Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeRegisterLog in

Hello New Batlett IL Memeber

Go down 

Want a drag racing club
Join a drag racing club
Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_vote1240%Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_vote13
 40% [ 2 ]
Not Join a drag racing club
Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_vote120%Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_vote13
 0% [ 0 ]
Race as a group but not belong to a club
Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_vote1260%Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_vote13
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Moparman1954
CAMM Rookie
Moparman1954

Hello New Batlett IL Memeber Empty
PostSubject: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 10:31 am

Hello all Im a a 58 year old drag racer I own a 1962 Dodge Lancer Drag Car . 451 stroker engine moved back 18% square tube chasis car . I was wondering if ther was a Mopar drag racing club here . If not would any one be interested in stating one for 2013 I thought it might be fun if we could get a few cars to race at different events next year . I understand you have an event this month I was hopng to expand that to more races next year. It does not have to be a all mopar event . Way to many bow ties racing every weekend we need more mopars to attend and race . Street cars can also attend

Thanks Tommy

https://i.servimg.com/u/f32/17/82/83/52/40211.jpg
Back to top Go down
jontoad
Founding Member
Founding Member
jontoad

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 6:27 pm

hopefully Tom (illinois chaos) will post up and give you some info of what he does. he is at the track most weekends and races in a points series. the rest of us kinda just go for fun once in a while, but you might get more interest in creating a schedule for this next year as quite a few of the cars here are starting to get serious about their drag racing.

there was a time when you would find me at the strip quite often, but i went a different direction for racing with my current weekend play toy.

welcome to the CAMM forum!

SRT MAX Plus cam, Dominator stall torque converter, AMG blue top shift solenoids, Wavetrack LSD, richmond 3.55 gears, Tein Superstreet coilovers, stack 'chubby'' sway bars, ect...
Autocross videos - (((((SRT8 Charger autocross lap.)))))  -  (((((Edited movie.)))))  -  (((((Helmet cam lap.)))))
Back to top Go down
irishrt5.7
CAMM All-Star
irishrt5.7

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 9:58 pm

im a maybe on this.. can get kinda expensive..we will have to see come closer to next year..
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 10:04 pm

Welcome to Camm

Hello New Batlett IL Memeber 1236920_10151644188979537_407418136_n
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2012, 5:04 am

I would enjoy watching that's for sure.

Welcome in!
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2012, 7:29 am

Welcome to CAMM.

I would like to come out and watch

CAMM All-Star
Hypnotiq

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2012, 7:33 am

Welcome to CAMM bearbang
Back to top Go down
eviltrycycle
Founding Member
Founding Member
eviltrycycle

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2012, 8:48 pm

Hi Tommy welcome to CAMM.

There is a drag racing club around if you wanted to check them out.

Here is there website. http://www.midwestracing.net/

John with the black and red Chally comes on here sometime.

You Tube Channel https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicagolandAreaModernMopars

Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
Back to top Go down
Wicked 09
CAMM Member
Wicked 09

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 2:28 pm

Just chiming in with my two cents on this. I have been part of a drag racing car club for 12 years. We're going into our 13th year in 2013. We are Midwest Racing. An all American Made Car Club. We were founded on the American Made muscle car rivalry of the late 60s early 70s. Although we are mostly late model muscle cars, we welcome all brands and years of American Made cars. We race once a month from April through September exclusively at Byron Dragway. We race with a bracket style start and a heads up finish to insure the racing is fair. We race for points with trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in points. A best reaction time of the season trophy is also presented. We understand that people have a life. We meet once a month in Addison IL on a Sunday and race once a month on a Saturday so as not to interfere with peoples lives more the necessary. Our website is www.midwestracing.net. But there is more information on our Face Book page. Just look up Midwest Racing...Car Club. I know we're going into winter but now is a good time to join up if all this appealing to you. It's a good time to build friendships and rivalries for the upcoming season. I hope to see a few more Mopars in the club next season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello New Batlett IL Memeber   Hello New Batlett IL Memeber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello New Batlett IL Memeber
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: CAMM General Discussion :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: