Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!
Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars
Joining our club forum is FREE, so please take a few minutes to register and join us in Chicagoland's best Modern Mopar club on the web!

After joining, you will not only be able to communicate with our members, but other forums will be available for viewing and posting. These include our CAMM Swap section, featuring parts and vehicles for sale in the Chicagoland area, the Knowledge Base, Off Topic Areas and much, much more.

Advertisements will also be disabled for you once you join.

We openly invite you to join our online community and hope to see you posting soon!

Everything Mopar for the Chicagoland area

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8

Go down 
+2
Shawn1112
kwoolums
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kwoolums
CAMM Rookie
kwoolums

Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 Empty
PostSubject: Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8   Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2012, 7:17 pm

I have talked to a few people and can not get a good answer. I have a 2012 Challenger SRT8 392. All I have done to it so far was put a mopar Cold Air Intake. Some people say to go have it dyno because there would be a increase of Hp and torque. Other people say the codes have not been broken yet and it would be a waste of money. Any help would be appricated.
Back to top Go down
Shawn1112
Founding Member
Founding Member
Shawn1112

PostSubject: Re: Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8   Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 I_icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2012, 8:01 pm

Cant tune the 11 or 12's yet. When tuning does become available you will have to get a predator, and yes I would recommend a custom tune on a dyno.
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8   Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2012, 2:39 pm

Most new 2011 and up srt8 don't really benefit much from CAI's from what I read. So it may be in your best interest to hold on to your stock intake. Even the Mopar one is the one most end up replacing back to stock.
And yeah sorry NO tuning for you unless you wanna go get a older PCM and swap it out
Sorry to be a downer
Back to top Go down
firestartr420
CAMM All-Star
firestartr420

PostSubject: Re: Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8   Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2012, 3:25 pm

I would still run the car on a dyno however to get your base numbers, so you know where you are at when you start adding things to the car...
Back to top Go down
Illinois Chaos
CAMM All-Star
Illinois Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8   Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2012, 3:25 pm

Sorry to be a downer

......and a wanker. wut? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Headtripp
Founding Member
Founding Member
Headtripp

PostSubject: Re: Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8   Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2012, 3:43 pm

Illinois Chaos wrote:
Sorry to be a downer

......and a wanker. wut? Suspect
don't you have some water and meth to mixup or something
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8   Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 8:31 pm

Headtripp wrote:
Most new 2011 and up srt8 don't really benefit much from CAI's from what I read. So it may be in your best interest to hold on to your stock intake. Even the Mopar one is the one most end up replacing back to stock.
And yeah sorry NO tuning for you unless you wanna go get a older PCM and swap it out
Sorry to be a downer

Really...... on the C.A.I.? why is that? Eventually need one for a supercharger! ill look into the mopar C.A.I..
Back to top Go down
BackNBlack
Founding Member
Founding Member
BackNBlack

PostSubject: Re: Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8   Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 8:33 pm

firestartr420 wrote:
I would still run the car on a dyno however to get your base numbers, so you know where you are at when you start adding things to the car...

Planning on dyno before modding anyhting! Then i can see the true before and after #'s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8   Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dyno a 2012 Challenger SRT8
Page 1 of 1