Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the best nitrous kit?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

What is the best nitrous kit? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2012, 11:12 am

Bottles are for babies.....Yeah Yeah Yeah. Who makes the best kit and why?
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2012, 12:54 pm

Well each kit is different all have the parts to get the basic stuff going. However there are a lot of other pieces to go into making a safe kit. Talk to the guys at nitrous outlet will get you up and running pretty easy. Expect to spend about $1500 to get all parts needed for safe and reliable system.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2012, 3:55 pm

Here is one kit that is really pretty much all you need. Might want to order a window switch to set where it starts to spray. NOS isn't a good idea on street tires.
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2012, 3:55 pm

oops here:

http://www.zex.com/zx/dodge-hemi-challenger-nitrous-system.html
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2012, 6:57 am

Illinois Chaos wrote:
oops here:

This is the system that was recommended to me as being the safest. I also purchased the automatic bottle opener. As no tuning is available, I only run a 75 shot. Tim and crew at Mr. Norms did a great job installing mine.
Back to top Go down
KTCHUP
CAMM Member
KTCHUP

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2012, 9:27 am

So a automatic bottle opener and a window switch. Does anyone reccomend any other add on pieces for either safety or ease of use?
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2012, 9:44 am

Nitrous filter, WOT pedal switch, FPSS switch, pressure gauge, blown down tube.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 4:56 am

Okie6.1 wrote:
Nitrous filter, WOT pedal switch, FPSS switch, pressure gauge, blown down tube.

Blow down tube for sure if you want to use it at the track. The kit referenced above includes a TPS switch that only engages the nitrous at WOT; so if you go with the kit you don’t need a WOT pedal switch.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 6:09 am

chicagovich wrote:
Illinois Chaos wrote:
oops here:

This is the system that was recommended to me as being the safest. I also purchased the automatic bottle opener. As no tuning is available, I only run a 75 shot. Tim and crew at Mr. Norms did a great job installing mine.
Just out of curiosity, what did Norms charge for the install? I'm really considering this since there are no tuning options available yet. I could probably figure out how to do the install myself, but if Norms is reasonable I would let them do it.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 10:40 am

Shawn1112 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what did Norms charge for the install? I'm really considering this since there are no tuning options available yet. I could probably figure out how to do the install myself, but if Norms is reasonable I would let them do it.

They had a hard time taking apart the car as mine was the first of the new style they'd done. It took an additional day, but they didn't charge me for all the time. In the end, they asked for $1,000.00 even. I'm real happy with the Mod.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 12:03 pm

Ya, I might want to do it myself, and use $1000 for another mod. I have read the instructions on Zex website and doesnt seem that hard. I have helped install it on a Rustang and it wasnt that bad.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 12:04 pm

Yeah $1,000 would e way to much for me. Do it yourself and save for another nod.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 12:42 pm

This is what took the most time. It was important to me that the controls looked like they were almost stock. I bet it could be done for cheaper.

What is the best nitrous kit? Img_0010
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 1:55 pm

What are the 3 switches and 1 button for, arm, purge, bottle opener????
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 3:18 pm

I just bought a Zex kit from a take off kit and I don't even know how much I paid yet, lol. It will be a great deal, though. Going to have a new Paramount trans/valve body/trans cooler and Nos kit installed in a week or so. Maybe I'll get lucky and set the e/t record on a stock 6.1l block. It will be fun trying and I bet I get close.
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 3:21 pm

Awesome Tom!
Back to top Go down
Okie6.1
CAMM All-Star
Okie6.1

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 3:26 pm

I'll finish my install in a couple days.
Back to top Go down
chicagovich
CAMM Pro
chicagovich

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2012, 3:34 pm

Shawn1112 wrote:
What are the 3 switches and 1 button for, arm, purge, bottle opener????

You got it: arm, opener, bottle heater and then the red button is the purge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the best nitrous kit?   What is the best nitrous kit? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the best nitrous kit?
Page 1 of 1