39 am

2BADDBOY wrote:
LMI Legmaker intakes = that's what was recommended to me

I bought the short ram cai from legmaker. I like the carbonfiber but didnt come with the housing for the filter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C.A.I. for the 392's   C.A.I. for the 392's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

C.A.I. for the 392's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Engine & Trans Performance-
Jump to: