Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evaporator leaking

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dakotabluert98
CAMM Member
dakotabluert98

Evaporator leaking  Empty
PostSubject: Evaporator leaking    Evaporator leaking  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2012, 10:31 am

Over the last month my 05 Maggie wasn't holding a ac charge. Had it looked at by a local mechanic and told me the evaporator was leaking and was told the whole dash has to come out to replace. Has anyone had this same problem ?
Back to top Go down
jamesv82
jamesv82

PostSubject: Re: Evaporator leaking    Evaporator leaking  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2012, 10:41 am

Check with Moparcharger06, Adam, he's the main man mechanic around here.

He got my ac working.

James
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Evaporator leaking    Evaporator leaking  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2012, 10:54 am

havent had it happen, but it is a common issue in all cars. It has to do with the way they design the condensate drip pan... Yes you need to remove the dash to get access to it. If you are going to have it replaced, you may want to suck it up, and replace the heater core at the same time so you don't run into issues with that down the road, and have to go through the same thing...
Back to top Go down
liljoejoe54
liljoejoe54

PostSubject: Re: Evaporator leaking    Evaporator leaking  I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2012, 4:50 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
havent had it happen, but it is a common issue in all cars. It has to do with the way they design the condensate drip pan... Yes you need to remove the dash to get access to it. If you are going to have it replaced, you may want to suck it up, and replace the heater core at the same time so you don't run into issues with that down the road, and have to go through the same thing...

I couldnt agree with this more. Nothing sucks more than having to replace a heater core. If you are going to do one, just do them both if possible. Peace of mind for the future. Plus the heater core shouldnt cost that much.
Back to top Go down
dakotabluert98
CAMM Member
dakotabluert98

PostSubject: Re: Evaporator leaking    Evaporator leaking  I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2012, 7:49 am

Thanks everyone. Gonna look into the heater core as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evaporator leaking    Evaporator leaking  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evaporator leaking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars :: The Garage :: Electronics-
Jump to: